1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ringdoll Company Feedback (ALL)

Sep 3, 2009

1. RINGDOLL Doll Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!
      * What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?

2. What did you order? Ringkid Dylan
      * When did you order? 08/31/09
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Denverdoll
      * How was the communication? Great, both from Denverdoll and Ringdoll
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, paid through paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? 30 days exactly
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? the quality is great, especially for the price
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? very much so, but cuter
      * Were you satisfied with the product? very satisfied
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a
      * Would you order from this company again? definately, may eventually buy a body to go with my free promotional head

3. * What did you order? Ring Teenager Ran
      * When did you order? 03.08.09
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? dealer in e-bay
      * How was the communication? Very nice
      * How easy was it to pay? easy with paypal (and it was a layaway)
      * How long did it take to ship? a week after I paid everything
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? More then that
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Better
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Absolutely
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a
      * Would you order from this company again? would be very interested in 70cm boys

4. * What did you order? Ringdoll Shao
      * When did you order? About August 2009
      Via Denver Doll Emporium
      I didn't deal with them, only DDE
      again this was via DDE and it was good
      It took over a month, but it was through a vendor, which takes longer, but saves on shipping
      The posing was *great* (right up there with the best other boy doll posing I've encountered so far), the resin was very nice quality for the price (heavy, solid and toothy plus nicely cast), and the head sculpt was very pretty. However, the color was horrible and very different from the pictures -- it didn't match what it looked like it would *at all* and was super yellow (yellower than yellowed dolls). I expect a Y-normal to on the yellower end of the spectrum rather than the pinker one, of course, but this was something else again. I blushed it a lot in cooling tones and with an airbrush it probably could have been turned into a paler color, but that's not really the point. I ended up selling/trading the parts with full disclosure of its yellowness, but nonetheless the color and the misrepresentation were absolutely unacceptable. Perhaps they had all those special offers at that time to unload it. It really is a shame because as I said the posing was great.
      No!!! See comment above
      No! See above. Even though they have changed the resin color, I wouldn't trust the photos to represent the doll anymore.

It didn't actually occur to me to complain, oddly. I guess I just have such low standards for bjd companies (even though there are some that are fantastic of course) that I didn't think there was any point. Also, it was such a blatant problem that I don't think you could sent it out accidentally with a batch of otherwise perfectly reasonable dolls.

No. Even though they have apparently a new Y-normal, I just wouldn't trust the photos to represent the doll.

5. RINGDOLL
      * What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

6. * What did you order?
      Ringdoll Teen type 1 body (pink skin) which came with a head of my choice as part of the promotion. I chose Pan in white skin. I also ordered a wine red wig.

* When did you order?
      I placed my order Feb. 1st, however, it was with the understanding that the order would not be shipped until March 11th. :)

Wonderful! They got back to me quickly and were extremely friendly and tried to be helpful. Mistakes were on my end, as I misunderstood the wording of their promotion order.

Easy enough. I sent the first payment directly to their Paypal account; they sent me an invoice within a few hours with the details of my order and how much more I had to pay for shipping and handling. I sent a second payment a few days later when I could add a wig to my order. They sent me a new invoice which included mention of the wig.

t arrived on March 15th, so if they shipped on March 11th as they indicated they would, it only took four days (one of them Sunday). But they may have shipped as early as March 5th as that was the day I got a request for my phone number, which I'd forgotten to include with my shipping information.

Yes. Perhaps better than?

Yes.
      The wig actually looked a little shorter than it actually was, but it can always be cut if I decide it's too long for the character. :)

Yes. :)

Yes. :)

I don't really have any interest in ordering second-hand myself, but I see no reason why one shouldn't order second-hand.

7. * What did you order? Ring Teen PanStyle-B Full Set

* When did you order? March 2nd 2010

* How was the communication? Great. Emily was very helpful!

* How easy was it to pay? Incredibly! She gave me an invoice and I sent it to be ordered.

