1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons for Doll Sexuality

Jan 14, 2010

1. I was thinking last night and this question popped up in my head, and then it grew while I sat in Creative Writing. I hope this is allowed here, as I have seen similar threads locked for being about the characters instead of the dolls. Anyway, here are the questions I wish to ask, I cross my fingers it is allowed. It may belong in Doll Memes but I wasn't sure if the questions were what Memes is for. I also apologize if I offend anyone, it is not my intention.

For those with Gay dolls
      -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her?
      -What draws you to wanting gay dolls?
      -Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not to they accept it or have you just not told them?
      -Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay or do you choose all on your own?
      -Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely dependent?
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with?
      -Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs?
      -Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with?
      -Is your doll gay simply because you are and straight just doesn't appeal to you?

For those with straight dolls
      -Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought him/her?
      -Did you choose for them to be straight or did they demand or ask to be so?
      -Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family?

-Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with?
      -Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt?
      -Is your doll obviously straight or does thier style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.)

For those with undecided or bi dolls
      -Was your doll at first intended to be either gay or straight and neither seemed to fit or were they always going to be bi?
      -Do you feel your doll expresses thing in yourself or is his/her sexuality independent?
      -Does your doll cause conflict with friends and family?
      -Do you ever say your doll is either straight or gay to please someone else or to avoid drama?
      -Is your doll bi even though it is against your beliefs?
      -
      Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner to hook up with?
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well?
      (sorry if that was worded funny...:sweat)

For those whose dolls have no sexuality
      -Why did you choose to not give them a sexual preference?
      -Does your doll have no sexual preference because they just dont, as is the case with some people, or is it your choice?
      -Would it make you feel weird giving your doll a sexuality, since it's just a doll or is there another reason?
      -Does your doll have no sexuality because you don't want to give friends and families the wrong impression?
      -Does your doll have no sexuality because you live in a house with young children or are young yourself?
      -Is your doll asexual due to your religious beliefs of any kind?

Thanks guys, and again I stress that this WAS NOT MEANT TO INSULT OR UPSET ANYONE! If you do have a problem PLEASE pm me so I can fix the situation.

And the obligatory request: Dear Mods, if there has already been a thread like this I offer up my sincerest apologies but feel no need to give you permission to deleat it, if it must be done it must be done, and since it is your job to do so I shant degrade you by telling you what you already know. Also if this belongs in another forum I am open to moving.

Thanks everyone! Have a cupcake! :pcupcake

2. -Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought him/her?
      Yep.

Chose, they are based on characters from a story I've been working on.

-Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family?
      Nope. I'd have a doll of any sexual preference, as long as it was fitting for the character.

-Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with?
      When I first started this hobby every doll always had to have a partner, but lately, I don't feel pressured to do so. The two dolls I have now are single and will probably remain so for a long time.

-Are there any sculps that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt?
      Regardless.

-Is your doll obviously straight or does thier style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.)
      Obvious I suppose, although one never really could tell. They're both female and wear dresses.

3. I will answer my own question because I want to.

I wasn't sure if he would have a sexuality, but I knew he would be straight if he did. He ended up being straight though, he likes the girls alot.
      He very firmly demanded to be so.
      My beliefs. I am LDS. I have nothing against gay people and would never think to insult or tell anyone they are wrong, that's their choice, but I do not feel comfortable with turning a toy into something I do not believe in. I doubt I would ever have a gay doll.
      Um... Not really. I think Buying a doll to have a relationship is kinda funky, can't really explain why, and to have a relationship with another person's doll is essentially having a relationship with the owner, which is not cool for me. Sure if my boyfriend got a doll I might be up for it, or my best friend, but not someone I didn't know very well and DEFINITELY not a family member.
      -Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt?
      I don't know, that's why I asked.
      -Is your doll obviously straight or does their style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.)
      Sometimes he looks macho and other times he looks pretty girly, but I don't really mind. He isn't gay and that's what matters. I doubt he'd be happy if I put him in ruffles but I think it would still look good. Currently he has a button with a girl BJD on it from Dollmore to express his straightness. He loves it, says she's really pretty.

