1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Resinsoul Product Review

Nov 7, 2012

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order? ResinSoul MSD Mei
      * When did you order? April 2012
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? YES! She was under $200- such a deal!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? A little different- they have very limited photos of her on the site, and only in the white skin tone. Better pictures can be found with a quick google search.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes!
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) There was some staining (looked like from a pair of pliers from stringing) inside one of her leg joints. Odd, but doesn't really effect her.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes. And as soon as I have money.

3. * What did you order? Resinsoul 1/3 girl Dai in tan skin with company faceup.
      * When did you order? Ordered her at the end of April from Denver Doll and received her in July. So it took about 3 months for her to be ordered from Resinsoul and made. Shipping from DDE was fast as usual, because it's in my same country. It was shipped out on a Friday and arrived on Monday, so only 2 days.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? The faceup is not as pretty as the pictures, but it is par for what RS usually does. Rather pale and ordinary. I may get her face redone in the future.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? At first yes, but after having her for only a couple of months she is already turning a little green. I've heard that tan skin can sometimes turn green with age, but she is very new. I'm really disappointed about this, as I am very careful how I display my dolls. But I love her anyway, and will definitely keep her.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional). For inexpensive dolls, I think RS bodies are decent quality.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes. This is my 3rd doll from Resinsoul/Bobobie and I will order from them again, but not the tan skin.

4. * What did you order?
      - Resinsoul Yu
      * When did you order?
      - April 7th 2012 (yes it's been a long time but still it was a good transaction! ^^ )
      - Yes, the white resin is soft, everything was ok, clean job with no resin irregularities and verry low price
      - The item is much more satisfying IRL but yes, it looks like the pictures
      - Very satisfied
      - I never had any negatives about this item bc it's not expensive at all and good quality for this low price.
      - Actually none of their actual molds please me but if I find one I like I'll buy it for sure

Picture of the product:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. * What did you order? 1/3 Resinsoul Mi with custom dreaming eyes in NS, 2 resin butterflies, jointed hands, high-heeled feet, custom face-up

* When did you order? July 2016

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes! Compared to my other $200 BJD (which was a YOSD), I got so much more resin for my money. She has a gorgeously slim body that looks very feminine and anatomically consistent, and her fingers and feet are really lovely. No seams (unlike the other one) and the resin feels so much more smooth and pleasant - really great to touch and handle. She's also light so she fits in my arms very easily and I'm a very small girl.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Much, much better than the sales photos. The sales photos don't do her any justice at all.

* Were you satisfied with the product? For the most side yes. Aethestically speaking, the body, the face, the faceup are all so much better than what I anticipated given the sales and some of the owner photos I've seen.

I did receive a doll with a broken finger from them. The fingers which are really long and beautiful (like pianists' hands) unfortunately seem to make them prone to breakage even when they were wrapped. However, Resinsoul has promised to send replacement hands which I am waiting on atm.

Other than that, I am disappointed with the butterflies. The butterflies were pictured to be hair accessories for their deertaurs so when I got them for Mi, I thought they would have magnets. The magnets weren't attached and the butterflies themselves are way too big to use as hair ornaments. They're currently in the box as I try to figure out what to do with them.

Posing the body has been difficult as she's strung so tightly that her head only wants to look down, and her arms and legs either want to stay locked straight or at 90 degree angles. I definitely need to have her restrung and sueded.

Their communication, price, and willingness to work with customization requests make them a really A+++ company for me. I hate long layaways and I'm very picky about the eye shape, so it's good to have an option like Resinsoul as a go to. I also really love their default non-jointed hands and feet, which I may order another set. If they do different hand poses, I'll probably go buy those too.

* Would you buy more from this company? Yes!

6. * What did you order?
      - Sky Blue Dragon Pi

* When did you order?
      - I didn't order the little guy myself. He was a Christmas gift.

- I'm not sure exactly how much he cost since he was a gift, but he's well worth the web site list price.

