1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Resinsoul 70cm Long discussion

Sep 1, 2008

1. got my Long yesterday ^_^
      well ive had the head for a while since i bought it secondhand from someone on doa....

i was really impressed by the body,
      its so much better than the official photos show.

boxopening:
      Milo

im buying a Lian in august, cant afford any more until then,

and im considering getting the 68cm body for a floating head i have,
      but wont decide until august

^_^

2. Eendogenisis, your Milo is very handsome. I want Lian too. As soon as I get done with the layaway for BBB Luna that I have going right now, I want to start one for Lian. Its amazing how you can find $20 a week if you really try, but unless I send it when I have it, I will spend it on something before a doll. So DDE layaway is the best thing ever for me to actually get more girls.

3. That's generally exactly what it seems to be; less to keep the strings breaking and more to keep the resin from damaging in this case since it's elastic, but still.. Probably also has to do with the sheer number of things that are getting strung; takes extra time to make things extra tight. I personally don't mind having to tighten things up a bit.

4. I fall in love with his body~~~

Do you guy think that DZ wing head in normal yelloe will match on this body??

5. RS NS is very pink compared with DZ normal yellow as far as I can remember, so I don't think it will match, unless you blush them to match. DZ pinky normal is closer to it, but RS NS is still more pink.

6. Thank you so much Latte

I have already order wing in normal yellow,so i guest that
      I have to find new body for him:...(

Do you have any idea if i really want to get this body what head should i use on this body. I am not really resin soul head. Do you think that SDF going to fine on this body?

7. I could swear that someone wanted a comparison of BBB60cm and RS70cm bodies/heights... but I can't find the post.
      Hope this doesn't disrupt the thread much. I hope it helps!
      Anyway. Here are some pictures. enjoy.

60cm Apollo and 70cm Feng: comparison

Please forgive Feng's highwaters. They're Apollo's pants. : )
      I tightened Feng's stringing, and have to get him better elastic, do some sueding and stuff. but so far, kicky as he is now, this is how he stood. and stayed!

I'm not keen on how he sits. it's kinda girly, with his knees together and all. This can be remedied by turning the circular er... slip joint? ... in his legs.
      Otherwise, I am quite pleased.

Sitting, from hip view
      [​IMG]

from slightly above
      [​IMG]

Standing. Feng is actually taller than what he appears here... why? see the next picture after this one....
      [​IMG]

he actually stood like this. ... is... is this physically possible? According to Feng, yes. yes it is.
      [​IMG]

Apollo stands ramrod straight.

Here is Feng's pretty boy puss.
      [​IMG]

8. *snerk* Perhaps it's because I posted it EVERYWHERE in a crazed frenzy of need of the info...

Any chance you could do a nude comparison of the two? I'm really considering this body for a character, but I'm a bit iffy on the size compared to my midget men...

(Lols, btw, it IS physically possible as I know a guy in my school who's like uber tall and his body is almost exactly like Long's... Except for the neck...:lol:)

9. haha! Yeah, I knew a guy too. We called him little john.

OK. Later today, when I am awake and don't have clients crawling all over me, I will certainly take those images for you. but for now...? CAFFEINE!!! ... zzzzzzzzzzzz

10. NOOOOOOOOODITEEEEEZ warning.

70 & 60 BBB/RS Size comparisons.

Feng 70cm
      Apollo 60cm

Feng is still strung with far too small elastic. He has a very hard time standing. His back pops backwards a lot.
      Apollo stood out of the box. If there's one thing Bobobie did right was make Apollo solid.

Feng's feet are dinky. I mean, Apollo's are 8.5, while Feng's are 7. What's up with that? : P

Anyway, here are ur noods. nice neutral background for you too. : )
      [​IMG]

Someone wanted to see the knees. Right now Feng can't kneel without keeling over.
      [​IMG]

to the side shot.
      [​IMG]

11. Restrung Stu tonight with 3.5mm elastic from Mint on Card. S hooks for SD were a no go. ) :

It was very difficult, and while he is tighter, he's not really posing much better. I think I may need to re-do it.

Does anyone have photos or a tut on S hooks in the Long hands? Many people say 'I put in S hooks and it's so much better' but for the life of me I can't find a photograph or a how to.
      It was all very frustrating.

12. I second the request!

13. Okay, she's only 68cm, but she is found in the 70cm section of the Resinsoul and Bobobie sites.

The finish and overall construction is great. She fits many of the Dollmore Model clothes, though it is hard to find underwear to fit her. She wears SD shoes. She cost about half of what a Model does.

She poses well, as she should, because her thigh joints are quite pronounced. However, her knee widgets don't work very well, no matter how you put them in. I have an experienced friend to help me, and she said that that was the problem with Chinese dolls, they often don't come together very well. However, that was the only problem.

She came assembled but I had to take her apart for transit. When putting her back together again. I was surprised to find that the limbs were interchangeable between the two sides of her body. Also, the thighs freely rotated in the thigh cups of her waist. I don't know whether they were meant to be glued, or were deliberately left that way for greater posability. I like the feature, but it is a little loose and might benefit from sueding or something like that.

Tall girls are hard to find, and you can't be nit-picky about aesthetics. In general, I really like her, although I think her head is slightly too small for her body, and her neck is a bit too long. I'm not crazy about her breasts. They are simply two halves of a cantaloupe, and big or small, with or without a bra, breasts don't look like that! At least she has nipples.

Bobobie offers one head for the doll, Chun, and Resindoll offers two. Dollmore Model heads are too small, I found to my dismay.

I haven't put face-up or body blust on her yet, but I'm sure that she will be beautiful. And at less than $300 (even when you include shipping), how can you lose?

14. Does anyone have a Chun yet to post pics?

15. With no faceup - more pictures to come.

[​IMG]

-- Ranma

16. I looooooooooove the mold he is gorgeous !!

17. thanks for the picture Ranma. I look forward to seeing her with a faceup.

18. Weee, my RS Feng should be here at the end of May!

I was actually wondering, I've seen RS NS compared to DZ Normal Yellow, but does anyone have a comparison with Normal Pink? What about Luts Realskin normal? I've got a head that may need to borrow his body, lol.

19. RS NS is more pink than DZ NP. I'm sorry I don't have picture references, but there's probably some in the picture request gallery for resin matches, even if you search for BBB NS vs DZ NP - since BBB NS is the same as RS NS.