1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Russian BJD dolls

Dec 31, 2006

1. Here's the link to the site of Russian Artist who's currently selling the BJD-like dolls. They are called Mooqla

I've seen these dolls yesterday in person at the expo. They are about MSD size but since I couldn't touch them I can't tell any more details about their materials and structure. Faces already have a slight make-up and the hairs are rooted. They have the whole background story about the privat shcool and they are kinda kreepy I suppose :sweat But I'm sure some of you will like them. So what do you think?

2. Ah, I love the Mooqla girls(I read about them in a LJ community earlier this year.). I don't know much about them, other than they're held together with hinges, and shipping is insane.

I'd love to hear more if anyone knows anything!

3. Jaw hits the floor

Im not sure how much they would be classed as BJDs
      looks resin , unique ball joints ...Im already wondering if I could get her wig off LOL
      but I like them ...cant find the shipping
      but Lisa is calling to me ....and Im trying desperatly not the hear her !

4. oewh theyr going to the milionair fair!
      They somehow had a dollstand on the dutch milionair fair too
      (i was there because a art piece by me was on sale there...lol dont think of me as rich or you all would have cute dolls send to ya XDDD)

I think they look scarry, but thats probebly because they dont have faceups.
      They remind me of that embrio in the massive attack video clip

5. Mooqla are sadly not ball jointed dolls but fashion dolls. They are made of plastic, not strung but jointed together with hinges, you can't change the eyes nor the hair.

About shipping, it's added when you purchase the doll. No idea about the quotation but it depends on the delivery method you choose.

6. Yep, in the end I think they are not the exact BJD... :sigh

...but they have much more in common with BJD and their esthetics than for example with such fashion dolls as Tonner or FR. This is true also for their proportion and the structure of joints.

It's just I really wish BJD dolls to become popular in Russia one day and I consider these dolls as a first step maybe...:roll:

7. taking a quick look, they do look like bjds.
      closer up you can see that the 'ball joints' are just covers for the hinge :(
      it's a shame, they look so different.....

8. What material are they made out of?

9. Hm, I like their backstory, and like everyone says, on a quick glance they look like a modded type of BJD. But their face...eh. I'm not very fond of their squashed persian cat look. Other than that, they're neat, but not as much as other BJDs :mwahaha

10. Though not really BJDs, they are very lovely.

11. Mooqla dolls seem very interesting, but unfortunately they do not fit DoA's classification of an Asian ball-jointed doll. :) So I'm going to have to lock this thread. Thank you! :daisy