- Huckleberry's face-up is actually quite a bit better in-person than Resin Soul's site photographs.

- Yes. He's adorable, and well made for a doll in his price range.

- He seems to pose reasonably well, though his arms are a little difficult at times. My only real complaint is that the magnets in his wings and back seem a little too weak to support as much weight as they need to. His tail stays attached pretty easily, but those wings are touchy. A slight bump is all it takes to knock them loose when he's topless. They won't stay on at all through even a thin layer of cloth. 'Not a horrible issue since Huck wears overalls sans shirts, but for anyone who wanted a well-dressed Pi, it could be a problem.

- If they come out with another scupt I like? Sure.

Picture of the product:
      [​IMG]

7. * What did you order? - ResinSoul Rong Body, in Lt Tan.
      * When did you order? - 2 Feb 2017 from the ResinSoul website
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes!

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? For the most part, she is like the image. I'm not too happy with the color of the resin. It is nothing like the body I was looking to upgrade from. (a single jointed light tan body)

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, luckily the resin matches a random floating practice head I have, so it wasn't a waste of money. Also, the hands and feet where on the wrong arms and legs. This wasn't an issue, it just took me off guard when opening her. I'm really new to the hobby and was a bit nervous switching them.

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) : It is much easier to pose than the single jointed girl body, but her chest is a bit bigger than I expected.

* Would you buy more from this company? Yes, but most likely through Denver Doll Emporium rather than their website.

8. * What did you order? An head on a Sui body with multiple arms, NS Bei

* When did you order? April 2017

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Mostly, though I got mine blank and the NS is a lot paler than anticipated. Bei is actually even more white than my other NS resinsouls so not sure what happened there. She's really really pale.
      RS's pics are pretty awful though, so i'd say the items looked better.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.

Pros: Customer service is amazing, I contacted them about a pretty wacky combination of parts and not only was the cost of the mods I wanted very reasonable, the end result looks almost exactly like the mockup image I sent. The green resin is even more gorgeous in person too.

There are no seams, even the dark colours don't have seam lines and the only dolls i've ever seen any sanding marks on was a dark grey and they were very very minor.

The resin is lovely and smooth and while a little more plasticky than some more expensive dolls, it's pretty dang good.
      the colours are rich and vibrant for the most part.

The faces are so sweet!

the dolls all come with a set of eyes already installed which I like. Some companies don't even send eyes so getting a set of eyes is lovely, makes the doll feel more finished when they arrive. They also seem to do a good job matching the eye colour to the skin tone. Brown skin get brown eyes, blue get blue, and so on. I think it's kinda cute they actually bother matching and don't just grab the first set they find. They seem to have a lot of different shades too. There's purpley blue, regular blue, brown, hazel, grey, yellow, green...

cons: I wish Bei was more flesh toned and less well... ghostly. She's definitely NS, there is a pink sort of hint there, but she's not as peach as I was anticipating.
      If I knew she'd be this pale I might have ordered her in tan or something instead.

While the Sui/Tang body has amazing posing arms, he doesn't have a knee joint which threw me off. There's no knee... it's bizarre. He stands great and he has expressive arms but in order to sit him down you have to pull the lower leg out of the socket and bend it, it can't bend otherwise.

likewise, Bei hasn't got hooks in her hands, they're held on with elastic loops so can't be easily removed. I found that a bit weird. Her single joints mean she is kicky and falls over a lot too, and can't pose so well. Which is a shame.

* Would you buy more from this company? Definitely. I'm addicted to them lol. They're a great price, especially for the service you get. They'll do custom colours and strange mods for a small fee and with no grumbles, and it doesn't even seem to add any time onto the production. they're relatively quick (longest i've waited is 2 months) and the dolls are really nicely made. They aren't great posers sure, but they're okay and they fantasy colours and expressive faces more than make up for their limitations.

