1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rosette 47cm discussion Part 6

Apr 17, 2014

1. Raccoon I love her eyes - she does look so sweet. It's amazing how custom face ups change the way the Rosette's look. I have 3 now and need to get them on here. :)

2. I'm so tempted to get another one to keep her company. Probably a Sakura, but that will have to wait until next Christmas....

3. I need to show up more often XD every time I come back there is a new thread ^^""

Yuna says hi!

[​IMG]

4. Oh Yuna, my precious petal whom I adore <3 Soon you will have sleepy Violet sisters smattered across the globe. http://twitpic.com/e4qzg0 (once again thanks to Micky_HY's twitter)
      i do not think I will be able to pass up a CW ST Violet *heavy breathing*

5. ... Ooooooooooh! WS and ST?! Exciting! :whee:

6. Does she still look like part of the fairytale line? I can't think of who she could be representing.

7. I finally took a picture of my 3 Rosettes. They fit nicely into Ellowyne and Evangeline clothes. [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

8. Everyone you have such gorgeous dollies!! I'm so happy about this returning from Rosette :3

I want to share something. I have a blog and I do monthly interviews with artists/companies, and this month I was able to interview Soom Rosette!! The interview is in my blog HERE, since it has lots of pictures that Emma -the new director- shared for the interview.

I hope it is OK to share it here :)

[​IMG]

9. Wow, thanks for sharing! "The boy body is under development" :O
      The pictures are really interesting to see as well, along with the newly painted faceups x3
      I wonder what the '4 concepts' bit meant. Does the "Romantic Dress" line exist already?
      And the bit about Art Nouveau influence surprised me. I'm relatively new to Rosettes but I always got the impression that it was based off a very Victorian aesthetic. It does show a bit in the Steampunk line though.

edit: Hmm? Bit slow on the uptake here, but Emma's Twitter is mostly in Japanese, so I wonder where she's based. Does that make Rosette a Japanese/Korean company? xD Contemplating useless things at 2:30am.

10. WONDERFUL interview! I enjoyed it a lot!!! I just about died when I saw Rosette boys are under development! I can't wait! And cheshire cat Fir broke my heart!!! :(

I should get my girls out and spam them more! I was really inspired by the interview. I hope they know they have a small, but dedicated fanbase!

11. I feel inspired to spend some time with my girl today, too! Thanks so much for the Rosette pick-me-up Musume <3
      Really hope they will reveal the new set some time today!

12. Thank you for sharing the review, Musume, very cool!:aheartbea

13. Glee! I just bought a secondhand NS Armeria to use in a mod project I've been planning, literally, for years. I'm finally going to make a Rosette centaur :dance I've got my plans all ready (just needs to be scaled to match the Rosette body), and since I've bought her from a fellow Aussie, I shouldn't have to wait too long before I can start working on her! Can't wait to start sculpting :aheartbea

14. Omg, you simply must share your fun project with us along the way, sharnofshade! Sounds delicious :3

15. I was literally just thinking the other day how awesome it would be if Rosette released some boys. I am looking forward to that! And it was really cool to see some photos of the office of Soom!

sharnofshade, that sounds like a really really cool project! Good luck, keep us posted!

16. Armeria arrived this morning! Time to buckle down and start working out the proper scale for her centaur body!

As an aside, I'm so glad I managed to snag an Armeria sculpt - for a long time I thought her face was too stylised, and she was the only Rosette girl I wasn't a fan of. But then, through reading this thread and seeing all the lovely photos people posted of their own Armerias, the sculpt really grew on me, and now I just love her subtle pout and the expression of her eyes. Really looking forward to giving her a face-up when I get a chance!

17. Centaur Armeria sounds awesome! Does this mean you're sculpting the whole centaur body?:o
      Good luck and I hope we get to see how it goes! x3

18. oh wow Musume, thanks for sharing the interview!

and they are really thinking about boy body! yaaay!

19. Yup, I'll be sculpting the entire centaur body from scratch! Right now I'm still at the stage of working out proportions (just how long and skinny I want the legs to be, and how skinny I want the torso to be). Here's a sneak peek of the very first step in the process - a cardboard mock-up :XD: Once I begin actually sculpting I'll start a Project Journal, too.

Please excuse her awkwardly-held back arm - it's supporting her entire torso at an odd angle, so it was really hard to find an elegant pose that didn't send everything else tumbling :sweat

Edit: After a bit of fiddling, I've come up with two different sizes that feel right, and now I can't decide between them! I'd love some input - do you prefer the centaur with the bigger horse body or the one with the bigger human body? The only difference between the two is that for the latter I've taken the horse body and shrunk it by around 80%.

20. I personally think I like the shrunken horse body better. Though... the bigger horse body could have better proportions if you want her to look "full grown" and not so foal like. Hrm. Now I think I like the bigger one. Oh phooey. Have you had any further thoughts, sharnofshade?