1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sculpts that looks like celebrities

Jun 18, 2019

1. I know there are dolls made after celebrities but do you guys find any particular sculpt that wasn’t meant to look like anyone actually happens to look like some celebrity?
      I can’t help but thinking Momonita dolls looks sooooo much like olympic figure skater Tara Lipinski :3nodding:

2. A lot of Iplehouse sculpts are based on celebrities. Allyiah, obviously, after Allyiah. And I swear that their Aburey look like Morena Baccarin from Firefly. There are many more too.

3. Dollmore Monica has always looked like Audrey Hepburn to me.

4. Agreed!!! Carina looks like Gal Gadot and Bane (carved heritage) looks like Luke Evans to me.

5. Yes!! I forgot to mention Allyiah but apparently it was meant to be.

6. Iple's Falcon looks like Jason Momoa. And there was one who looked like a young Brad Pitt.

7. Yes! I think it’s one from Dollshe?
      I also saw a dollshe sculpt that reminds me of David Garret.

8. That new rainmain sculpt Eva is Eva Green. She's spot on too. I love her.

9. Also I may be alone in this, but I've always thought Migidoll Ryu looks like Saoirse Ronan, especially when she was younger.

10. It was their Luo sculpt. I'm not sure, but I think he may have been their first that used a celebrity for 'inspiration'.

11. I have long noticed that many Iplehouse sculpts remind of some actors. Their Lawrence is obviously based on Jonathan Rhys Meyers' appearance and Drake looks like young Viggo Mortensen. Allyiah, Carina, Bane, Falcon and Luo have already been mentioned above, and may be there are more.

12. I like this thread a lot and have one to add:
      Happydoll Margo looks like a good start for a Marlene Dietrich to me .

13. The whole reason I wanted Gem of Doll's Carben/Karben is because he looked like a younger David Bowie to me.

14. Immortality of Soul's Bel Canto. I swear his promo site images look eerily similar to Adam Lambert. From the sassy smirk down to the color of his eyes and even the style and colors in his wig....he looks so much like Adam Lambert, I just can't see him as anyone else.

15. I think with a good faceup (mine obviously is not very good), the guy from my avatar can look like a serious Tom Hiddleston. He is a Leekeworld Lionel.

16. Following with the Iplehouse trend:

Stella is literally Taylor Swift, especially when paired with a small bust SID body. Even the sculpt name follows suit.
      Wendy would make an amazing Cara Delevingne.
      Soo is pretty much every baby-faced Korean pop idol ever.
      Vanessa makes a cute Elle Fanning.
      Ashanti = Jennifer Hudson.
      Isabel is definitely someone and I can picture her face but the name is slipping my mind atm.

Others:

Light Limner Selina and Ciera both work great for Isabel Lucas.
      Feeple65 Chloe makes a good Bingbing Fan, though slightly stylized eyes.
      Dollshe Amanda makes me think of several different people depending on faceup. Kesha is the main one.

And on a related note—if y'all know a good Priyanka Chopra and Lana Del Rey, you'd be my hero(ine) for the day.

17. My old school CP Delf Nanuri 2006 as Big Bang Theory Sheldon Cooper.
      [​IMG]shellie in suit by kcurry9, on Flickr

18. I've always thought Migidoll Ell looks strikingly like Justin Bieber when he was around 19/20. Even his profile is very similar. I had comparison photos at one time (when I had an Ell whose image was actually based on JB), but I can't for the life of me find it.