1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rainman Discussion

Sep 24, 2018

1. Thanks! :)

Edit:

Well, pending finding out resin matches I think I'm either going to be aiming for the new Dollstown 17yo body - or at the opposite end of the physiques we tend to get for bjds - the new hyper-jointed Impldoll girl for my head when she turns up. (Being a fan of his work on the 1/6 scale half of the hobby I totally splurged on a face-up)

#61 Vetinari, Oct 3, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    2. @Rook_Sever Excited to see what you do with your girl!

@Vetinari oh that's an interesting option!

@jack_sea The neck might actually be the biggest barrier. Scale and styling should be good, plus supia has the 65 body now if you find her lacking in height.

@GreenTeaSlug asked about plans, so I'll kick that off.

My blina will have a very 1960s Catherine Deneuve vibe: smudgy cat liner, freckles and a sunny complexion, rose lips. Deciding on the exact shade of red for her hair now. ;)

3. @rianne woooow, sounds so beautiful! Hope ypu will show her here^^
      I still have no idea about my Blina - too many images I'd like to try for her...

4. I'm chickening out due to the small time frame. The two Rainman sculpts I have (Eun-A and Yuan) gave me trouble finding bodies for them so I'm not quite comfortable buying a beautiful sculpt on a whim only to have her end up in the floating head box ...
      (But once I do get her, I'll probably go for the sleeping head.)

5. There will be more sales. The small time frame is only for this face up (inspired by the model Swalina, Rainman said), normal skin and sunglasses gift. In the future he will offer more sales with other skin color options, I suppose. So don't worry about it, you can eventually get her later.

6. Skin colour is another thing ... I'll be waiting for future releases then :)

7. I think I'm going to wait for a future sale too. I actually think I want her in WS - I'd love to put her on an Oasisdoll Chic body but we'll see. I'm tentatively planning on her being blonde (my only one, lol).

8. @Rook_Sever I keep experimenting with mockups because there are so many ways to work with this girl's fabulous features. :D I'll definitely share her here.

9. I saw one of your mockups on Instagram @rianne - she looked beautiful! I love freckles, and I'm such a sucker for sleeping sculpts.

I'm definitely going to be watching for the next preorder!

10. I'm opening the thread to say exactly the same :) Hope Blina will work with Chic, and that Rainman's new white won't be too pale or cold shaded.

11. Just a quick note, the mod team has officially decided that Blina is on topic. :3

12. Oh, maybe someone have elfdoll and miracle doll in normal skin? I have seen new Miracle girl body and fall in love, want to fit Blina for this one, but absolutely don't know about skin comparison between this two companies.

13. Man Rainman is really booking it. He's got a new girl already!

Luckily I'm safe this time, even if she does share my name. XD

14. I know, I've been keeping track on Instagram! She is beautiful! I still would like to buy Blina (both heads) first, but if he keeps making heads, I'm definitely going to need to save more. His work is so natural and realistic.

15. Yeah the new sculpt is :love(Lol I'm doomed if he carries on at this rate). Still, I have been saying for years that I wanted to get more girls in my bjd group...

16. As soon as Blina gets here, shes heading straight to you @rianne XD
      OE will have faint freckles, brown thick bushy eyebrows with natural everything

What skin tone will you be getting for your girl when getting the vision body?
      I think that is the perfect body choice for her because of the slender neck and proud shoulders. Ill be trying mine on the new slim SID body, but Im really hoping RainMan makes a female body eventually.

I love the new girl Kira, more so than Blina:shudder
      She looks so rich and snobby to me:chomp: I love her look a lot, especially the half open eyes

Im imagining a Lucille Bluth from Arrested Development type character for her

This time, I wont rush now that i understand its time limited and not quantity limited :doh

17. @GreenTeaSlug AHHHH nice to see you here! I ordered oriental from DT. It's honestly the best go-to 'ns' shade around. Mildly pinker than volks, but it seems to photograph well with everything. Even works for my pinky Bimong ns, so I figure I can close any gap between it and Blina's ns with blushing. ^^

I admit, the Vision body was a super easy decision since I love DT and frankly the body looks like the real swalina's build.

I'm curious to see the Iplehouse resin comparison too! SID is a nice option I think, a good mature build but still really lean to suit those sharp features.

Kira has a deliciously bitchy vibe. Doesn't hurt that she hares my name lol. :wiggle I think I'm safe for now. I don't have room for another big doll. >_>

18. @GreenTeaSlug - I'm not familiar with the character of Lucille Bluth, but I like your description! It suits Kira's face very well!

I think for Blina (if I get a chance to order her later) I'm thinking of something opposite what her promo photos look like. I really love the freckles, but I would like to see her with black hair and blue/violet eyes. Maybe she can channel the elegant, reckless Diana Villiers (character from the Patrick O'Brian Aubrey-Maturin series).

I can't wait to see her on the Vision body @rianne! I hope they both arrive quickly!

19. @StellaMarigold If another girl hadn't laid claim to the dark hair/violet eyes combo already, that's what I'd be doing with my blina. XD She can definitely pull off the aristocratic and wild look as well as she can the kind of soft feline feel of her default.

20. Goodness, the new girl looks like Julia Roberts, no? I can hardly wait to see everyone's pictures!