4. -Why did you choose to not give them a sexual preference?
      I didn't choose, he seems too mentally young for such things. I look at him and I cannot see, feel or hear anything from him to show that he has a sexuality. And when there is a pretty girl or boy on the screen, he never seems interested. But he always looks up when baby animals are being shown. He loves animals. <3

-Does your doll have no sexual preference because they just don't, as is the case with some people, or is it your choice?
      He simply is a boy who cares not for having someone to snog. Maybe cuddle, but that is a different story.

-Would it make you feel weird giving your doll a sexuality, since it's just a doll or is there another reason?
      Only if I chose their sexuality, instead of letting them figure that out on their own. I was expecting Josifer to be a wise guy, but he is far from that, and I did not expect it. :lol:

-Does your doll have no sexuality because you don't want to give friends and families the wrong impression?
      No, it's just who he is. :P

-Does your doll have no sexuality because you live in a house with young children or are young yourself?
      Pffft, no. :XD:

No. I have nothing against one's gender preferences. so long as they're married, I'm cool with it all...

5. -Was your doll at first intended to be either gay or straight and neither seemed to fit or were they always going to be bi?
      Not exactly. A huge part of deciding Mikah's character was picking the race I wanted him to be. I've developed more than 70 different races, of whom some are considered bisexual- however, it's not the same bisexual as in real life (that'd be boring XD) since it's my imagination, I decided that bisexual would mean "having characteristics of both sexes and therefore able to 'mate' for lack of a better term- with either." Thus, I picked Agravins as Mikah's race, (I just thought he looked like an Agravin- in the face somewhere.) And Agravins are... generally quite odd, though not specifically bisexual... this is complicated- Mikah sort of chooses to be bisexual (again- my imagination.) because that's just how he is. (please see my LJ for details.) As for Morghan, I chose Jinii as his race, (although that's subject to change) and Jinii are bisexual in my terms.

-Do you feel your doll expresses thing in yourself or is his/her sexuality independent?
      Of course some part of what you develop into any good character is going to be something of yourself. I tend to steer away from outright Homosexuality (it's not something I feel I could really do justice so I don't try.) I do however, occasionally dabble in gender roles and definitions, more out of a sense of curiosity than anything, and because the imagination is in my opinion the absolute best place to do things like that.

Do you mean in real life? Definitely no- no one in my family or friends actually knows that Mikah is bisexual- my dolls are intensely personal for me, as is the world I created for them- my family doesn't even know about that either in any detail, and neither doll nor imaginary worlds are things that I discuss with my friends.

-Do you ever say your doll is either straight or gay to please someone else or to avoid drama?
      Again, I don't even discuss my dolls with anyone except my mum- and strangely, the good people of DoA...

Not exactly once again. Personally, I'm absolutely certain that I'm straight, and while in real life I don't have anything against being gay or bisexual, it's just not something I even particularly want to know about people- I tend to think that everyone's sexuality is their own private business. However, my dolls allow me to express things in my own terms, and one of those things has to do with alternate sexualities. In my world, it's physical (ie, only the body is bisexual), and that's it. So I think it's a bit separate from what I believe about real people.

-Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner to hook up with?
      Yeah, I thought about it, but it wouldn't really matter if I bought a doll as their significant other or not, I might change my mind down the line and that would be it.

-Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well? (sorry if that was worded funny...:sweat)
      Hmm, not exactly sure if this is what your asking, but both my boys now and future bi characters will all have significant others of the opposite sex. Sorry if that's not terribly progressive, but it's all I can do. So yeah, I think they'll eventually have someone, but it may or may not be for a long while.

6. Hua...3 for me cos my dolls don't all have the same sexuality.

Yes
      One of them I chose and one demanded to be so
      Nope! It just suits their personality. One of them is straight partially because of her own beliefs.
      No, not really.
      I don't think so. You can't tell a person's sexuality by looking at them so why should it be different for dolls.
      I guess they have fairy "straight" style.

