1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Secretdoll - Picture Doll Person - discussion part 5

Jun 3, 2015

1. I'm still waiting for an 8 also. They seem to be ignored in favor of perpetual variations on 21. :(

2. Is it ok to discuss the Ming, Meng etc in this thread too? Only I'm really excited to have just ordered Meng as a 'friend' for Valentine, my Person of the Past......well I say 'friend', Valentine is more likely to use her as a servant or scapegoat!!

Speaking of Valentine, she has the older body and her legs are a nightmare to pose, it's almost like one leg and foot aren't 'right' as it never works well. She's wired and hot glued but still it's a problem, almost like she has someone else's leg. Does anyone else have this problem and if so have you ever tried any modifications such as using hot water to reshape it in any way?

3. I hope we can discuss MMM, I have Ming and LOVE her. Body is different in a lot of ways though, so maybe for another thread?

4. Probably unable to discuss the original MMM body that is only jointed at shoulders and hips, but the new body with the joints at elbows, wrists, knees, and ankles should be okay.
      I'm really liking Meng, but as a boy. Love that tan!

5. I have one the way. Very excited!

#605 raggedraven, Oct 10, 2017
      Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    6. WOOHOO! Good choice! ;) (I have a 17 and a 21)

7. I just bought a person 21 yesterday second hand, and I am sooooo excited. Looks like I'm in good company with all of your adorable persons!

Wanted to ask...have any of you replaced eyelashes yet on your person doll? I'm anticipating having to do that to mine, and I'm wondering if there's anything you can share with me that would be helpful to know. Thanks!

#607 ahackner, Nov 8, 2017
      Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    8. I haven't put them in, I always take them out.
      And woohoo! Another 21! Congratulations!

9. I haven't replaced on my person, but I have replaced eyelashes on many dolls. Remove the eyes and make sure all putty. etc. is removed. Remove the old lashes and make sure no glue remains. Take the new eyelashes, apply a thin line of glue with a toothpick. Place the new lashes in the eye socket, setting towards the inside of the eye well. Let dry before replacing eyes.

10. Also I am just learning about eyes. My extra eyes have a very high dome and don't fit in her eye sockets very well (leaves a gap). Could anyone share which eyes they have used successfully for their person dolls?

11. Hi! I’ve read that the oval shaped eyes fit better when they have a dome top. Never tried though. I’m interested to hear what others say on this too.

12. Low domes definitely. I"m trying to think... I think my boys wear 12mm?
      *does a quick search* Yup! This is Wilson sporting some 12mm eyes from Doll Bakery in Bamboo.

[​IMG]Wilson - SecretDoll Person21 by aernath, on Flickr

13. Wow! What a cutie. Thanks for the details :)

14. My Meng has finally shipped, hopefully she will arrive quickly at my friends home in the UK and I can pick her up next weekend when I visit.

15. Congratulations! I hope to see photos somewhere. (Link when you do, please!)
      I was tempted by them.
      Hoping for a Person release for Christmas. (If I have $$)

16. I visited the UK last weekend and was able to pick up my little Meng who'd been delivered there from Secretdoll. Such a cutie! She has the tiniest freckles on her face, I didn't even realise this until I took her photos.....and that was even wearing my glasses!!! The body is so much nicer than that of my Person #21 (Person of the Past), who has the weirdest legs, and Meng stands better too. I'm very pleased with her! Now all she needs is a name.

[​IMG]

17. She is so cute, and I love her outfit. Congratulations!

18. She is a cutie! That sweater is perfect for her, and I love the wig!

19. oh my! have you ordered a Meng already? I am very tempted to order one too O.O.
      I love Ming V1 and Meng v2 which Meng have you ordered?

oh my God! She is adorable! Your Meng is so so adorable :)

#619 kir, Dec 3, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2018
    20. Thank you very much @coleen !

Thanks @aernath That sweater is by Feltland on etsy.

@kir she's the tanned Meng Volume 4 :)

Thank you @kir I'm glad you like her :)