9. * What did you order? Yu (Tiny Girl) in White with Faceup (From Junkyspot)

* When did you order? Sept. 13th/2017

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, definitely

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? She looked so much cuter in real life. She's pretty accurate to the pics, but they don't show the tiny details in her faceup, like her eyebrow hair and the creases in her lips.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yep, definitely, especially for the price

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product
      Positives: She's so cute! She's very small and light, making her an ideal travel buddy for impromptu photoshoots. I'm less worried about breaking her since she feels sturdy, even if she's light-weight. I don't think she'll chip or crack unless something very drastic happens. I also just love the delicacy of RS/BBB's sculpts and faceups. They might be "basic" but they're not ugly or boring. They really bring out the sweetness in their scultps, even the tinies.
      Cons: She doesn't have the flexibility and posing-ability of higher-end companies. She also came strung very tight and weirdly kicky. She'll need work to hold some poses.

* Would you buy more from this company? Already have plans to.

10. What did you order?
      ResinSoul Sophia (60cm) with a small chest.

When did you order?

I paid in installments, but the final one was the 23rd of October

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?

Well, the resin is smooth and creamy. It looks and feels lovely and is more beautiful in person than in the photos. However, the doll is strung so tight that it can't effectively pose, which wouldn't be an issue if I were experienced but this is my first doll and I'm not eager to restring her. More importantly though, it came to me with a broken finger, which is unacceptable. The hands came detached from the doll in a plastic bag, with no added protection other than the silk pillow and the soft vinyl case. There was only a single layer of bubble wrap at the head and the foot of the box. I'm not sure that $200 for a doll with a broken hand is fair. If it weren't broken I'd say it was absolutely worth the price.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      The sales pictures did not do the doll justice, as I found the faceup really unappealing. The one bad part was that I asked for the smaller chest and either they didn't do that or 'small' to them is huge to me. The character is supposed to be almost flat-chested. I felt the chest looked smaller in the sales pictures.

Were you satisfied with the product?

Obviously I'm not satisfied with the broken hand, but aside from that I definitely am.

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)

Positives:
      the doll is extremely affordable, especially since she's double jointed and has a fantastic range of motion. She is a lovely sculpt. The carry case was a nice bonus from ResinSoul, and I appreciate the free eyes and putty (even if they weren't the colour I ordered so I wound up with 2 identical pairs of eyes). I finished paying on the 23rd, she was made on the 25th, sent on the 30th and I received her on the 3rd, which is excellent.

Negatives:
      Very little protective padding in the box, broken finger.

Would you buy more from this company?

Yes, but I would definitely be worried about the hands breaking in transit again. I know several people have had the same issue with fingers breaking and RS needs to individually wrap the hands in bubble wrap to prevent this as the fingers are long and slender and thus will always be prone to breaking.

11. * What did you order?
      27cm Female NS Bei doll
      * When did you order?
      Early September, got her at the end of October/Early November.
      Yes
      It was a bit pinker than the pictures, but still perfect.
      Not at first, but I love it now.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product.
      Positives:
      ~ She’s an even color all over.
      ~Her ears are the perfect size for her head/body.
      ~The eyes are a (near) perfect almond shape.
      ~Her joints are smooth.
      ~ She poses well(needs a tiny bit of sueding to hold certain poses perhaps)
      ~No bubbles in the resin(no defects beyond an issue that is being corrected now)
      ~Her travel ‘pillow’ is nice and kept her pretty secure, as well as the faux leather carry case.
      ~She’s got no seam lines! I was expecting some and there are none!
      ~She’s lightweight and so smooth to the touch, no lumps or random roughness.