-Was your doll at first intended to be either gay or straight and neither seemed to fit or were they always going to be bi?
      Nope, she has always been bi.
      I'm bi too but I don't need for a doll to express my sexuality, I can do that myself.
      Not in the slightest.
      Never, never would either.
      No.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner to hook up with?
      Not a need, but I wouldn't mind it. I don't think I'll buy her a partner though.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well? (sorry if that was worded funny...)
      Again, not a need. She wouldn't mind it though.

One of them because she's a child and the other because...she's an imp and it doesn't really suit her to be relationship-minded.
      -Does your doll have no sexual preference because they just dont, as is the case with some people, or is it your choice?
      My choice.
      No, I wouldn't with my other grown-up dolls.
      No
      I have no children but even if I did I would let those of my dolls who have sexualities keep theirs.
      Nope!

7. Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought him/her? Yes
      -Did you choose for them to be straight or did they demand or ask to be so? They felt straight to me, so they became a straight family. BF GF and Kids
      -Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family? I am open about all types of sexuality. Nothing shocks me, i am a glamour model myself, so i ahve seen it all. My dolls sexuality is a representation of my own family cirle, me my husband and my child/
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with? She asked me for a partner, and she pretty much chose him ^^
      -Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt? I choose an sculpt that i like, i dont think anything screams about being gay or straight, its the feeling of the character that you have in mind the one that tells you what they want to be.
      -Is your doll obviously straight or does thier style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.) Not really, i dress them in total punk and gothic attires, they make a weird family, gothic and punk sometimes requ8res some dull colouring, but even if my lil man was wearigna skirt, he will still be straight ^^

8. For those whose dolls have no sexuality
      I didn't choose to, I just didn't think about it.
      They just don't
      I don't think it's weird, it's part of the character.
      no
      neither
      no

extra comments: It wasn't a question of whether or not they are gay or straight or w/e. I just didn't think about it. For me, I think my dolls are an extension of myself. They are my friends but they are part of me as well. I never "gave" them a sexuality or thought about it simply because they are not sexual in that sense. I don't see them in the way.

9. -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her? As all of my dolls are based on pre-existing characters, yes, I knew that my gay dolls would be gay when I purchased them.

-What draws you to wanting gay dolls? For the gay men, I enjoy reading and writing gay erotica, and most of the characters I am drawn to reflect this. For my one gay girl, it's just the way we ended up developing the character. I am much less interested in femmeslash than I am boy's love/slash, however.

-Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not to they accept it or have you just not told them? Most of my family refers to them as my creepy gay dolls, so there is no controversy. They don't particularly care about what I do with my free time.

-Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay or do you choose all on your own? I think every sculpt is a blank slate. None are inherently more gay than another.

-Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely dependent? The only thing they reflect is my love of pretty boys doing other pretty boys. I am not my dolls, my dolls are not me.

-Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with? Since my dolls all have extensive backstories that existed long before the dolls, their relationships were already mapped out. For the most part, I do like to collect in pairs. One doll's husband is owned by one of my best friends. We both write within the world we have created around the characters.

-Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs? Nope, my dolls are always what I make them. And I have no issues with homosexuality and support the gay rights movement.

-Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with? Nope.

-Is your doll gay simply because you are and straight just doesn't appeal to you? I will admit that I find most heterosexual relationships less interesting because I generally find most female characters uninteresting.

And since I have both....

-Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought him/her? Yes, I did.

-Did you choose for them to be straight or did they demand or ask to be so? Again, my dolls are all pre-planned to be specific characters who have already been extensively written by myself.

-Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family? No. She is straight because that is how we decided to write her.

-Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with? Someday, I may buy Layla's husband, if I ever find a sculpt who suits him.

-Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt? No sculpt is inherently more or less straight or gay than any other sculpt.

-Is your doll obviously straight or does their style suggest otherwise? Layla dresses and looks like a man, and is married to an extremely beautiful, effeminate man. They are both very enthusiastic about their heterosexual sex life, though Layla probably has a more fluid sexuality since she doesn't care much for labels.

