1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ring Doll Teens

Feb 22, 2010

1. @Yumeiro - Do his legs kick? That's usually a sign that a doll is strung too tight.
      If he crumples when you try to stand him, he's too loose.
      Be careful of stringing him really tight. Resin can crack under enough stress.

2. @petiteballerine Neither... :sigh
      I played around some more, and it mostly seem to be an issue with the ankles/feet joints. (I think the hook needs to be bent a bit too, as it tends to get caught/stuck against the resin in the ankle)
      Hot-glue sueding next? He sure plans to keeping me busy.

3. I'm new to ringdoll too! I just ordered Messager. I was choosing between him and Hui as well. But Messager's natural face up appealed to me more! I haven't bought a bjd in years. Really excited right now! :)

4. it's strange how dolls have their little quirks. and that changes as they age - just like with people. :3nodding:
      hot glue can work wonders.

congrats on Messenger. He's got such a delightful face and I love the outfit and accessories. :thumbup

5. *dances in* my White Rabbit dropped into my lap yesterday! No shipping notice, and I thought I was picking up a head from another company that I did get notice for, so the giant box full of doll was a surprise, but yay! He's here!

6. Ugh, I give up!
      Despite hot-glue sueding, and restringing and all, he still pretty much refuses to stand (without aid)!
      So again, you guys get your boys to stand on flat surfaces, bare-feet or with shoes, without them wanting to tip over (beyond what is expected with BJDs)? Like, a full on "Michael Jackson lean". (gluing his feet to the floor would not even help)
      I do not know what else I can do, but find a new body... :horror: And I've heard such good things about Ringdoll bodies too...

7. [​IMG]

8. So, I have ordered Messenger's head around two weeks ago. I can not believe so little time passed. :lol:
      Made some mock-up pictures how he will look like with the hair and eyes.

[​IMG]messenger hair eye by Swampruler, on Flickr

9. So I made the mistake of looking up some of the newer teens I hadn't really checked out...now I want cyanapathys wig for my andrew lol.

10. I sent Hui for a new face up last month so I wanted to share some of my last moments with his company face up TT and a blank in case anyone needs a reference!

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

11. I've been following the discussion and enjoying everyone's dolls, even though I haven't had time to comment on the threads I follow. I just love the pics posted, @sleepinghazard , @gaiboiozz , @petiteballerine. Everyone's dolls are just wonderful! I finally got a chance to take some pictures of my LRRH as I have her styled instead of in her full set. Her Ringdoll face up feels so much sweeter than the outfit they put her in, cool as it is.

Glad to finally be able to contribute instead of lurking. :)

[​IMG]

12. @bluepita She really is too cute. That wig gives her personality.

13. @bluepita Yay! Thanks for coming out of the shadows to share! Your LRRH is so precious. I love her full cherry lips, so cute!

14. After 5 months my Scarlett Faust (Akaoni) model finally arrived! Say hello to Junko Enoshima!

Attaching the image didnt work as I expected it to so heres the direct image link
      Imgur
      --------
      (Ignore the red x. Does anyone know what my problem here was? Is image size an issue maybe?)
      [​IMG]

15. Image size is not a problem but check the FAQ under HELP for photo linking questions. I'm not familiar with Imgur linking sorry.

16. Is there a way to buy faust wig? I dont see it under the wigs.

17. I seem to recall noticing the same thing when I was trying to decide whether or not to order the full set. I ultimately decided not to and instead commissioned a wig from Etsy artist SophyMolly for my Junko build. The Scarlett Faust wig looks really lovely too though from the photos, so it's a shame if they don't/won't offer it for individual sale.

#698 Lament of Thoth, Mar 17, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    18. I'd really like the cyanapthy wig for my andrew.

19. Thank you so much! She still needs custom
      hair pins which I'm still trying to determine how best to accomplish and nail polish to fully look like the character from Danganronpa, but I'm very happy with how she came together ^_^