1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Resinsoul 70cm Long discussion

Sep 1, 2008

1. Very seriously thinking about Long now, he's grown on me so much recently and he makes a ridiculously perfect bloodelf (those ears! *drools)

But, does he fit into the nine9 style 70cm clothes. Those are made for dollshes I think so I was wondering if Long is too skinny?
      Another thing is, in certain pictures the resinsoul/bobobie heads look a little too far back... sort of like their head is squashed flat, I think it's easiest to see on Charisma. Is this less in person, am I just exaggerating?

2. Is there a non-elvish version of Long? I have a character for whom Long would be perfect...too-tall, gangly body, angular face with a long stately nose. However, the ears...unless I make up a frankly unbelievable story that he has sidhe blood in his family they don't freaking work. If he had human ears...he'd be perfect.

I suppose I COULD try to sell his head and find him a new head.

EDIT: Feng. Feng. Feng is Long without the elf ears. Same everything including that delicious body. Yeah, he'd look like the son of Brits with family ties to minor nobility. And he's pretty much the same cost. He may be my first resin doll. Anyone got him?

3. Dollcumentary, if I'm not mistaken, Feng is the human version of Long. :)

4. I think they do have different faces. Feng has fuller lips and is a little more rounded--Long is very angular. They're similar, though. Some RS sculpts are very alike without being the same--my friend has Dai, and I have Dan, and after much comparing we decided that they ARE different... but probably modified versions of the same sculpt.

5. Does he have double joints? ooooooooooooooh! I want him!

6. I'm definitely going to get a long at some point, he's darling :3

7. Did you dye him yourself? The long I mean. Since I've only seen them available in light tan...

8. Feng is not the same as Long ^^ I have the Feng and he is nothing like the pictures of Long :)

9. Hello- I am hoping that you guys can answer a few questions. I am getting rs gang for christmas but I am considering getting him on the long body. I love gangs masculin face sculpt but I feel like his body is too slim- not lanky but that the shoulders are narrow. I know someone else that has done this and it is very easy and proportional. I do have a few questions about it though. Is longs body double jointed like gangs? Is it just the knees? do you guys who own both a 60cm and 70cm bod feel that the 70cm is beefier and has broader shoulders? Does his long neck annoy anybody and if so how easy was modding? thanks so much ^_^

10. Long has double jointing in just the knees, however, like he upper thighs, his upper arms are twist joined, so that the range of movement is nearly the same as, say, Apollo.

His shoulders aren't particularly broader. My Feng on the Long body can still wear shirts that my Apollo could wear. They are a little tight. Long can also fit in trousers that fit on my Apollo (they were loose on apollo, though) - but again, tight - and of course, too short for the additional length of the legs.

I haven't modded the neck, but I understand that using a volks ceramic scraper is best, as it shaves off the resin, and cannot cut you. Then you would sand it back to a smooth sheen with fine sandpaper/sanding sponges. Testors has these in hobby grade grits.

The 70cm body is... well, not exactly beefier. A good reference is here: http://bors.forumr.net/discussion-f...hoto-review-img-heavy-blurred-nudity-t123.htm and the Apollo 60cm is here: http://bors.forumr.net/discussion-f6/the-bobobie-60cm-male-body-with-apollo-head-t52.htm and RS 61cm body http://bors.forumr.net/box-opening-f10/new-rs-61cm-body-t136.htm

11. thank you ^_^ - I will probably leave the neck alone but I will remember the tips just in case and thanks for the joint explanaition. The links were great also....one last question- do you guys have a hard time dressing him? Like does normal SD stuff fit because I figured the pants would be far too short. Any tips on clothes please :)

12. I find that Diverse Designs here on DOA makes Dollshe Hound clothes that fit my 70cm very well - collars and cuffs.

13. I have Long in Lt. Tan and I love him to bits! I would love to have him in grey though!

14. Anyone have experience with how the Long head looks on the RS 60cm body? Is it too big? I've been looking at tons of pics, and reading throughout the forum and I'm pretty sure it's been brought up before now but I haven't had any luck finding the answer.

15. Hello,
      I've got a 60cm, and a 70 here, and while I haven't tried it, I can tell you by a side by side that while it might technically 'fit', you'd have a massive bobble head problem. The neck would fit simply because the neck rest in the head would be too large. You'd have a gap.
      I can PM you a side by side shot (because it is rather horrible and I'd rather not show it publicly. :P ) , if you'd like. It is on the old BBB body, though. Not the new one.

16. If you don't mind sending the pic I would greatly appreciate it. I'm trying to get a feel for how much bigger his head is in proportion to the 60cm. I have 63cm boy but he has a rather small head for a 60cm so I'm having a hard time visualizing it.

17. *coddles thread* I'm getting a RS Long soon and I'm SO EXCITED! ♥ I'm in the process of ordering him clothes so when he gets here he has something.

Have any of you ordered from Alice's Collections? Will the 70cm clothing fit him properly, does anyone know? And also - he's a size 8-9 wig, correct? ^^;

18. Has anyone put Long's head on Gang's body? I really dig Gang's body but want the elfish head of Long. I love his face. The neck measurement is right and Gang's head is a cm bigger even though he's the smaller doll. I'm thinking this would look okay, but has anyone seen it or have this combination? Gang's head looks too big for his body IMHO, maybe this would actually look better? Hmmm.

19. DoA member Moontouched has a doll, Link, who is a Long head on a Gang body. It looks pretty good. If you check the BBB/Resinsoul Larger Dolls discussion, there are a few pics of him there.

20. @JessiFlakes: I ordered a Suit for my NS Long from Alice's Collections and it fits great!
      [​IMG]