1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SDCute size (compared to Unoa and MiniFee and Narae and MSD)

May 6, 2007

1. I apologize for the n00bie question but I am just moving in to the SDCute size and have only had SD and Tinies before.

I would like to know what my incoming SDCute girl can wear as far as other doll clothes go so when I'm looking in the market place I can broaden my search.

Do SDCute girls wear the same size wigs/clothes/shoes as:
      Unoa:
      Narae:
      Minifee:
      MSD:
      Other Mini Dolls:

What size wig does an SDCute wear? 6-7"?

I apologize if this has been covered before but I searched and couldn't find anything about it.

Thanks!

2. SDC wears 6-7 yes~ I'm not sure about the other things though XD;;;

3. My SDC Kaede fits beautifully into a size 6-7 CanCan wig. Most wigs that say they fit Narae or Unoa will work.

4. great, thanks for the answers on the wig question :D

Now, I'd love to hear if they are the same size as Unoa and MiniFee :D

5. They are most definitely not the same size as unoa/minifee~ >_< Unless it is baggy/stretchy, Unoa-sized stuff will not fit SDCs. Tragic, I know... the real issue is the waist. But sometimes the tops will fit, especially when I had Kurenai, I remember it was easier to cram her into stuff cause she had the S-bust and therefore was totally flat.

They are closer to MSDs in size. I tend to look for tight-fitting MSD stuff, or the few thing made specifically for SDC girls that Volks sells (or... sold... they don't seem to be selling as much anymore :/) But even then, don't worry about it too much. I have lots of stuff that's sized for MSDs that looks perfectly cute on her, and not too baggy (some dollheart outfits come to mind).

Shoes are definitely MSD sized, they're not even loose on my girl. And yes, wigs are yo sized, as everyone mentioned, 6-7".

Are you getting a SwD Kaede, digital_grrl79?! Or someone else? :D

6. Yup, that's who I'm going to be welcoming into my home :D I'm so excited as everything she comes with is perfect but I am definitely looking to get her more outfits as well.

7. I just bought one of the hakama sets from the Osaka Dolpa that is supposed to fit an MSD or SDC. I found that it was quite tight across the chest of my Kaede. So even the Volks MSD/SDC is not guaranteed to fit!

8. Well, I just bought a SDC boy outfit for my MNF Soo, and it fits nicely! The pants are only a smidge too long, and the same goes for the shirt sleeves. But it creates this adorable "too big" look that matches with my Soo's personality! ^^ The hat doesn't fit too well though. XD

9. I had a Kurenai and a Ren, and from what I noticed, their proportions were different that Unoa and Mini Fees. SDC's are slimmer and have a more mature figure than MSD's, but, they are not nearly so curvy as Unoa and Mini Fee. Unoas and Mini Fee have small waists and very curvy hips, along with a prominent bust, but the figure of an SDC girl isn't so dramatic. IMHO, you'd probably do well with clothes for slimmer minis in general (like DoC, Soulkids, etc), including some Unoa clothes, though you may find that clothing that is made to be a tailored fit on Unoa or Mini Fee won't fit quite right on your Kaede.

I hope that helped, and big congrats on your new girl! :)