1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Resale Overprice (foreal)

Jul 14, 2009

?
  1. Yes. I have done this before

2. Yes. I have not done this before

3. No. I have done this before

4. No. I have not dont this before

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. If you do not want to pay the price then do not buy it. It is a luxury item and you will not die if you do not have that doll. It may suck but it is an unfortunate reality. People will sell things at ultra high prices if they want to and they have every right to.

2. I think it's okay to overprice a doll re-sale that is if you had it modded or upgrade the face-up and is Limited edition in the first place. I'd say why not? Its just like selling an old house that has been upgraded.

3. If it is limited of course, that's how it works. The thing has gone up in value and is unavailable elsewhere; why shouldn't the seller jack the price up somewhat? Someone will definitely pay it! This is hardly exclusive to the doll hobby.

Perhaps if it has a face-up or modding by a notable artist then that may also be be cause to up the price though I have seen regular dolls with rubbish mods or paintwork having their price jacked up because they're "unique." :/

4. It's your doll, you can do whatever you want with it. But I've already run into this... There's a doll I juuuuuust missed buying, and I saw someone who bought it, took a few pictures, and immediately posted it on ebay for over double the price of purchase literally the day they got it. It feels slimy, and made me feel a little frustrated, but it's definitely not my place to say what they can or can't do with their doll.

5. I get irritated when the doll is listed right after the person purchased it then they try to resell it for double the price. There hasnt even been a chance to judge the market yet but they are like "well its a kind-of limited doll so I will just sell it for 1500 when I bought it for 600.
      What reallllllly irritates me though is when I give someone a break, they say "oh I am so in love with this doll but would you be able to do 600 instead of 750?" in the past ive been like "well okay. because he is your dream doll and I can see he will be going to a good home." THEN only a few weeks/months later I find the same doll listed for over a hundred dollars more than I sold it to them! :evil: I understand "its theirs and they can do what they want" but really some people are just out to screw you over and make a buck on the marketplace.

6. for example if you auction an item on ebay. Place a BIN price in the amount of what you payed for the item originally. If someone buys it now then cool you have your money back. If the bidders rather bid then BIN they decided for themselves to pay.

As for the marketplace i believe you should only ask for what you payed. Otherwise in my opinion it makes you look like a "cheat"

7. Would I sell a doll for more than i paid for it?
      Heck to the yes! I would certainly do it. I have bought and sold many dolls for profit before and see nothing wrong with it. To determine the price, I would take the total aquisition cost, which includes shipping and any after market conditioning that goes into the doll, and add a 50% of the cost price as my profit margin amount. This is the formula that I have been using for years and based on being a decent speculator of what will increase in value.

I have even had buyers offer me more than I was asking because they were so happy to find the peice which completed their collection. i think as long as there is someone out there willing to pay for somehting they see as being valuable. then people will continut to sell dolls for whatever price they feel that they are worth. I doubt that, much like the housing bubble, the doll bubble will burst anytime soon.

8. Something that can seem overpriced to me, could be something someone is willing to pay. It's business. Exploiting how much someone wants something, and making profit. So to me, it's normal. Value means different things to different people.

9. A doll is only worth what someone will pay for it, and if someone is willing to shell out two grand for it, then I don't believe that the seller is a bad guy. The seller can sell their items for as much as they want, it's up to the buyer to decide if they want to buy it or not. Simple as that.

10. I agree with knightjeran - we all have free will.

11. When it comes to a doll you can still buy from the company, there's no reason for the BUYER to get the doll second-hand at the same or higher price, now is there? The company is a much safer 'seller'.
      When it comes to a limited, I guess double or triple the price is 'ok', but it kinda makes me think that the person who bought the doll and does sell it for double or triple, bought it only to make profit out of it =-=; It's normal to want to get the money you paid for back, but two or three times that, seems kinda selfish and greedy to me. That's just me though /hides

12. Well, it is a luxury item. It's pricy as it is and when a LE comes out it's obvious that some people will pay more. I don't want to argue about the exact amount. But it's the same with other expensive hobbies. The seller makes the price depending on the value. Sometimes the seller is just assuming an amount and nobody is willing to pay it. But maybe some seller gets the right costumers. That's just how it is.