Negatives:

~Her head came to me with a pretty obvious warping to her mouth and a bit of one eye, like the mold had slipped during the casting just the slightest bit.(They are sending me a new one now,got the email last week).
      ~She’s only single jointed, so her posing is limited.(I knew that when getting her).
      ~Her body is not very well detailed(ribs,breasts,lower area, etc.) compared to others, but as she wears clothes, that’s fine. Wouldn’t recommend the body sculpt for anyone stubborn on super detailed bodies.
      ~They used regular tape on the silk-like ‘pillow’ that she came in, when I pulled it off, the fabric became distorted/pulled up threads.(I’d suggest a gentler tape like washi or something next time, or be extra careful removing the tape from the pillow)
      ~She’s pretty kicky, even after restringing, but that’s typical of single joints as far as I know.

Yes, the company is good at responding to questions and their customer service is great. Sun(the person I spoke with via email) offers information pretty fast and helps out if there’s a problem that occurs such as the head sculpt issue. They keep a different time zone from me so I had to be more patient for responses but that was still okay since they got back within 2-3 days at the most. I just wish they had a better translation to their website, as some of their English was choppy and sometimes a bit difficult to understand.

12. * What did you order?
      Resinsoul Ya
      * When did you order?
      January 2 of 2k17
      Hell yass!!!
      Yes
      amazed!
      Positives: Smooth resin, strong resin, chemical resistant resin, decent posing for single jointed body, high quality sculpt
      Negatives: My personal preference was that msds are too small for me, so there's that. body looks a little plain, again personal preference, and though stain resistant once stained good luck getting the stains out.
      Neutral: they are a optimal candidate for dying, but only use i dye poly.
      I plan to, resinsoul Mi and Chung are on my wishlist.

13. * What did you order?
      44cm Ming doll, and jointed hands (Hand-03) both in a custom dark grey skin

* When did you order?
      November 2017

Absolutely. He’s very solidly built, well constructed, with neat seams and an even colour.

He looks much better in person, I’m sure everyone on this thread so far is aware that Resinsoul’s pictures do leave a lot to the imagination!

Very satisfied; he arrived intact with a pillow and carry case, and with a free pair of horns!

Positives; Easy to talk to Resinsoul, very reasonable price considering the extra work they put in, very sturdy doll
      Negatives; Two very small air bubbles inside his knee and elbow joint (un-noticeable when the joints are straight), kicky posing from tight stringing (easily solved if I were braver!)

Absolutely! The pictures on the website don’t do the dolls justice, and I personally think they are excellent dolls for their price

[​IMG]

14. * What did you order?
      An in-stock 60cm female body (Larger/Chun) from DenverDoll Emporium

* When did you order?

December 2018

Definitely! I was expecting the body to feel as delicate as it looks but she's very sturdy and has excellent weight to the resin, despite being physically a very VERY slim body.

Yes, the bodies are well-sculpted without being overly-realistic

Absolutely. I was testing out a hybrid and for the price and quality it couldn't go wrong. My only problem was the body ended up being too small for the head, but otherwise would have worked perfectly!

Pros: Sturdy, solid resin. Came with decent string tension and not as kicky as my other Resinsouls. She could hold all the poses I put her in without issue, and she was balanced enough to stand without assistance.

Cons: I can't think of any! The only issue I can foresee is being such a small and weird in-between size, clothing her might be an issue.

I really like Resinsoul, so definitely.

15. *What did you order?
      MSD Li with bodyblush and custom faceup and a MSD Yao body with bodyblush
      * When did you order?
      October 2018
      Totally
      Yes
      Yes, but the knot of the string of Li was not well made and so it got open while removing her head and I had to restring her. Also the Li head seems to be a bit big on the slim looking body.
      The Yao body has a good posing ability and looks totally beautiful.
      The Li body needs a bit hot glue sueding for better posing, but is already pretty good.
      Both bodies lean a bit back in sitting position.
      Definitely yes!

16. * What did you order?
      Resinsoul Wei w/faceup.
      * When did you order?
      7/11/2020
      Yes.
      Yes.
      Yes.
      Right out of the box, she's strung VERY tightly, which makes her very kicky. Furthermore, her posing isn't great even with a looser stringing, but sueding helps a great deal. The legs still want to kick back a little, but not nearly as much. It's quite hard to get her to stand on her own.

