1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Raurencio Studio - 60cm Lady Discussion

May 31, 2010

1. Bhà i'm on $abbatha side, definitely, sorry if i'm rude, i may be interetsed but not without any resins color option...

2. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on what they want to see in a particular doll. In the end, it's up to Raurencio as to what color resin they use.

3. Lycansea: You could always have the head blushed to match the body if it is close? I'm not sure if Mint on Card will have the new bodies in stock, but I could always send my Stella head off to them to see if the resin match is close. Raurencio told me it will be about 30-35 days on my Stella to arrive since I ordered the faceup. It wouldn't be the first time I've sent a head to them for a resin match. I've got some items ordered so I could have it shipped back no problem.

4. Raurencio's male resin is very yellow, right from the get-go. I like Stella's face, but preferred the old version of the body. I bought Arael's head a while back and really liked how he looked in the company pictures, but IRL the sculpt was lopsided and oddly proportioned. I would worry that Stella has the same kind of problems. It'd be good to see wigless/faceless pictures of her from more angles, not just "the good side".

5. UHM..since the company have no plan to put on sale separately the head i think this will remain a dream *sigh*
      But maybe in future Raurencio will put the head separately from the body for sale.
      Maybe it's due to the realistic feature?I mean that Raurencio head are quite different in sculp from the other,maybe their sculpt it's too realistic...

6. Yeah I think you are right, there is an element of "exaggerated realism" similar to that of Minimees; I guess I prefer some of the realism to be glossed over and idealised or stylised a little. But with Arael, there also seemed to be a lack of understanding of human anatomy... an egg-shaped head with oddly positioned ears and neck hole. I think the company faceup and photography did a lot to mask those flaws.

7. Thanks for you input about that twigling. I had always thought there was something off about some of the sculpts but couldn't figure out what. Arael looks real nice with the full faceup and wig on their site too. Did you ever have one of their male bodies? (Just wondering about posing capabilities.)

8. PacificBlue: Aww so you really ordered one! YAY :dance! Its great, I thought it would take forever to see owners pix.

I dunno but maybe RR has some art of contract with some casting company they cant cancel so that would be the reason for their skin choice.

I hope they make a NS option in not to far future!

9. PacificBlue: That would be awesome! Thank you!

I can't wait to see your new Stella! :aheartbea

10. Azraelita: I can only assume they do have a casting company that will only do certain choices. I did mention to them that there are many people interested in other resin colors. I just sent them a message to see if I could cancel the faceup so I could take pics of her before since so many people are interested. I hope it's not too late.

Lycansea: No problem! ^^

11. Beautiful Awesome sculpts

12. About pictures of blank heads i think it's very useful for us buyers to see how the head is exactly,i mean it's a godd thing to shown the blankie head,just my two.

I really didn't expect that the Arael head is so odd...thanks for sharing your opinion Twigling ^^

Well someone bought it,i readed somewhere,don't remeber where,that raurencio ,ale bodies are pretty similkiar to Uni doll bodies,but its poses better as are less heavier that unidoll bodies.

13. I'm a little upset they won't sell the heads separately, but these heads are gorgeous... :0

14. Well maybe they will... :D
      in a few years :(

15. :( They cant... They just cant!!!! *throws head down

I really love Stella's head sculpt, but i have never been one for newer double-jointed bodies...
      Plus the weird extra leg part always makes me uncomfortable... lol
      i wonder if anyone is doing a split... *goes to look

16. Hi guys and gals! ^^ Here are a few updates from Raurencio Studio:

$abbatha: There is a similarity between the Raurencio Studio body sculpts and Unidoll due to that it is the same sculptor. He left Unidoll sometime ago to open up his own company. His sculptors are trying to improve the body line now and hope to come out with a new male body shortly. Raurencio Studio is hoping to come out with 40 cm bodies by next month and are in the works of producing 25 cm and 70 cm bodies in the upcoming future.

I had also mentioned to Raurencio that I have seen some comments on the Forum stating that their male hand sculpts were not as "pretty" as some would like. I think Raurencio was aiming for a more realistic look to them, but that doesn't make them visually pleasing to alot of people. I had mentioned this to them and they are aiming for smoother lines in their male hands.

Azraelita, $avage, $abbatha (and whoever else I may have missed with this interest): I mentioned that a number of members have posted that a resin choice would definitely influence whether or not their sculpts would generate more interest. This is the reply I got: [FONT=&#46027]"Also we are planning to another resin color in next version..." [/FONT][FONT=&#46027]They did not mention as to what the new color resin would be though.

Oh, and could I get your opinion on this question please? Thanks!!

Would you like to see more realistic sculpts or more cute sculpts from Raurencio Studio? (Cute meaning more anime style perhaps with the bigger eyes, less realistic and more to what most bjd look like from other companies.)
      [/FONT]

17. Thanks PacificBlue.
      I personally have nothing towards the realistic sculpt,but definitely Raurencio should maybe do in a more mild way,i mean that their sculpt are amazing if we're talking in view of realism,but in someway i find a bit too much.
      Definitely Raurencio imo shall stay true to itself as company,i have no interest at all in cute/anime sculpt,i could get from another company if i really wish,so maybe just a bit of less realism in sculpt definitely could be the right direction.
      Also Raurencio should consider some dealership in EU expecially,that woudl be very helpful for the company to earn more consensus.

18. Personally my problem with the hands is the part where it goes to the wrist joint. I love all the Raurencio dolls, especially the boys but the hands don't flow naturally to the wrist (imo). I was planning to buy an Azrail in the furture (if I ever get to see a blank head) and change his hands out to DK jointed ones.

As for the cute sculpts, there's a huge market for them but I prefer the realism myself.

19. Totally second it every word!

I preffer realistic sculpts but beautifull not too rough, and Id love a dealer in EU too!

PacificBlueThank you :whitetruffle
      If they would ad pink normal skin that would be great, I just hate my dolls gettin yellower with time, thats why I lean forward more pink though I was big fan of white in the beginning of my BJD hobby!