* How long did it take to ship? Less than a month. 25 days to be exact.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Incredibly. My boy is perfect! His wig is cute too.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Exactly! Heck, even better! It's creepy.lol

* Were you satisfied with the product? Very very much. He's so smooth and he smells nice.<===Weird.
      He's very easy to pose. He also stands and sits well.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Well they DID forget his Face-up, and I
      contacted them and I'm waiting for a reply. Though luckily I wasn't going to order it at first since I was sending it to
      to a custom face-up artist.@.@

* Would you order from this company again? If they had more Pans! lol. Yes, If I saw something of interest.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I don't shop second hand normally, but if I really wanted yes.

8. *What did you order?
      Mechanical arm for 1/3 doll
      *When did you order?
      March 30, 2010
      *How was the communication
      Ok. I emailed my request, recieved a paypal invoice then paid. I didn't recieve a confirmation of payment or notice that the arm had been sent.
      *How easy was it to pay?
      Smooth. I requested paypal and was sent and invoice!
      *How long did it take to ship?
      Received the arm on the 12th March, so less than two weeks to Oz.
      *Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      For me, yes. I bought my mecha arm on special. Seeing it in person I'm glad I didn't pay the higher price.
      *Did the item look like the sales picture?
      Yes it does!
      *Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes
      *Would you order from this company again?
      Yes I would.
      *Would you buy this companies products second hand?
      Yes

General: The arm has good a good mecha look to it with plenty of detail. The hand is quite big and would suit a boy better (mine's destined for a girl). The fingers are hinged rather than jointed which, IMO limits the mobility of the hand. It arrived in two parts, unstrung but with an 'S' hook on the hand part. The silver paintwork is good, the elbow and wrist joints have been sprayed inside so there is no 'peek-a-boo' of plain resin when attatched.

Postage is the only thing that I thought was bad. The arm was badly wrapped in dirty bubble wrap and then put inside a small cardbord box which was taped shut. This box was put inside a larger postal box with no additional padding, not even newspaper. The outer box was securely taped closed. I guess you could say I'm just being picky but I know how rough the local mail contractors can be.

9. [* What did you order?
      RingKid Kyo NS (nude doll)
      * When did you order?
      19March 2010
      Ok. Emily kindly replied my questions
      quick & easy via invoice
      About 10 days
      Yup!
      Well, as I ordered nude.. Looked just the same X)
      The skin color on promo shots looks more pink, a bit more yellowish in reality,but it's light, creamy and great ^^
      Yeaah! My first BJD ever - and I'm totally in love with him!
      n/a
      If they'll release more lovely dollies I'll fall in love with - why not to buy my a bro/a sis for my babe,)
      Dunno. Haven't seen anyone selling second-hand RD yet.

10. Well, this is finally resolved, but I'm sad to say I had a very uncomfortable time with them...

* What did you order? Three outfits, a wig and two pairs of boots
      * When did you order? August 13
      * How was the communication? Fairly regular
      * How easy was it to pay? A nightmare. I originally tried to pay via PayPal, only to be notified that Ringdoll could not accept such a large amount thru PP--it came to about $360--because of the high fee they would deduct. I asked what other forms of payment they could accept, and Western Union or bank transfer (neither of which I had ever used) were suggested. In the end I used Western Union and was charged approximately $40 plus $2 for attaching a message, bringing my $360 transaction over $400. Emily, the RD rep--who has been very nice throughout all this--expressed surprise at the size of the Western Union fee; I told her that having never used WU before I had not known what to expect, but that, since it had been about two weeks since I'd first tried to send the order, I had no issue with the fee if my order could just be processed. ===(I DO NOT BLAME Ringdoll for this fee, honest! I just wish I had known they had an upper $ limit for PayPal use, so I could have tried to work around it.)
      * How long did it take to ship? Box arrived yesterday, September 13th.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, definitely! The outfits are gorgeous, fit like a dream (even on a Delf boy!) and seem well-made.
      * Did the item/s look like the sales pictures? Very much so. The wig is even prettier than it looked. =)
      * Were you satisfied with the product/s? 99.5%--a sash and headband are missing from one outfit. Have emailed Emily to see if I can get them.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I guess we'll see.
      * Would you order from this company again? Not directly from Ringdoll if I can help it. I was intending to order a Rebecca fullset from RD next, but I'll be getting her from Mint on Card instead.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? That looks like the best bet.

