1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SartoriaJ Mini

Jul 18, 2019

1. Today is decision day for Jude. I want one and I know this my last chance to get one that is exactly what I want but I also really really hate making decisions on short notice when significant amounts of money are involved.

2. It is so hard trying to make decisions when they don't give you long to prepare or decide. I already have Jude in amber beige and fog gray, as well as the original head they did back before they had their own bodies, but I still want another in peach cream. I just love his sculpt....................but I already ordered a couple of the discontinued girls, so I need to be good and not add yet another Jude. It's difficult to resist his pull though!
      And a picture of my fog gray Elf Lobelia because she got a new wig
      [​IMG]A Touch of Pink by wizgerg3, on Flickr

3. I'm feeling everyone's pain. In a bid to not regret it, I've ordered Yu in Ivory and Serena in Peach, both 45 Aph. I would dearly have loved another big Serena but have already given SJ all my doll money this month in other payments, not knowing the discontinuation was going to happen, so have had to draw a line. Extended layaway payments don't help if you haven't even got the first one to hand and have already budgeted all your funds for - erm - food and living expenses!!!

JinCincy, your gorgeous, serene Elf Lobelia picture helps soothe the pain though, thank you for that! <3 The grey hair suits her so well, with its playful streaks of pink to match her colouring. Very lovely.

4. I decided to bite the bullet and I now have a Peach Cream Jude with the G faceup coming. I'm even doing something I've also never done before and am using layaway in an attempt to make the cost less abrupt.

I was waffling over some of the girls but have eventually decided that I don't love any of them enough to get them this quickly. If I fall in love later, I'll try and get them second hand.

So now I need to make Jude some clothes, pop the eyes out of Jarrad and check their exact size so I can get him some eyes and figure out a wig.

#624 Crissaegrim, Apr 24, 2022
      Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    5. Why are they discontinuing so many dolls?

6. To increase production speed and efficiency. They feel like they've got too many sculpts to manage effectively.

Basically, it's an inverse Dollshe.

7. Haha Crissaegrim, love it! :XD:
      Congrats on ordering your Jude! :thumbup

8. Are they accepting lay-away for the dolls they're discontinuing?

9. I ordered the 51cm Zakary in peach cream. I have admired Yu but I have decided to wait and see what new sculpts are offered!

#629 nancy_schroeder_ca, Apr 24, 2022
      Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    10. Yes

11. @JinCIncy your elf lobelia is truly a beauty! Love her in that skintone, the clothes and her faceup made her so alive :chibi

@Crissaegrim LMAO I can’t handle but laugh out at your description! That is so TRUE. Btw congrats on your Jude order, I almost did the same but in Sonoran beige skin, ouchhhh SJ darker skintone is quite pricy (referred to Sonoran beige and Amber beige)

@nancy_schroeder_ca congrats on your Zakary order, always love that smirky :blush

I really don’t know if I made the right decision, but I made it by the last minute. Too bad I didn’t go with SD size of Jude but 52 Zeus as SD is my standard collection size, this is my first SJ fashion size male doll and I wish he will impress me :XD:

12. nancy_schroeder_ca Yes! Let's look forward to lots of beautiful new sculpts! I hope they keep the old photos on their site for reference, for ideas of custom makeups for new dolls that are released.

#632 LilyAndRuby, Apr 25, 2022
      Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    13. I've officially made my first layaway payment for Jude and have now embarked on figuring out what colour I want his hair and eyes to be via photoshopping the faceup example picture.

14. I just made my first layaway payment for my Naomi! I've been lurking in this thread for a while.

15. @Crissaegrim,

A JUDE. I love JUDES. YOu won't be disppointed in a Peach Cream Jude. I love him in that color. COngrats. Here is what his skin shade will look like. This one is an Elf Jude tho, named T'alon

[​IMG]

@JinCIncy, Just love your Lobelia. She is so lovely. Really like her with this wig.

@SindarinWitch, Congrats on your Naomi. I also bit the bullet there and got me a Naomi as well. PC is the color I got her and I'm very excited to get her since I've always wanted one since I saw her and with this being the last chance. I couldn't pass it up and not have at least one Naomi.

#635 Bren, May 1, 2022
      Last edited: May 1, 2022
    16. I also got my Naomi in PC! I'm hoping I'll be able to pay her off sooner than planned so she can come home as soon as possible :3

17. Great. Will be nice to see yours.

18. @Bren I love the Jude sculpt and I couldn't bear to not have one since he was getting discontinued. What faceup is yours?

19. T'alon has a custom face up. The Jude I'm waiting for, I got face up B with the beard. Alas my last one. sigh. Which one did you get?

20. I went with the G faceup. Now I just have to decide on eyes, wig and clothes.