I also own a bisexual doll, and my answers to all of the repeated questions remain the same.

-Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well? Lelouch is bisexual, however, I am uninterested in owning dolls of the female characters I could pair him with.

10. First of all, hooray for Deep Thoughts in Creative Writing. I do the same thing. :]

Yep, since he's a representation of a character of mine.

I chose, since characters don't have any say in how they're created (unless they're nearly complete, and certain things only make sense a certain way, which can certainly happen after a certain point in development).

I used to be more closed-minded about it, but I really don't care now. People are people, no matter what. I have gay friends and bi friends, and it's all good. My character, however, is straight because he was originally a dude character who was put into a roleplay for the girl characters who already existed, so it was kind of a given that he would be straight.

I already ship him hard with one of the chicks he was originally roleplayed with, so the only partner I would buy for him/see him with would be a representation of her.

-Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless of sculpt?

N/A, since all my dolls will represent pre-existing characters of mine.

-Is your doll obviously straight or does their style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.)

Pretty obviously, but so good-looking that my gay/bi characters could easily fall for him, hurrdeehurr.

11. Well, really, all my dolls seem to be fairly asexual in that I don't really have a specific sexuality written out for them, but I guess the teenage dolls are straight. I guess it's because I kind of base each doll's "personality" on an aspect of my personality, and because I'm heterosexual, it'd be a little more of stretch for me to be able to make them based on my personality. I could possibly see myself having a bisexual doll one day because that's a little closer to my own sexuality, but as of now, I have one guy and one girl and I guess it just makes more sense for them to be each other's love interests, though, like I said, their sexuality is really not important at this time. They don't have any sort of romantic scenes played out and I don't have a story started for them really. Their characters aren't elaborate enough for it to matter just yet and I guess there's always the chance that they could end up as gay/bi, but I don't see it happening. As for the others, well, one is 12 and her sexuality definitely doesn't matter just yet (and yes, I know kids even younger than that can recognize their sexual preference, but this 12 year old doesn't) and the others are anthros and they won't have sexualities. Also, my dolls all tend to dress to their tradiitional gender, that is, the girl wears dresses and feminine clothes and the boy wears pants and masculine clothes. I have nothing again dressing to the other gender, but my dolls don't do it. And my anthros are always naked.

Wow. That was really rambling.

tldr; Their sexuality doesn't really matter, so I don't really have one specifically picked out for anyone, but they lean toward heterosexual if anything. They also dress to the traditional ideas of gender.

I'll go ahead and do the little organized list too, easier to read.
      Yes, I suppose, but it doesn't really matter. They lean more toward asexual, I guess.
      Read the above, it just wasn't an issue. Plus, their characters aren't strongly written enough to demand much of anything.

Nope. No one around me would care if I had a super-gay doll.
      Well, I did buy another doll of the opposite gender because I didn't want him to be "lonely" so I guess that kind of defined his sexuality as much I intend to. But they don't hook up or end up in any romantic positions, they're more just compliments of each other.
      I don't think any sculpt demands to be straight. Any sculpt from any company can be any sexuality.
      My dolls all dress to traditional gender ideas. Not because of sexuality but just because I like a boy who dresses like a boy and a girl who dresses like a girl. I have nothing against gender-bending when it comes to clothing, but it's not something my dolls are likely to do.

12. I won't pick a set of questions, since the answers could be different for each doll.

Right now I only have girl dolls, and until I get some boy dolls, it will be hard for me to tell which ones look good as a couple with a guy, or girl, or no one. Some of them are also supposed to be kids, which to me means that they might not know their sexuality yet, as far as a character might go.