I can't help but wonder if I just did something wrong, since no one else seems to have run into this issue... =(

11. RINGDOLL
      * What did you order? White skinned RD Kid Dylan w/Female body
      * When did you order? 5/29/2010
      * How was the communication? Great! They got back to me quickly and efficiently anytime I had a question. Emily was a great help :)
      * How easy was it to pay? Quick and painless. I started up a layaway plan, paying $50 bi-weekly until it was paid off.
      * How long did it take to ship? About two months! It got here before I was finished paying!
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? The quality is better than any of the dolls I had owned previously, and certainly surpassed my expectations.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? The faceup that I had asked for looked nothing like the sales pictures... it was far too red for her white skin! This was the only problem I had with an otherwise perfect doll!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Absolutely!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes, I fully intend to purchase one of their 70 cm dolls when they are released :)
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Maybe, depending on the conditon of the doll. I've never bought second-hand before.

12. RINGDOLL
      * What did you order?
      Ringdoll Teen Shao- Chinese Assassin set
      * When did you order?
      27 July 2010
      Excellent, Emily was with me every step of the way.
      Very easy... Paypal FTW
      I didn't get a shipping notice, but the shipping tag said that it shipped 18 Sept. 2010 and he arrive 23 Sept. 2010, so pretty quick.
      Beyond what I could imagine.
      Better, though I need to tame his wig.
      Oh yes, most definitely.
      There weren't any problems.
      Oh yes, I have a few more of their sculpts on my wishlist, as well as some clothes and I want the 70cm boy...
      If it was taken well care of, yes.

13. Overall I am dissapointed with the results I got from this company :/ I like my doll, but...

* What did you order? A WS Shao.
      * When did you order? June 30th, through Sakura Den
      * How was the communication? My communication with Sakura was fine, but from her to Ringdoll, it was not. He was shipped out, and sent back to Ringdoll twice, once because of Chinese customs, and the second time because of Canadian customs, which was very unpleasant. He should have been shipped out on a much earlier date, but I was told that Ringdoll was too busy with conventions (Multiple times; this did not happen just once) to send out orders, which I find is unnacceptable.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy enough, through paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? I did not recieve my order until October 25th.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Potentially, but the head they sent me does not match the body, and his joints are full of residue from casting, which makes him very difficult to pose.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? For the most part; I got him blank, and naked.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? I am upset that my head is different, but to be honest, I don't care enough to deal more with this company.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Never.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Possibly.

14. RINGDOLL

* What did you order?
      A carrot wig, a pistol, an outfit and a necklace

* When did you order?
      By the end of May

Communication was fine at first. I don't know if I should blame the lack of a shopping cart system or Emily. She was always kind and polite, but...
      I had asked about a pair of shoes, but they were not SD so I wasn't taking them.
      It was included on the order nevertheless.

Paypal. No mystery.

Not much,less than a week

The uniform was great. A bit slim but fits my SD fine. The necklace's stone broke free and I had to glue it again on its place.
      I got a different wig. It was white and I'm still unsure if it was made for SD ou MSD. Horrible fiber. And also, I didn't receive my pistol.

Yeah, except for the white wig.

Yes, I like the products very much.

They refunded me and apologized after I sent pictures about the mistake.

Er... No.

Perhaps. Probably.

15. * What did you order?
      Shao Natural Skin Head Part with Makeup

* When did you order?
      September 6, 2010 (:|the week Shao was discontinued)

:sweat I suppose this is due to time zones ,but it felt too slow ....they reply to e-mails once every 24 hours. In search of a faster reply I contacted their Skype account only to find that it’s never active… even when I woke up in the middle night trying to match hours with China… :| the account still was never active…

Well the "invoice" e-mail was phrased unusually "To make payment online, please notice that dealing with the money through Paypal personnel or mass way because we could not accept the Paypal fee -- 4% is too high to accept. I hope dear you can understand." I wasn't sure if they meant that they don't use Paypal anymore or if they were inviting me to pay the fee myself. In the end, after receiving no replies to clarifying this sentence, I ended up just sending them my payment through Paypal informing them that I had calculated coverage for the Paypal fee with my payment. I did get a little worried when a few days later-I received a request for my payment and address.... again.... which unnerved me... I had asked them if there was any trouble receiving my first payment... and they never replied to me... ever again about the subject....