The faceup photos are accurate, but in person it appears more subtle.

The eyes she comes with have a strange share to them - rather than being rounded, they have a noticeable peak shape, like a mountain almost. I didn't realize this until I took them off and examined them closely, so it's likely a non-issue for the most part.

I wouldn't mind if the magnets for her ears and tail were a little stronger - just sitting against her head, the magnets hold fine, but with her wig, they hold much more loosely.

No seam lines! Really a pleasant surprise given the price.

One of the things that caught my eye in the company photos were the elbow joints, which I felt looked a bit odd, but this is less noticeable in person.
      Yes.

17. What did you order?
      Jointed hands for 72cm male

When did you order?
      Last week sometime, from DenverDoll (they were in stock)

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Oh definitely. They're actually really nice, and only $38! I only bought them as placeholder hands for a doll I'm having trouble finding jointed hands for, and I'm very happy with them.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      yep

Were you satisfied with the product?
      very much

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      Positive:
      definitely the price. They also seem well made, the joints are nice, they're not too weird-looking (proportion is good, joints don't make them skeletal), and it seems like they will pose decently (I literally just got them, I haven't had time to really try them out)
      Color is good - I got NS and it's a very pale pink, I would guess it was WS but RS white is really white, so I know it's not. It will blush nicely.

Negatives: they're a tiny bit small for the doll - which is really just my opinion, I didn't even buy them for an RS body - they fit perfectly, but they're smaller than 70cm Dikadoll and that's what I'm used to on him XD
      The joints don't let the fingers spread, which I find odd, but they also don't let the fingers flip backward or around in unnatural positions (which is a huge pet peeve of mine), so there is a plus for that negative.

Would you buy more from this company?
      Sure! I like RS dolls as a whole.

18. * What did you order? Resinsoul Mi and jointed hands
      * When did you order? April 6/7, 2021
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes definitely
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Pretty close
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) she is beautiful, I love her sculpting and the fact that her jointing is very nice, she can kneel and easily touch her face, and she sits beautifully. I haven't tried the jointed hands on her yet but they look really nice and seem to pose decently. My only gripe with her is that she'll need restringing and/or sueding to be able to stand as her legs want to buckle under her.
      Already planning on it.

my girl Marjorie
      [​IMG]

19. * What did you order? Light tan Resinsoul Yun
      * When did you order? 11/06/2021 Arrived: 05/23/2021
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely, she's gorgeous.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Well not really because I bought her in tan. But much better in person imho.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Heck yes!~
      * Would you buy more from this company? Absolutely.

20. * What did you order?

ResinSoul Ya in Light Tan

* When did you order?

In stock item at Denver Doll Emporium. Bought on 9/23/2021 and picked up on 9/25/2021

For an MSD, she's a great price. The body sculpting is nice and the faceup is serviceable. There was some light scratching on her face which is odd because her hands were wrapped in bubble wrap. I assume this happened either with ResinSoul or when DDE opened her up to check.

She's really kicky and hard to pose. She does stand pretty well if you get her maneuvered right!

Honestly? No. The sales pictures for ResinSoul dolls are terrible! Check them out for yourself. That's a picture straight from ResinSoul, not from DDE by the way. She looks much better in person and even better photographed. Her resin tone is a little dull in person but I think it really comes to life in pictures and in good lighting.

[​IMG]

Yes. I'm having her restrung and sueded but after that, I think she'll be a fabulous and cost conscious addition to my collection. However, if you factor in those costs, she cost about $220 ($165 for full doll + faceup, $55 for restringing and sueding). If you're a DIY expert, I'd say go for it! If you'd rather have a ready to go doll with no posing problems, maybe check out Doll Leaves for comparable pricing.

Yes!