1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SartoriaJ Mini Part II

Aug 19, 2023

1. I don't have access to the marketplace yet and want to buy a MSD SJ guy. Do they come up for sale at all or should I just order one new?

2. @AraraSnow - Welcome! :) I've seen an occasional MSD SJ guy for sale on the MP...but then you are stuck with whatever sculpt is for sale at any given moment...better to order new, then get the sculpt that speaks to you the most. What sculpt are you wanting the most?

I usually consider MP sales as 'finds' but not something I can plan for. Though, once you have access you can put out a "want to buy" thread in the appropriate section and sometimes you can get one that way also. (If you find someone willing to part with one they already own.)

3. I've bought one SartoriaJ boy second-hand and seen one other. They do come up, but that's not always a guarantee that your preferred head/skin combo will come up. Especially for the newer sculpts

I guess unless you want an elf or one of the discontinued headsculpts, where you'd have to wait until next year's elf sale or rely on the second-hand market.

So, which guy do you want in particular?

4. Joshua is my favorite. I really like the Fifth Season Daniel too, but shame he only is in 1/3.

5. okay, I guess he was also in 1/4 but I missed it. :doh

6. Your Lobelia is GORGEOUS!!! I’m not usually a huge fan of fantasy skin tones but she is absolute perfection!!

7. Hi all, I am looking into getting a doll of my Cyberpunk 2077 character next year and was looking at SJ sculpts that might work for her. Was just wondering about how SartoriaJ bodies handle; are they similar to Iplehouse bodies and kinda clunky/stiff? Also wondering if someone with Lobelia could post a side profile photo of her, I’d really appreciate it. :)

8. I have Lobelia in the human version. The body is similar as iplehouse, but posing much better, not so stiff as iplehouse, but made very well :-)
      let me see what best photos i have on my flickr [​IMG]

9. @Singull
      maybe this photo will be better :-) [​IMG]

10. @Anita2006 Thanks for the photos and info. :) Good to know about the body! I’ll definitely still keep SJ in mind if I don’t find any other dolls that fit my girl. Your girl looks lovely, by the way.

11. @Singull thank you :-) one day, when I will have more experience with my DSLR camera I will try to take better pictures :-)
      I love SJ dolls, I have both sizes MSD and sd and I would say, they are getting better quality than Iplehouse dolls

12. I guess I'm in the minority in that I find Iplehouse dolls much easier to pose, especially the men. The SJ ladies are very good from the waist up, but I don't like their knees, which are always popping out of their sockets. Thankfully my ladies all have long skirts so it doesn't show whenever they have to sit.

The men are gorgeous but I find them difficult to pose, and their arms are especially challenging. They will only stay straight or in a tight bend, and nothing in between, just popping out straight again. So, because my dolls are 'actors' who need to do more than just stand there looking beautiful, I wire everyone's arms. That solves their posing challenges.

13. @MB Lilac Thanks for your insight! :thumbup Thankfully, I have no plans to get one of the guys bahaha. Good to know about the knees on the ladies though. I don’t really do a lot with my dolls, but even so, I still prefer doll bodies that are nice to handle and fun to pose just because. So always nice to know about doll bodies and their potential quirks that might make handling them more of a chore than something fun to do. :sweat

14. I think it's also a matter of getting used to a particular doll's quirks, and learning how to deal with them in the best possible way. After all, every doll company's doll bodies are different, and every one has it's own pluses and minuses.

That being said, SJ dolls are some of the most beautiful sculpts out there, and their makeup is beyond compare. As is their customer service.

15. I find SJ girls (in both sizes) have the tendency to pitch forward really fast at the hip/leg joint. I need to suede them.

16. Interesting. I know Jarrad does that really badly but I just thought that was because I badly need to restring him as well as sueding him.

17. Yea, I think the Athletic SD body also pitches forward hard...especially the first one I got as his legs are not strung through the torso...I can't remember if my other ones are strung that way also.

18. Can anyone tell me if 10/4mm eyes will fit the msd girls? My new girl arrived today and I found PERECT eyes for her but they’re 10/4mm and the seller doesn’t make them in 8/4mm. Thanks for any info!