1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Nov 7, 2020

1. .

#1 Gintsumi, Nov 7, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
    2. I kind of did this awhile back with my first doll, Amir. Since he’s 1/4 and I now only collect 1/3 and 70cm, I had ‘retired’ him to his box in the closet. I had sold off all of his things so he was naked and bald. After a few years in the closet, I decided to get him back out, buy him a new wig and eyes and a new outfit and give him a new faceup. While it wasn’t the same as unboxing a new doll, it did revive my feelings for him.

3. Unboxing a doll or even an item is always so exciting ! The progressive reveal, the discovery of what it looks like in real life, that's pure joy ! I never thought about reboxing my dolls, but I think it's an interesting idea, especially when I get tired of seeing them everyday on my desk... I should definitely try this out

4. Some of my dolls have moved into a room that really needs to be repainted.
      I just set them up in a scene to enjoy for a bit but then I am thinking of getting their boxes out & packing them away until after the room is repainted, & after my dd & the grandcats have come to visit for the winter holidays. Then, when the late winter blahs strike I'll have dolls to unpack & set up again. Yep. Almost like a new doll event to look forward to. :)

5. .

#5 Gintsumi, Nov 10, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
    6. This sounds really nice. A really cool idea especially when a bit down about some dolls or if you're uncertain wheter you should sell a particular doll. If opening the box again sparks joy or just neutral, then there is your answer. I should go and try this

7. To be honest, every time we moved and we were unpacking things, sometimes we rediscovered some stuff we had bought for our dolls years ago or gifts that were given to us from our friends for our dolls that we had never opened because we didn't have space for them at the time. Every time that happened, it definitely rekindled the hobby again. It also happened when we didn't have space or were afraid the dolls would get damage so we would keep the majority of our collection in their boxes until we had a permanent residence. Now that we have a permanent residence, I still get a surprise here and there as we haven't fully unpacked even after all this time. But yes, definitely that feeling from the first unboxing happens again, especially if we had repackaged them the way they were back when they were mint in box.

I think I like your idea of reboxing some of the items and opening them up at a different time. Since the holidays are coming up, you can do like a non-specific holiday calendar where you open a box each day leading up to the final day or a time capsule like you mentioned where have something to look forward to in the future. Something I did years ago with a best friend was throw a birthday/tea party for one of the dolls. Literally, most of the gifts were recycled gifts or items the doll already wore/used, but it was fun pretending having the dolls give the birthday doll their "gifts" with some new things thrown in.