1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Seller's remorse?

Oct 24, 2009

1. I would never sell my first doll personally~ you can't ever have a first again :) I'm sorry you have to sell one though :( but I would go for one of the others. keep the ones that make you happy and sell the ones that don't. that sounds harsh but I guess it's realistic~ GL!

2. hi there.

of course you will know best what is right for you. but i think - if you have 2 of the same molds, why not sell the one you are least attached to? you can always re-do the character later when you have the money. however, i do not think it is so easy to replace a first doll because of the sentimentality issue that you talked about. just my thought.

oh, and any doll i sold was because of the lack of sentimentality i had for the doll (even though i loved the mold) - so i never regretted it.

3. Orphansparrow, I think that's a pretty good plan. It will be hard to decide between the two since I love them both D:

4. I only have seller's remorse with the body of my first doll that I was so quick to sell it, not that I sold it at all. I don't regret selling it, but right now my girls are bodiless while I wait for the DDdy to be released! >.<

If my first doll's head was worth more, I'd consider selling her, but she's a vinyl head that retails very low to begin with, and is stained on top of that, so it's not worth the pennies I'd get for her. For my first doll I snatched up a deal on the marketplace on 13doll to "try out" BJDs, to see if I was interested in dolls in the 1/3 scale, and had trouble bonding with her from the first day. I kinda feel like I missed out on the mythical "first doll" experience. I'm totally head over heels with my second doll, my B&G Freya, though. I wonder if I should give her the "first doll" status. But I am still trying to bond with the first doll and aren't ready to banish her to a drawer yet. Arg... :sweat

If I had to sell a doll, to afford a LE or because I needed the money or whatever, I'd sell the one most easily replaced. Possibly only the bodies, while keeping the heads.

5. So far, I've sold a few heads, and only one full doll. I didn't feel much remorse about the heads, but the full doll... I find myself missing him every so often.

He was a DZ Yuu... I was really intrigued with the sculpt, but upon receiving him, I had some bonding issues. I gave him three different face-ups, and couldn't get him to work for me, so I decided to put him up for sale. I did a custom face-up at the buyer's request, and put a new wig/eyes in him, and suddenly I started liking him. But he was already sold, so it's not like I could just cancel the sale =P He did go to a very good home, though, so I'm grateful for that. Still, I miss him, and may end up getting another one someday...

Right now I'm waffling about putting another up for sale. I feel like she's not getting the attention she deserves. Though I'm still indecisive there...

One thing I don't like is the idea of selling my dolls for rent/bill money. I've only sold them in the past if I had no space for them and/or they weren't getting enough love. I know plenty of people do it, and that's fine, but I would rather not part with mine for that reason.

6. I've never sold or considered selling one of my dolls...but if I did(and that would be VERY unlikely) it would be very difficult for me to decide who would go. I'm attached so dearly to all of them, both sentimentally and the sculpts in general. Given Faelan(my first doll who I will NEVER part with) and Moses(who was gift so I wouldn't sell him anyway) are both totally standard dolls and I could buy them back if I sold them...but it wouldn't be the same.

Korin is so unique it would break my heart to let him go(and I wouldn't let him go anyway because he was a gift from my mom).

Kire is my most beloved character and helped me get through difficult times.

Mikal is the newest boy...I suppose if I had to part with anyone he would be the first one and probably only one I'd consider...but Kire would hate me so!

7. I have sold off a couple of dolls before ...and i dont regret it , as it was to fund another doll ...and i would rather more i cherished than a huge amount.

8. I only felt sad once when I sold a really special doll for me that thought would be easy to replace once she was a basic doll (I sold just to buy another one and she totally worth my sadness :D ) but I already tried two times and I just don't get the same face-up :doh
      The worse is that the new owner doesn't seem to care about her and she is probably in a box (no photos, no play with and most of times the doll is in her friends house... but she doesn't want to sell her back :...()
      I will keep trying to get a doll like her or a different one that can be like her to me :aheartbea but if we must to let a doll go we can feel sad but no regrets, after all, we must to, it means no choice;)

9. Did you ever sell a doll, only to really regret it later?
      Well, not as such, though I have occasionally bought the same mold more than once!!
      I wouldn't mind having Volks Chii land in my lap again, though!

If so, is it a matter of missing the doll you bonded with, or just become re-attracted to the sculpt in general?
      As for Chii, it's because when she landed in my lap the first time, I wasn't familiar with her story, and didn't really know what to think of her, for all she was a cute doll. Now I am familiar with the story, and really adore the character.

Did you find you missed the versatile sculpts more than dolls that had some sort of sentimental value?
      Well Chii's not so versatile, I suppose, which is why I parted with her in the first place. Yeah, I could make a "Chii type girl" persocom or whatever, but there's only one Volks Chii.

How did you get over the remorse? Did you just wait it out? Or did you use the proceeds to invest in something you liked better?
      I didn't have remorse for a long time. Actually I still don't really feel all that remorseful, but I would love to find another Chii. I know it's not likely but if it happens it'd be all the more wonderful for it. At the very least I'm very thankful I had her once before. Not many can say that perhaps!

Raven

10. I do not sell my dolls until I am ready.

Thus when I sell them I do not regret it

11. I typically never do even with dolls I was bonded with at one time. Big exception was Vesuvia. I had terrible remorse over that one >_< I regretted it so much, but I am mostly fine now. I wouldn't do it over differently either, as I needed the money so its like practicality wins.