13. For those with Gay dolls
      -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her? yes
      -What draws you to wanting gay dolls? my dolls are shells for characters, so if the character is gay the doll is going to be gay.
      -Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not to they accept it or have you just not told them? I haven't really discussed it with my parents. I'm an adult and we don't talk much about that sort of thing. I'm pretty sure they know Killian and Aric are gay cause I was so excited to have Killian home for Aric. It definitely isn't a problem between my husband and myself.
      -Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay or do you choose all on your own? we joke about that sort of thing alot at home but I choose molds that fit my characters so it has little to do with the mold being "gay".
      -Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely dependent? All of my characters have a little bit of me I think. Though I don't know that the sexuality has anything to do with it. More like personality traits.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with? this is another of the, the dolls are characters, questions for me. If the character has a partner and I want to own that character in doll form as well (and typically I do) then I buy one. Since my dolls are all based off of original characters it is hard for me to just choose some random doll within the community. The exception is the relationship my doll Kisten has with my friend's doll Kyle. Not sure how that happened but they seem happy. I hope things work out when his actual boyfriend comes home.
      -Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs? no
      -Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with? my in-laws maybe?
      -Is your doll gay simply because you are and straight just doesn't appeal to you? no

-Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought him/her? Ha ha I get to answer both sets of questions. Yes I knew Noble was straight long before I ordered him.
      -Did you choose for them to be straight or did they demand or ask to be so? He is the shell for a character who is straight.
      -Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family? Nope, while my parents have issues with homosexuality I do not. Most of my personal beliefs are very different from those of my family.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with? Same as with the gay dolls, Noble does have a female partner. In his case however his partner will never exist in doll form. I purchased her once but it turns out I really don't like girl dolls. I feel bad about it, really I do, but I can't own a female doll. I don't even particularly like writing female characters. Which may be the real reason most of my characters (and in turn most of my dolls) are gay.
      -Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt? I don't think so, not really.
      -Is your doll obviously straight or does thier style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.) I would say he is obviously straight, however if my hubby gets a hold of him he frequently winds up in compromising positions with a certain other male doll which would bring up alot of questions.

14. I have to answer most of these, because I have dolls/characters in the first three categories. I will note that the actual physical dolls don't have any sort of orientation, because they're dolls. It's the characters that do.

Edited for updated info:

For those with Gay dolls
      -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her? No, for the first one. That didn't happen until I was fleshing out his character and it just kind of...happened. He (the character) has known he was gay since he was seven years old. It was news to me, but not to him, as weird as that might sound.
      For the second, yeah, though it came after everything else about him. It was sort of 'He's some variety of oni (haven't figured out quite what yet, though), kind of a hipster, loves piercings and tattoos, is a techhead and complete Macolyte who always has to have THE next-gen bit of technology, (insert other bits of his character here) and, oh, yeah, likes men.' In both cases it wasn't something I really thougth about as the most important thing about either of them, honestly, like the fact that my straight ones are straight isn't the most important thing about *them*.
      The same thing that draws me to wanting straight or bi dolls. It's not just for the sake of variety or the novelty of having a gay doll/character. They just are who they are as much as any of the others are.
      -Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not to they accept it or have you just not told them? Nope. My family is awesome and, to be honest, don't really *care* about what I do with my dolls.
      -Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay or do you choose all on your own? I choose, mostly, though sometimes chracters just work out a certain way. The dolls can't think for themselves and really, it's less about the doll itself than the character.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with? Eh, not really. I did have one bisexual and one omnisexual boy who each had a boyfriend at one point, but I don't feel the absolute need for any of my dolls to have a boy/girlfriend.
      -Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs?No. While I can't quite understand why most people who find homo-, bi- or other non hetero- sexual orientations/identities wrong would create a character with one of those orientations/identities, I can easily see how an owner could create a character with other traits that do not necessarily reflect other beliefs/morals they ascribe to. For example, I have vampires, demons and an elf who are/were all quite happy to go out murdering/raping/torturing people. Needless to say, I do not condone any of those things, but that's just who they are, or used to be. Most of them are reformed or, more like, being forced to behave themselves now. It's interesting for me to look at who they were and how that compares to who they are now that they can't do some of the thigns they used to do, among other things.
      (I think this particular bit comes from being completely unable to grok how something that is deeply personal can possibly be a moral/belief issue. Or how most people who think that being gay/bi is ickygrosswrong could write/think about someone who is gay or bi as a reasonably realistic person and not some horrible caricature.)
      -Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with?Yeah. Some of the people in my neighbourhood. I don't talk about my dolls to many people because I'm already pretty much 'that weird goth/punk/freak girl'. I don't also want to be 'that weird goth/punk/freak girl with the faggy dolls ' (apologies, but that's honestly what some of the idiots here would say. Intelligent they are not.) to certain people as well.
      -Is your doll gay simply because you are and straight just doesn't appeal to you?
      Nope.