:sweat not quite sure... I wasn't informed that he was being shipped. But if I consider the day I ordered him up to today... I guess... about 8 weeks?

:D OOOHH YEESSS!!!

:lol: YEEEEEEES!

:D:YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!:D

:sweat Probably through a third party (after all I still need to get this HEAD a BODY) ,but not directly. :| Unfortunately for me Mintoncard went on Hiatus during Shao's discontinuation and Resinshop wasn’t able to assist me.

:sweat Well honestly it was my first option ,but there is just no real second hand market for these dolls as of this time...

16. * What did you order?
      Ringdoll's Teenager Shao Doll with white skin and custom make-up
      * When did you order?
      2010/09/12
      Very good. As for the time lag everything was okay.
      Paid with Pay Pal so no problems.
      circa 7 weeks
      Hm, I dont really know. It's my first BJD so I have no comparison, but when it's about the doll itself I have to say YES.
      The sculpt is the same, but I have different make-up and skin color LOL
      Oh yesss :fangirl: I'm so in love I cant take my eyes off him!
      /
      Yes! I want a Valo :D
      When it's in a good condition and a bit cheaper - yay :D

17. * What did you order?
      Ringdoll Teen Don B in Normal skin
      * When did you order?
      Alright.
      Fairly easy. I had him on Layaway.
      As soon as I payed him off.
      Slightly, the resin seems a little thin.
      Not at all. The face up is completely different from the promotional. Instead of a soft looking lip he had a bright pink one, and his eye were much darker.

I'm satisfied with his size, his faceup however no.
      Didn't contact them about it.
      No.
      Most likely not.

18. What did you order?
      Darkside Jessica set and two Ringkid Lilys in Normal Skin
      When did you order?
      It started as a layaway in late September 2010 that was paid off by November 26th.
      How was the communication?
      Not the greatest...not as clear as I would have like...if I had know certain things beforehand it would have help greatly (see problems)
      How easy was it to pay?
      PayPal BUT I had to pay an extra 4% on top of my order due to Ringdoll's issues with PayPal...this was mentioned after I had made my first payment
      How long did it take to ship?
      I received Darkside Jessica very quickly...but I was not told when they had shipped nor the shipping numbers, the two Lilys sat in Wuhan until I asked Ringdoll what had happen (see problems)
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      The product is fine...the service is another matter
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      Bwah ha ha...*cough*
      I had to pay an extra 4% on top of my payments because I used PayPal
      I had to chase them up after the Layaway had been paid to find out when the items were going to be shipped. The response was always "soon" or "next week".
      My first doll arrived (12/20) and I was never given the shipping number...worried that the other two were not with her I emailed again and was given the EMS number of the doll who just arrived. Writing back I later received the other shipment number to show they were held up by Customs.
      Now here comes the hard corn kernel in the popcorn that gets lodged in the craw...
      I originally ordered two Lily dolls (their heads were still availiable at the time) in normal skin, I was told this was fine. When I finally received them...they were white skin. I was informed:
      I actually ordered them in September.
      I've given up and hope no one else has my experience
      Would you order from this company again?
      Only because they are beautiful...but I would be very sure and enforce confirmation with each step...but I would have to be really in love again...
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Maybe

19. * What did you order?
      A Ringteen boy body (NS pink)

* When did you order?
      The end of December

Through Rosedolls dealer in the UK

I didn't communicate directly with Ringdoll

To Rosedolls, through Paypal.

Very little time, it was in my hands within a month, dealer and all.

Yes, it's a lovely body and poses very well.

Yep

Yes, except for one thing- the joints are all so tight that the resin around them is getting scuffed. However, it also helps him pose so well, so it's not a big complaint to me.

n/a

If they had anything else I wanted, yes :)

20. * What did you order? Ring Kid Military Valo
      * When did you order? July 2010
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Through a dealer.
      * How was the communication? Communication through Sakura Den was fine, but it took a while for Ringdoll to respond.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy. I used Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? It took much longer than expected. My Valo took 94 days to finally get to me. It's the longest I've ever waited for a doll and he had to be sent back to Ringdoll twice due to customs issues.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes. The wigs is terrible though.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes. He's heavier and more sturdy than he looks.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? NA
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes. I love the look of their dolls.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, if the doll was in good condition and seller had positive feedback.