1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Raurencio Studio - 60cm Lady Discussion

May 31, 2010

1. Thanks for the input! I'll definitely mention it to Raurencio (resin and UK dealers included). I definitely agree about the company staying true to their realistic sculpts though maybe not so realistic. I think this you can see this in their Calian sculpt. He looks quite realistic but his eyes are abit bigger than real though not too big and his nose has a nice smooth shape. Of course no one has a nose that straight but that's what looks aesthetically pleasing to me.

As for the hands, I did a comparison between Raurencio and DikaDoll. It's looks to me as Raurencio's hands are abit to spread out (the thumb is too far out) and looks claw like so it doesn't quite line up with the wrist's symmetry. DikaDoll's hands are jointed and have a more natural pose. Not every doll company has jointed hands of course, but symmetrical hands in more natural poses are definitely quite nice and goes together with the body's smooth lines.

2. The hands matter really don't bother me that much even if your considerations are quite true still.
      By the way besides the real sculpt,maybe blankie piccies of heads shall helps out buyers, pink resin color as option for the dolls and parts,and an European dealer i have nothing much to ask to raurencio.
      I consider Raurencio a valid and realible company and i would love to buy a new female body from them if they will realease a pink resin tone.

3. if the comany serisouly consider to offere tow resins color it would be great, aslo i second the opinion above mine, i like Raurencio realism and i wish they still going on with this style.

4. I wish that companies (hint, hint Raurencio ;)) would make dolls as realistic as the CG characters of Final Fantasy, or some of Heise's delicious artwork! I have seen more realistic dolls and I say that I am drawn to them the most. The problem with the anime sculpts is they are missing the key component of anime. The anime eyes! It took me a few years to realize why they didn't appeal to me, while I loved anime (and variations of anime). The typical bjd eyes just doesn't really make an anime sculpt really shine like true anime eyes would. But that is another thought for a different thread.

I love the pictures of Stella. I think she would make an interesting head. I think that the company should move toward more Calian type heads. Even though I loved the Rio from Unidoll, he was a bit too over-masculine for me. I love realism, but unfortunately a lot of companies seem to be going for the ultra-masculine realism or hyper-feminine realism. I think that rather than trying to stylize anime or realism, they should be going for a "new" kind of style. Like how the Final Fantasy CG characters kind of made their own style.

5. Wow thanks Azraelita for posting those pics. I love the head, even without the face up! Omagosh, I wish I'd just won the lottery. So many Raurencio's, so little cash!

6. Wow! Stella looks so good even without the faceup! Raurencio is really trying to promote the new Ladies. What better way than to give the head as a reward for ordering the new body. ^^

Lycansea: Ha! I really like Calian myself! Someone on the forum has him and is portrayed as one of the Final Fantasy characters. It wouldn't hurt to make a suggestion to Raurencio.... Alot of people like their realism as well in their sculpts though. I find Remiel's face quite appealing to me. And I know Mathurine really likes Azrail..... So maybe a little bit of both types of sculpts?

$avage: Do you think it could possibly be the lighting making it look too light? Looks like there's a light shining down on the background.

Mathurine: Those are my thoughts exactly! I would buy all the Ladies as well as a few of those guys. I can't wait to see what the new sizes they are coming out with will look like!

7. I dont know the flash may be lighter the body color a bit, but definitely not drastically, so actually the new raurencio resin color could be claimed as cream withe....

8. I do have a few dolls from different companies I could do a comparison with once my Stella gets home.....

9. More owner pics of Stella would be awesome. :D It's too bad they currently don't sell heads separately.

10. If Ill earn some extra money I definitelly get her, now Im just too unsure what future brings so I dont want to spend so much money.

11. i will surely put her on lly list as i really like raurencio body sculpt!

12. Hopefully the head sculpts will become available in the future as the male sculpts have. So many dollies and not enough money.... I hope whoever bought Stella will post her on the Forum. ^^

13. Stella is perfect, so very perfect for a character that I dearly want to have in doll form!
      I may have to sell off the girl who I was trying to turn into this character to get her :D

14. Akudem: Stella is quite beautiful as are the other new Raurencio Ladies. I'm hoping someone will post some pics on the Forum soon.... What type of character do you have in mind for her if you don't mind me asking?

15. Yes to see some owner pics of her would be fabulous!
      She'd be my lone rogue; a warrior woman who relies on herself, isn't keen on others and prefers to spend her time in the outdoors ^_^. Stella, in my eyes, looks almost exactly how I pictured her; she looks so vivacious and strong. Even the wig is what her hair would be like xD! Although her eyes would be blue...

16. Stella strikes me as a strong personality too. I don't have a place for her in my story and I still have so many other places to fill but I'll be watching this thread for owner pics all the same.

17. Aww Im totally the same, she is so fascinating, but I also dont have a chara in my story for her.
      But she is still definitelly on top of my wishlist!