1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Removing MNF Headcap

Jul 18, 2007

1. Ok, I'm a first time owner, so forgive me if this has a rather simple answer:sweat .

I've wanting to change the eye position of my MNF, but have realized I have absolutely no idea of how to take off the headcap :doh , I dont even know what to expect.

Is it the magnetic type, or the ones that are tied with the S-hook?

Can anyone please explain to me the procedure to take it off and put it on again? He just looks so fragile, I'm afraid of breaking him, so some help on this would be greatly appreciated :lol:

2. it'll be the snap variety, so just pull ;) I have a mnf shiwoo too, congrats on your new one :)

3. My minifee el and shushu just pull off also :)

4. Depends on which kind you have really, my mnf chiwoo has a twist off head cap. so try just pulling it straight off to see if you have the magnetic. If that doesn't work, then try twisting it to the left and then pull off if you have the twist.

5. do they just pull off? are they tight the first time?

I'm trying it but it seems a bit tight.. or maybe I'm just afraid to pull too much?

6. don't worry,
      i get of my mnf's head caps all the time..to remove they're heads with the one touch system to dress them without endangering the faceup.

I have heard the Shiwoo head cap is a bit tight,
      but just pull it.. you will be fine ;3
      gl with the struggle of positioning the eyes :B
      (look out...glass eyes can be sharp sometimes)

7. sorry for so many questions, I'm just a bit nervous and freaked by this.

So do you pull up, down, to a side or do I try to get it straight out?

PS: He's not making it easy either... he keeps on kicking @-@;;

8. Uhm.. Well i just pull back.
      After a while you get the hang of it.
      On my lishe i grip on the whole upper cap and pull..
      and on my shushu i actaully press the back of the cap while supporting the front and it just sort pop/slides off. ^_^
      But my shushu's head cap is roomyer then my Lishe's

9. OMFG! Congrats on your MnF Shiwoo! They're a blast to have! :XD:

As for the head cap, I had the same question when I first got him. All you gotta do is grab it and pull up a little and it should come right off. =^w^=

10. OMG! Yay, I did it, trying with the Lishe method worked, thank you very very much!!!

Thanks everyone for the help!! :)

11. ... uhm, is the putty inside reusable?:sweat

12. Ayup. But if it's the same stuff I had (gooey white stuff) don't use it with Acrylic eyes. It wrecks them. XP (Has learned from experience)

13. all right!! thank you, I will keep that in mind :)

14. Good luck! b =^w^= d

15. tip for eyeholding:
      Kneed able eraser.
      I disliked the Luts eyeputty because it started to crumble after a while.
      (making my whole girl dirty..even her neck o_o")