12. I have yet to sell a doll but I know that if it was a matter of being forced to sell my dolls I couldn't sell Fran or Adrian, and Corrin would be hard to part with. (they are all Abio Angels and I love them to death, that and Adrian was my first doll)

I could though turn around and sell my Beth, Daq, or Eavan.... Bobobie eline, a ping ping, and soom cuprit.

They would be easiest to sell for me as I am not as attached to them as I am to my abio's.

13. I've sold one doll I was highly attached to. I just needed the money too badly.

I'll never re-buy the sculpt. I was in love with THAT doll. Not the sculpt. She was also my FIRST BJD. I've seen others on the marketplace for cheap, and I just can't do it because they wont be my first doll again. She's gone, on to her 4th owner now, I believe.

I very much regret selling her instead of someone else. But I knew she'd sell the quickest, being a puki with lots of fairlyland extras.

I think if you have to make a decision, you're going to have to go with the one you feel least attached too. Which one doesn't make you swoon. And I very much wouldn't suggest selling your first. If you have two of the same sculpt, which character are you less attached too.

14. Personally, I'd probably sell one of the ones that you have 2 of, that way you'll still have a more diverse collection. But yes, it can be very hard to decide who to let go of. Generally if the doll doesn't make my heart go pitty-pat anymore, that'll be the one to go. But lately I've been having to make some hard decisions as I've really needed money plus am just overwhelmed with dolls.

Somehow though, once I decide to sell a certain doll, I'm able to release my attachment to it. I'm not sure how that happens, perhaps it's just accepting the reality that it has to go. While there are dolls that I'd have preferred not having to sell, I don't have sellers' remorse afterwards. I just enjoy the ones I have all the more. I never plan to replace a doll I've sold. I figure if I was able to let go of it once, it'd just be the same thing again when finances dictacted selling.

15. I had a doll I loved, in fact two, but in the end they turned out to not be 100% right for their characters so I have sold them on, and will be replacing them with new dolls that are perfect. This was not a rash decision, I have ahd the dolls in question for a few years, so no hurry on my part. I just got the new head for one of them and it is so perfect I know I will never regret my decision to make the change.

16. A lot of dolls have come and gone while I've tried to find the ones that fit for my particular characters. There have really only ever been two dolls that I've regretted selling. Considering the odds, that's not too bad!

I regretted trading my Souldoll Paris even before I mailed him out. I think I was just having a rough time in my personal life, but I remember sniffling a little. I've never replaced him, but would like to. Unfortunately, the ones in the Marketplace are too expensive for me as he has been discontinued.

The second was my Soom Euclase, who I sold to help pay the closing costs on my house. If I could go back in time, I would still have sold him though. I love my house! But I do still miss him.

Part of it may be that after selling/trading those sculpts, I no longer have those characters as dolls. Maybe at some point I'll replace them with different sculpts, and I wonder if that would dull the seller's remorse...

17. Did you ever sell a doll, only to really regret it later?

Very much so! I sold a Yo Puff, mostly due to personal issues with the doll that had to do with some nasty things which were said to me ABOUT the doll, and I have regretted it every day since!

If so, is it a matter of missing the doll you bonded with, or just become re-attracted to the sculpt in general?

In my case it is an issue of missing the little boy whose character was held in that doll. I never really stopped liking the sculpt itself but I developed problems with the boy over things which were said to me about him.

Did you find you missed the versatile sculpts more than dolls that had some sort of sentimental value?

I get very attached to things on a sentimental level so that is really most important to me.

How did you get over the remorse? Did you just wait it out? Or did you use the proceeds to invest in something you liked better?

I am considering buying the boy again the future when the funds are available to me. I never really got over this one.

-Should I sell my first doll, which I am attached to mainly out of sentimental reasons, not out of a love for the sculpt itself?

Personally I would hang onto that first doll. I do not really care for the sculpt of my first doll anymore but I tend to get a bit to sentimental over such things and though I have considered selling her I can never bring myself to it.

-Or should I sell my favorite sculpt of all time, which I have two of?

Were I in your position I would probably go with this option. But I can't really speak for how emotionally attached you are to your dolls.

18. There's only one I've ever had any regrets about.

I was fond of the doll when I had her, and I definitely let her go before I was really ready to, but when the opportunity to re-aquire her came up, I chose not to. After some thought, I decided that my collection as a whole had moved on. I have different priorities and different goals than I had when I originally owned her.

I do have to say that knowing I *could* have had her back, but ultimately still decided against it, has cleared up any doubts I might have had. The regrets I had about her have more or less been resolved.

19. 9 times out of ten I sell a doll because it just didn't work. I didn't like the face, or the body didn't pose as well as I hoped. But there has been times when I had to sell due to money needs and a couple I regretted selling due to the needs out weighing the doll. It was my Pale Tan Dollshe Saint who I know is in a good home and if buyer ever has to sell he will be back here no questions asked. As well as one of my MSD kids, but good news he is coming back, it will take time to pay him off, but happy he is coming home. But no others have I regretted selling. More like regretted buying.

20. i usually would sell the doubles if i really needed monies.... [except for my LEs]

but hrm for me i kinda sold my aaron, to someone i know that will love him, i do regret abit since it was a character indevelopment, but the nagain i was really not putting any much effort in it, so i rather he go somewhere he'll get attention XD