1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SD/MSD relationships?

Jun 14, 2005

1. Wasnt sure where to put this... but okay... I have my 60cm boy - Dolmani, and Im getting my 45cm girl (Sandia) in 7 weeks... x_x How many of you have "relationships" between a SD and MSD? Would it be funny? Dolis age changes on a regular basis - but Ive finally decided on 19... and Sandia will be around 17. She will come to about his shoulder... I mean - thats not completely unreasonable - Im short 5'1" and I come up to tall guy's shoulders... o.o What do you think?

2. I guess it might be a little weird if she was, say, MSD Marie, 'cause she looks like a little kid. Bee-A is much more mature than that.
      Plus, I know Ladylovemark has an El/MSD couple - the MSD, I believe she said, was actually older than her El.

3. Someone....I forget who, has a Bermann and Unoa couple. They don't look terribly disproportioned, rather cute acutally.

4. im 5'4" and most of my guy friends are 6'+...some even 6'5"+...so i would say thats fine proportions, im used to being short - so that sound perfectly natural proportions to me, unless she looked unusually young.

5. I think it would be fine. I come up to a lot of my guy friend's shoulders (and some of my girl friends o_o). She could just be petite. ^__^

6. There are some people that think since it's an MSD-size doll that automatically makes it shotacon.

That's just stupid.

I think it would be adorable.

7. I don't think height is the only consideration, there is the issue of proportion, too. When your girl arrives, if you like how the couple look standing next to each other (i.e., they don't look odd or out of proportion to you), then that's fine, isn't it? ^_^

8. I think that would be really sweet :grin:

9. As long as we're not getting explicit material between a doll you age 7 and a doll you age 20, I don't think it would be a problem at all.

Doll age is all in your mind anyway, I have a mini who's a couple of thousand years old, so as long as YOU believe that the dolls are such and such age (19 and 17 :daisy ), and YOU believe they make a cute couple it's perfectly fine! ^_^

10. I'm going to have that problem, too, but even worse - my minis are supposed to be around 16, and my full-size is supposed to be around 12 ^_^; They're from different stories, but I'd still like to get pictures of them together. I think it's going to be an exercise in creative photography *grins*

The extra features on the LotR DVDs will come in quite handy, too - they show you all sorts of different perspective tricks to get modify something's apparent size ^_- And, of course, there's always the old TV standard - stick the short one on a box. Hey, if it worked for Scully and Mulder...

Edit: I finally found the pics I was looking for - check out this post:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23214&highlight=silas

In this case, the girl's a fullsize and the boy's a mini, and the two of them hanging out doesn't look at all unnatural =) Reverse the genders and they could easily be a couple.

*grins*
      Cypher

11. Yeah Doli is SD sized. @_@ I didnt think there was that much of a size differance. XDDD I guess Ill have to wait for her to get home to decide if shell be his lover or his sister. XD;;; Hes patient - I however, am not. XD Completely OT: OMG I have to go to school in like... 2 minutes but Im sitting on my bed in my skivvies, reading DOA... XDDDD Whoooooo

12. My Madren (Customhouse Sram)'s lover, Fenrir is a DOD Yen.. Unfortunately, we (me and Fenrir's owner) live oceans apart, so we don't have a picture of them together... :(
      In fact, almost all of my dolls (and future dolls) will have a SD/MSD relationship.. I think it looks extremely adorable! :)

13. I'm planning to order an SD for my DS Hound, so similar kind of height difference :lol: but if you think it will be a good idea, go for it! I know that I think the idea is cute... but MSDs are really quite small.

14. the lovelyhouse site says 60cm....???

And SD to hound is a smaller difference... she should be about up to his lower shoulder

15. My Kohya is going to be romantically involved with bubonicapple's Calvin.

They're going to be zombie lovers.

:3.

16. I think she would be perfect to potray Claudia from the Anne rice books <3

17. Well, I thought about this, too. I have an MSD-girl, called Ophelia. She has a quite childlike face and is around 13. My incoming SD-boy will be around 25 years of age. I do not plan on pairing them up, but regarding what I have planned for the boys character it might happen that he falls for her. Which is a little weird.
      This is a classical case of lolicon, isn't it?

18. With the right faceup, she may just look reeeally small? I'm 4'11 and i dated a guy whi was 6'7, and i looked like an MSD walking with an SD for sure. Wendy only seems to date SDs, and as long as they're not standing, it usually seems normal.

19. Well, no, I like her the way she is now. Before I change her I'd rather accept lolicon. xD; Plus, my darling is a Rosette Doll from Soom. So she can't really look much older than she does now.