1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Resinsoul 70cm Long discussion

Sep 1, 2008

1. what beautiful dolls!
      To me it seems that Long's head is large (I have always thought Bobobbie's {resinsoul's} heads looked large)
      Is it just because he is so thin?
      How large is the head please?
      Thank you :)

2. His head is 21cm in diameter. I think it's because their bodies are pretty lanky or just generally fine that RS and BBB dolls tend to have biggish-looking heads.

3. I was looking at the face and with some slight mouth and ear mods (and jaw if you're picky) this guy would make a darn good Sephiroth o_o

~Ari

4. oooo Sephiroth! :D

Thanks Latte, that is very helpful ^_^

5. ¿Does anyone here on DoA is an owner of a Bobobie Long 70CM? I find him interesting and for the size he is pretty big. If anyone does please let me know your experience with him.

6. I would be interested in any Bobobie (Resinsoul) Long info as well ^_^

7. Also, be sure to take a look at the Resinsoul 70 cm thread. Lots of info about Long there.

8. He is very beautiful and no doubt i will be getting two of them very soon. One in normal skin and one in light tan skin. Thanks for posting his pictures and he is AAA+++
      Long Rules!

9. I've recently got the 70cm body
      Well, it sure IS beatiful!
      But it seems the body has some difficulty to sit O_õ; and I can't say much about his poseability, he came with strings VERY loose, I tried to make them more tight, but I don't know if I couldn't get it right, or if the body is like that ^^;
      Hands range of movement is short, and one arm joint is different from the other - one arm bends better than the other

Well, these are my personal opinions, maybe I'm wrong ^^; (like with the elastic stringing)

10. I have a question here. As i can see Resin Soul and Bobobie have the same dolls for sale. Sorry for my ignorance since i don't know about both companies that much but, they are the same companies?

11. I think Bobobie just changed its name to Resinsoul.

12. Actually, I think Bobobie is the parent company of Resinsoul... Bobobie only carries the larger dolls made by Resinsoul and sells them with face ups as a default... Resinsoul does NOT carry any of Bobobie's products...

Also, I completely recommend restringing your resinsoul/bobobie dolls cuz the elastic is just TERRIBLE.... It has too much 'give' and therefore makes your dolls loose...

13. Oh, that clears that up for me as well.

14. Thank you, Snow and themasterjin for your kind comments about Fate. I've decided on a pair of Masterpiece eyes for him, and will post photos when they arrive.

15. Resinsoul is a company of its own, but Bobobie helped casting the dolls I believe. I've seen bobobie cast dolls for more people.
      Thats why they sell resinsouls dolls. Resinsoul designed them and bobobie casts them.
      You can see that they;re not the same company because of the differences between the Luna doll, which bobobie designed and made themselves and dolls like Long which resinsoul sells are very different.
      The smaller dolls, Ju, Mei and An and so on, are also from resinsoul but got sold on bobobie first because resinsoul didnt have a website yet.

16. Thanks for the info :)

17. I have a long and have to agree about the looseness. I read a post somewhere that they use an elastic that is like 4 times stretchier than normal. I think whoever posted that restrung with a different kind of elastic and then he posed fine. He is very floppy! Hands and feet both aren't very poseable but could probably be modded to work fine. The head is a bit odd as well, it doesn't seem to fit the neck very well, and the profile is flattish. He only seems to look good from the front. I also think his pecs look more like flattened breasts which isn't the same at all! All that makes it sound like I don't like him, but I do, really! The only other doll I have is an Fantasy doll MSD size, so I don't have much to compare him to, but those are my thoughts.
      Jim

18. Does anyone know if the NS Long and the NS El resin match close enough to pair these two together? I really like Long's body, but his face doesn't do much for me. Perhaps a really striking and dark face up might help, but I'm very partial to El's. Any help would be great. Also, when adding an El head to this 70cm body, does the head stay on just as good? I know the elastic between the El bodies and the Resinsoul bodies are different. Thanks for any help!

19. Hey Milkycat, check out page 6 of this thread to see a BW El on a Long body. He looks pretty good, but I think would need some blushing to make it work. You would need a donut from Luts (or Coolcat on ebay) to make the head stay on properly. At least that is what I think, anyone here know for sure?

20. Thanks! I did see that and from what I can tell it looks good. I'm still up in the air about this at the moment. Trying to budget in another doll...I may have to opt for a second head and a shared body for the time being!