Not in all cases. It usually takes me some time to figure out who a doll is going to be.
      Er...a little of both? Most of the dolls/characters are straight, or at least straight-ish. (Mostly attracted to the opposite sex, though they might occasionally show mild interest in someone of the same sex, but do not consider themselves bisexual.)
      -Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family? Nope, I have no problem with anyone of any sexuality, nor does my family, so that has never been an issue.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with? Not really. I did get one of my guys a girlfriend, but none of the others really have partners. I think it's mostly because that's not the focus of the writing I do, and also because most of my crew aren't really the kind of guys to have a steady girl/boyfriend. (They're mostly demons, half demons or other supernatural creatures and tend to want to not be tied down.) And two of my guys just have the *worst* luck with women.
      -Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt? I choose regardless of sculpt. It's less the sculpts that demand to be straight than the *characters* those sculpts are shelling. That's not to say that any of them are homophobic; they'd probably just give an eyeroll and a "not my type, mate" to being hit on by a guy (mostly because they're used to it).
      -Is your doll obviously straight or does thier style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.) Honestly,I think that msot of my guys' styles suggest otherwise. Nearly all of them are goths or cybergoths, and fishnet, leather and PVC figure prominently in most of their outfits, as does heavy makeup and, in some cases, long hair (two of my boys have longer hair than my girls do). To someone who's not used to that more androgynous look, they might come off as gay (which is exactly the kind of assumption made about actual flesh and bone guys who dress the same way), but most of them most definitely are not. The androgyny is pretty much the point of that kind of fashion and has little to do with sexuality.

The bi ones were always going to be bi. The ones who actually identify as bi are mostly mythological creatures, though I do have one bisexual human character. (And no, the fact that they are mythological creatures is not *why* they're bi, they just happen to be both. I have straight mythological creatures and a gay oen as well.) And at least one of the non-straight, non-gay characters could actually be considered omnisexual, though honestly, I think a part of it is just opportunism, since he'll take whatever hole is available.
      Yeah, I think so. It's a bit silly to say that they don't, honestly. I think they've all got bits of me...er...my personality in them.
      again, no.
      -Do you ever say your doll is either straight or gay to please someone else or to avoid drama? Nope.
      -Is your doll bi even though it is against your beliefs?See response to this question under the set about gay dolls.
      Nah, not really. again, the sex/romantic aspect of my characters isn't the most important thing to me, so I don't really care about that. The characters are more than who they're shagging.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well? (sorry if that was worded funny...) No. I see my bi dolls/characters as exactly like my straight and gay ones-if they're in a relationship,they're in that *one* relationship, unless otherwise agreed upon by both partners. (Which, as most of my crew are mostly creatures who are not and have never been or who no longer are human and, as such, do not hold the same sort of moral view that many humans do, is more likely than one might think.) One of my bi boys was very much faithful to his boyfriend, but that didn't negate the fact that he was still attracted to women, too; he just didn't act on that attraction. Bisexuality does not equal polyamory, except in cases where the people involved are both. At least one of my bi characters would never be in a poly relationship, while a couple of the straight ones would have no problem with it.

15. Answering generally for the dolls I've owned in the past, currently have, and those I am planning to buy

-Did you know your doll was going to be [whichever sexuality] when you bought him/her?
      Usually yes. I start planning my dolls' personality before receiving them. And if I can't figure it out then, then I never will. :sweat

-Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not to they accept it or have you just not told them?
      I don't really talk about my characters with my familly

-Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely dependent?
      If they're ace-spectrum, then it's me xD

-Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with?
      Depends on the doll. But it definitely wouldn't be with someone else's doll.

