1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rainman Discussion

Sep 24, 2018

1. @missmoody well I think they're perfect! They look fantastic :D

2. Oh no, I didn't realize they had stopped making eyes... :(
      Well that's sad news. I love the pair I have and would have loved to get more at some point.

3. Well, I finally put my Rainman made/Sabrina Dolls sold Veronica head on my impldoll body. I blushed her head to match a long time ago, I just did the most convoluted things to get her head on due to her small head slot! But it's on now :) Now I have to find an outfit for her :)

[​IMG]

4. She has clothes now :)
      [​IMG]

She's wearing MC Hammer pants, LOL, but I want to put her in an Edwardian biking pants/skirt iin black with combat boots to be a weird conglomeration of Edwardian/modern/goth :D

5. @IngieBee Oh, what a great fit she is on that body! And such cool style she will have :D

My July finally has a faceup, so now it is time to decide what kind of haircolor she wants.

[​IMG]
      This is my only unused wig in her size, and black is DEFINITELY not her color (I mean she looks cool in a Morticia Addams kind of way, but her character is supposed to be more bubbly :sweat )

[​IMG]
      Pink is a lot better :chibi

[​IMG]
      White-peach also looks lovely...

[​IMG]
      ...as long as I don´t zoom out to reveal that it is just a bunch of loose fiber :lol:

6. Love the white one with the peachy dipped tips :love

7. @Smaug , I can't believe I'm going to say this as it's generally not my favorite color, but I think the platinum blonde looks great on her :D :thumbup but I also like the pink :love

8. @Smaug lol I love it XD My July is actually going to have the black hair/bang look so thank you for the look into her future! As for yours, are you making the wig? The peachy blond would look great with pink streaks.

9. @VampireAngel13 Haha, glad I could help with a sneak peek! Please spam us when your girl is ready, I am always fascinated how the same sculpt can pull off so vastly different looks :D

As for the hair color of my girl, I decided that I cannot decide so I just went ahead and used ALL the colors :lol: The outmost layers are the white-peach and she has the pink and some pastel blue-purple underneath:

[​IMG]
      it was exceedingly windy, so so much for the styling...thankfully she is a fluffball anyway <3

10. I love the wig! She looks so cool and fun! And golly those eyes are awesome! @Smaug

11. @Smaug Such a great wig! She looks great.

12. It looks like they have new skin colors and a Blina release coming up. I really like the new tan. :D

13. I love my dark Blina, she's so gorgeous :) I hope more get her. Did Rainman adjust her neck to fit his bodies? If not, be aware that the neck is smaller being one of the heads he made before he made the bodies :)

14. Hi guys! I just ordered 4 Blina heads, Awake and Sleeping in both normal and tan. I also recently found both July heads in normal second-hand. I'm thinking of hybriding them. I understand that the Blina heads will be in new resin colors which we have yet to see in person, but can anyone show me their hybrids or resin comparisons? I'm mostly interested in Dollshe, Dollstown, or Iplehouse bodies (I know on the SID and EID you have to mod the neck). I know the heads will fit on Impldoll, and they do resin matching too, but I'm just not that into Impldoll bodies.

15. @ElizabethStiles , Sorry, I'm putting my July head on an Impldoll body when I can get one, or else she'll get the incoming Doll Family H body I ordered. My Vanessa is on Impldoll as well. I know there were several Dollstown and possibly Dollshe bodies photographed with Blina at least earlier in this thread. I think Dollstown required a little modding.

16. I looked through the entire thread, but I must have missed it, or the color wasn't mentioned. I would love to see what she looks like on your DF-H body, though, when you get it. I was considering the DF-H 63cm body, but it just doesn't seem realistic enough to me. But maybe seeing it together will change my mind.

Anyone here with Dollshe or Dollstown bodies able to help me figure out resin matching?

17. Oh, yeah, I missed that. Still, the color says "white strawberry", which isn't currently a Dollshe/Dollstown color, unless they meant Honey Strawberry Fresh, which isn't available anymore. However, that still points to Pure Fresh as being at least the closest match to the old Rainman Normal.

18. Hallo there, I have my Kira from first release on Iple SID body, normal head color and peach gold Iple color body. Color matching head to body (sorry no photo because I am on holiday), but color difference is quite a visible.

My first plan was put normal color Kira head on DollShe 26F body in "normal" (fresh), it was OK after body blushing (almost no color difference) but my DollShe body was older (I think 2017???) and not stored properly by previous owner.

Rainman normal from first release is pinkish, so there is difference with DollsTown oriental (2020, 2021 - I have DT 18y boy body form 2020 and there is color difference), but this could be alternated with blushing and light coloring.

I had Tsunaina from first release in tan and it is almost perfect match to DollShe/ DollsTown copper oriental.

SID body is great for smaller R&R heads but with neck modding as mentioned.
      Tsu was first in line of bigger R&R heads and fits at DollShe neck without modding.

19. @susana789 , Thank you! So if I'm understanding you, the Fresh wasn't a great match, but you think it might have been because of yellowing? And I assume the Peach Gold Iplehouse body was darker and pinker than the Rainman Normal?