1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Secretdoll - Picture Doll Person - discussion part 5

Jun 3, 2015

1. @dambuster01 my girlfriend and I ordered the same Meng, we are still waiting. We are wondering how long it took from ordering to shipping?

2. Oh that's weird, I hope yours comes soon. I ordered on the 13th September and she shipped on the 17th November. I just ordered her with her default faceup and the wig.

3. @dambuster01, your Meng is so cute she's making me want one! :D

However, I'm still waiting on my 2017 Summer Special Person 21, which I ordered on Aug. 27. My order status says "preparing for delivery" and there's a "shipping number" but it doesn't resemble an EMS number, so...:?

I'm dragging my feet on Q&A-ing them, but it's now past the 8-13 weeks they said would be prep time. This is the first time I've ordered direct from them, so I'm not sure of their ways :sweat

4. Oh, I am so tempted to order a Meng too, I am really in love with Meng v.1. I am a bit afraid of customs but who knows maybe she can surprise me for Xmas? ;)

5. *squeeee* This morning I found an email from Secretdoll in my inbox, letting me know my doll will be shipping, and an EMS tracking number :dance

Yesterday I tried to post to the Q&A board, but couldn't get it to show on list of Q&As. Just as well, I suppose. :3nodding:

6. I'm so glad to hear that you've finally got a shipping number @beamlette as that is a long time to be waiting.
      I also had trouble with their Q&As board, I wanted to ask them something and despite writing the message three times, it never once showed up. Also, even though I clicked on the US flag for English language, it never once came up in English, it was always in Korean!
      Anyway, I look forward to seeing your new baby when he/she arrives.

@kir yeah sadly Spanish customs is a nightmare but I got mine shipped to a friend in the UK and then collected it from my son when I visited him last week. UK customs is so much simpler to deal with and quicker too, plus no having to prove how much you paid for the item like you do with our customs!! I was fortunate in that my parcel sailed through without charges......Secretdoll will mark the parcel down for you if you ask! :)

7. Thanks, @dambuster01 :) The Secretdoll website is maddeningly arcane, and my Google Chrome browser is unpredictable when it comes to offering me the Google Translator on a page. Though I admit that the Secretdoll website works a little better than it did 3 years ago when I tried and failed to order a Circus person. I resigned myself to the concept that the Universe didn't think I should order from them then, lol! ;)

8. I can't wait to see your Person @beamlette! I have wanted the summer release the last 2 yrs but it always came when I was low on funds! This year I had to decide between Person and another doll, at the other doll won.

9. Me too, @coleen, lol! I wanted this particular Person to be Tancredi’s mini-me ;). I’ll take pictures of them together to post here. Hmmm, which doll won out over a Person — if you don’t mind me asking :3nodding:

10. Bimong's Narae40 with the new body. I always loved that doll but I was only collecting SD at the time. I've got all sizes now though my collection is not large. I'm glad I ordered her because he is now going to do a much more limited release.

Can't wait to see Tancredi's mini-me!

#630 coleen, Dec 6, 2017
      Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    11. [​IMG]Roeing Traveler by cinti_coleen, on Flickr

Here are my 2 Persons Madge and Melba. Madge, the driver, is a Person 21 and Melba, the passenger, is a Spring Cherry Blossom Narrow Eye 21. They dress in 50's repros of vintage Barbie outfits!

#631 coleen, Dec 6, 2017
      Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    12. Oh oh oh! I have finally found and purchased my dream Person!
      A few years ago I wrote Secretdoll asking if they would sell me a limited tan doll sans faceup. The answer was no, but just wait, very soon we are releasing tan skin for all of our dolls as regular option! I was over the moon! Well, that obviously never happened. (And just this year when I've poked them about it again, they have said they no longer think it is feasible. DRAT.) I've been searching ever since for my dream girl: 04, regular eyes, tan skin, double jointed elbows.
      I finally snagged one, an Aqua from 2014, and she'll be flying home from France next week.

Her name is Mumford. Pic is obviously not mine, but I did quick phone edit to play with possible face-up enhancement: freckles and black lips.

[​IMG]MUMFORD HAS BEEN FOUND! by Anne Pecaro, on Flickr

13. im not sure where else to ask this but do any of you know what scale dollhouse would look good with a secretdoll ming? I know she is about 6.8 inches tall which I think is too tall for the most common 1" scale dollhouse, but also seems too small for a 1/6 scale dollhouse.....

14. @coleen oh yay! They DO fit in the Lori car! I got the glamper, but was unsure if the Picture Persons would fit the car. Awesome! I know what I'm getting the boys for and now! lol

@MissEmily OH! She is going to rock that look! I love it! And congratulations!

15. I know the Lori Dollhouse is a good fit. I've seen some people make a 1/6 scale work, but that only works for me if your Persons are children in age.

And THANK YOU @aernath ! I am so excited to finally have her coming! I had a tan Person 17 (Person of the Past) ages ago. I loved her to bits, but she wasn't quite feisty enough for my Mumford. Person 04 has feisty in spades.

#635 MissEmily, Dec 9, 2017
      Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    16. ah the only lori dollhouse i see is too modern looking for my taste, and i'm getting ming and she looks like a child to me so i think 1/6 might work fine ^^ i never thought of it like that so thank you

17. I wanted to share that in a very short period of time, I now have a 21, 8, and 4 !! I had to have one of each because they are full of so much personality. I have now restrung and wired two out of three. I am so happy with the poseability. If anyone has been contemplating wiring their doll, I would say YES. As far as restringing goes, mine were all too tight, so it seemed like a good solution. The only challenge was getting the elastic cord into those tiny hands, but it is definitely worth it. Does anyone have experience with a loose/wobbly head? I have just ordered silicone rings and am going to see if that helps.

18. @aernath, I held off for awhile too because I wasn't sure. I bought it and left it in the closet for quite awhile. When I put them in the car for this picture it was perfect!

19. Has anyone had any luck finding the eyes that come with a person doll? I want more (replacements) but don't know where to find them.

20. @ahackner No, Secret Doll makes them. You could ask them if they'd sell you a pair! ^_^ Let them know they'd be replacements for Secretdolls that you already own. That might make a difference.

@Tinyalgae I was going to get a picture today, but didn't... :( But I got a Sparkle Mansion by Kid Kraft(?) from Sam's Club, and that's where my SecretDoll boys are hanging out (along with quite a few of my other tinies and YoSD sized resins). The Persons are a little small for the scale, but not so much that I mind. (and omg is it piiiink! but we're thinking of painting over it eventually...)
      I do need to get that photo for you... hopefully tomorrow we'll get some daylight...and I remember...

Hey, here's a link to someplace that sells it online (for reference only! I have no idea about this place!):
      Sparkle Mansion by KidKraft

Edit: Here we go, photo!
      My little 17 in the top right, laying on the couch, and my 21 in the center left, sitting in the chair (wearing a purple hat that was a keychain!).
      [​IMG]Sparkle Mansion by Kid Kraft by aernath, on Flickr

#640 aernath, Dec 13, 2017
      Last edited: Dec 15, 2017