-Did any of your dolls end up being [different sexuality] even if it was not intended or against your beliefs?
      No. I've never changed one of my doll's orientation after it was decided.

-Is your doll obviously [whichever sexuality] or does thier style suggest otherwise?
      That's... Arguable. How does one look bisexual or asexual?

Nope. Never been asked but I wouldn't lie.

-Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well? (sorry if that was worded funny...)
      My characters are usually monogamous when they actually are in a relationship. No need to SHOW how non-monosexual they are IMO.

Some of my dolls don't really have a character attached to them (only basic guidelines like "grumpy and messy" to help with their customisation), so as a result they don't have a sexuality. Sometimes the character is in progress (for like 5 years *cough*)

16. -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her?
      Not for Oliver, really- I hadn't thought about it much.
      Jaden's always been gay, though.

It's not the fact that they're gay that makes me want them. However, the fact that they are gay as characters is due to how things happened to turn out. In Oliver's case, it wasn't exactly planned, and it just worked out that way, but in Jaden's case, he was gay from the start. The fact that Jaden's gay is a major part of the plot of his story, but Oliver... not so much.

Not really. They think it's weird, for the most part, but they don't really care.
      Apparently they look too much like girls for them to be straight, my family's decided. xD

-Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay or do you choose all on your own?
      Like I said, the sculpt has nothing to do with it. Its the character.
      I do think, though, that sometimes it would affect sexual orientation.

I don't think so. Maybe they reflect that I'm not homophobic? xD

There isn't a need, really. For Oliver, it just sorta happened that he got a boyfriend.
      Jaden's entire story revolves around his relationship with his roommate/boyfriend, and how it changes and stuff over time and with different evens. I hope to purchase him later this year.

-Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs?
      Oliver was supposed to have absolutely not sexual preference, and not be in a relationship.
      If just sorta happened.

-Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with?
      My strongly religious grandparents who still think they're girls.
      Despite the fact I've repeatedly told them otherwise. xD

Nope! I'm straight, and I could care less if one of them ended up having a girlfriend instead of a boyfriend. It's all just how it worked out.
      And the fact that they like other boys has nothing to do with the fact that I like guys. xD

17. I have many kinds of dolls as there are humans and even more. Whatever they become is mostly from my want of having the most different dolls from each other.... so its normal to have Hetero/Homo/Bi-sexuals.

For those with Gay dolls

Yes and no. At fist I did not want him to be as I already had a doll in mind that would make the perfect homosexual.... but then it was just impossible to make him straight! So I went with it =P
      Look above.
      I did not tell them as they are not really open minded enough for it. But they do find it weird that he his a guy and I dress or make him look like a girl. Next time I wont tell them its a guy xD
      My sister finds it normal though....
      Its my own choice.... I made him a guy instead of a girl so it was my choice from the beggining even if I was not sure he would be.
      Independent. While they all have something from me, its habitually only my imagination xD

For this particular one, I want to get him a boyfriend as he really looks lonely and I do not really like to have to explain every time that he his gay, I just want to have another one and show them together. And it may end up being my only "real" couple, I just need to find "the" one.
      I think I said that above. But to go deeper into it, I did not want him to be gay as "everyone" as a gay doll and I really did not want to be categorized as the "First-doll-is-gay" group... and becasue I already had one in mind, I did not need 2 xP
      My mom ? xD
      Family... and everyone else except you guys XD

Read above ?

