1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic Infant for 1/3 Dolls?

Jan 21, 2019

1. So this question has been asked before, but the most recent answers were from 2011, and those dolls are no longer available, and I'm having no luck looking second-hand. Do any companies currently make a realistic newborn/ infant bjd in scale with 1/3 Dolls? I have a character who has a baby and I would love a poseable, at least semi-lifelike infant for her. Is there not much demand for these? It seems like many companies have sections called "infant" or "baby" but they really just mean small. What do you think? Thanks in advance!

2. Might be no good but I know Dream Valley have some babies
      1/12 Doll : Alice's Collections
      It says they are 1/12 (12cm) -
      I'm not sure how they would compare to an SD though.

3. Oh wow those are absolutely gorgeous! Maybe a little bigger than I was picturing but I think it would work. And they're a good price, too! Thank you!!!

4. No problem, glad I could help! I hope they do work for you! :)

5. [36.5° ][18cm] Ondo
      I saw these ones on KoreaDolls' website. It says they are about 18cm, but they are not super articulated.

6. Are there any infants that have less of a newborn look? More around, say, 8 months? I want a baby that's chubby and alert but looks ages away from preschooler age.

7. Have you looked at Volks' Tenshis?

The ReiTenshi size might be a little too small for an older infant, but the SeiTenshi are a bit larger. They're not at all "realistic" sculpts, but they do make pretty good to-scale babies for 1/3-sized dolls.(My own ReiTenshi, Firefly, has SD13/SDGr-sized parents. XD)

The one real complication is that Volks doesn't sell them... They're usually given out as event door-prizes... So, if you want one you'll have to look to the second-hand market, and they tend not to be inexpensive things for their size.

8. SeiTenshi have the kind of proportions I'm trying to avoid, tbh. I'm looking for chunky, realistic-ish bodies, so they look less pixie like and more babylike.

Honestly, I love the newborns, too, and I had a DZ Christmas baby that I ended up rehoming, but now regret. Pukifee also didn't work for baby because of pixie scale.
      Honestly, I'm surprised there aren't more chubby babies and infants, with as popular as making families is in the hobby.

9. Happy Choo?

Nikki Britts 6" Ellemeno?

My Meadow Twinkles?

10. I agree twinkles would work, they are 6 inches!