Sadly I only have Gay, children and in between dolls.... or those who I did not receive any input on which way they swung =P

Most my dolls will be bi as that is how I see how the world should be. Or at least the little world in my head where all the characters for the dolls come from ;3
      Independent.
      I will not make the same mistake as I made before, I wont tell =P
      I just dont say anything, so they may think whatever they want =3
      Not really..... I would like to do it but I just dont know what he would like D=
      How do you please someone who likes both ??
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well? (sorry if that was worded funny...:sweat)
      Same as above XD
      I do have a guy in mind (I just cant seem to finally buy him!!) and he his bi, likes girls and is quite the flirter but he is in couple with a guy =P

Because they are children and I just dont want to give them a preference.
      Both ? Depends on the dolls....
      I do feel weird giving them a sexuality, but some things just work better that way =3
      Nah.
      Nah....
      No....In all it depends on the dolls and while its me who decides, it his also from how I see the doll and not only my belief/family or anything else.

18. I love yaoi so .... ;)
      Well, kind of. Not so much the first one, but then I wanted a "friend" for him, so it was pretty obvious the second was going to be gay.
      I like yaoi. It's much more interesting than "straight stuff" because you see that every day, on TV, real life, it gets old. So, yaoi is new-ish. Too bad if it's overdone. I like it. 'Nuff said.
      Haha, I haven't told them. They'd be more interested in why dolls have sexual preferences in the first place ...
      Tend to demand to be gay? Naaaah, it's all personal preference.
      Unless they reflect my love of yaoi ....
      Haha, I buy them friends, but the two I have don't seem to like each other that way, so I'm wanting another "friend" for Henry ;)
      It's not against my beliefs, and, well, it was probably intended.
      Well, my parents ... but it must be fishy that I don't have girl dolls and these two are always cuddling. I don't really care what anyone thinks. People who know me know ...
      Straight doesn't appeal to me, but I think I myself am straight. ;)

19. For those with Gay dolls
      -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her? yes
      -What draws you to wanting gay dolls? For this doll it was because his twin brother was straight so I thought it would be fun to have them kinda opposites. It makes for some entertaining stories.
      -Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family?If not to they accept it or have you just not told them? Some what, but my family is fairly cool about it and just kinda look the other way most of the time.
      -Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay or do you choose all on your own? It's the character itself that chooses.
      -Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely independent? independent.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with? Not so much a partner, but a friend so they're not lonely when I'm away (I'm a huge dork I know) Though the do seem to end up being paired off this way.
      -Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs? Nope, The only one that's completely gay was the one I intended.
      -Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with? Nope.
      -Is your doll gay simply because you are and straight just doesn't appeal to you? No.

-Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought him/her? Yes
      -Did you choose for them to be straight or did they demand or ask to be so? They demanded.
      -Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family? No
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with? No just a friend to hang out with.
      -Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt? I choose going by the character.
      -Is your doll obviously straight or does thier style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.) He's pretty obviouslly straight. He makes a point of this.

For those with undecided or bi dolls-
      Was your doll at first intended to be either gay or straight and neither seemed to fit or were they always going to be bi? The one boy was intended to be straight until boy #2 came along. Most of my boys seem to not care which gender they grope >.>
      -Do you feel your doll expresses thing in yourself or is his/her sexuality independent? Independent.
      -Does your doll cause conflict with friends and family? Not really.
      -Do you ever say your doll is either straight or gay to please someone else or to avoid drama? Nope.
      -Is your doll bi even though it is against your beliefs? Nope.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner to hook up with? Name with the above, I buy them a friend to hang out with, it just happened that they sort of paired off.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well? In the cases of the monogamous ones they just have boyfriends. Since well I don't plan to ever own any females. In the case of the others they have boyfriends but occasionally get to play with a couple girls if another owner allows :3 Most of my boys don't seem to care which gender they date it just happens that they're with boys at the moment.

20. For those with straight dolls
      -Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought him/her? Yes, all my dolls are straight.
      -Did you choose for them to be straight or did they demand or ask to be so? I chose them to be straight.
      -Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family? Pretty much, I prefer hetero or girl/girl couples. I dislike boy/boy couples. I don't mind girl couples though, it's so rare that I find it really interesting.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with? I do like them to have a partner, I think it makes for nice photos :)
      -Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt? I always prefer the male dolls to be straight. The girl's I dont mind either way.
      -Is your doll obviously straight or does thier style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.) Some of my boys can look a little feminine but they are 100% straight.