1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Seller's remorse?

Oct 24, 2009

1. I am mainly focusing on selling adoll due to family emergencies, personal emergencies, etc. Situations that force you into that. I just sold my beloved Brownie Canela, and to be honest las night i did cry :(

Do you experience anything like that?:(

2. It already happened to me to have difficulties to sleep about solding a doll because I was between the; Need money and Like the mold questions but sometime I just feel the doll is not my taste anymore and I need to sold her to someone who will appreciate the doll more than me

3. yes. i didnt cryed, but it tortured me.
      i kinda unbonded with a doll and i wanted to have one i would REALLY love. but it was so hard selling him! i spend alot of time and worked so hard on him and i was still a bit attached to him )':
      now hes sold on layaway, and just yesterday after watching a few pics i felt like contacting the buyer and telling her im not selling him anymore. but i didnt. and i cant. i have already spend the first payment :sweat

4. no, I never missed a doll I sold, I always thought well about selling a doll, so only if I didn't do anything with it for a long time, or just didn't bond with it..

5. The trouble is when u have a sudden family dark patch. Even as bonded as i was with my lil one, i am far more bonded to my daughter obviously, but still i let my dolly go with a heavy heart :P :P

6. I felt bad when I sold my BBB Erin because she was a gift from my boyfriend. But she just wasn't what I had in mind for the character, and he understood. But I still feel bad about it ><

7. After selling my Kyle Reese, I admit I miss him a little, though I think it's mostly missing having a big ol' doll plopped on my desk. I'm sure once I get a Luo, my feelings over my old doll will vanish.

...if not, I'll have to save for another Kyle Reese~ :D

8. I feel seller's remorse almost every time (I've had a few dolls I didn't like EVER after I got them) but most dolls I feel a pang, a couple I've really, REALLY missed (one of which I rebought). When you're broke, you're broke, though, and the dolls are usually the first things I think of when I need money.

9. I agree, although not broke, the stuff my daughter uses can only be bought in the US, which means gettin it in BULK , and paying a gigantic custom charge. The priced fethed by my lovely, will be enough to pay the custom charges without touching our personal savings :P

10. Only once have I regretted selling a doll. It's not that I minded his being gone - he just wasn't working for me - insomuch as that he sustained some rubs and nicks in transit and was instantly rejected by his new owner because of them. I felt horribly guilty when I saw him for sale again within days - cleaned up and looking pretty much exactly as he had when he left here. Yeah, yeah. Dolls can't feel bad. But their former owners can... :(

11. I've sold one full doll and numerous heads, but I can't say I've ever felt even a moment of remorse: if I still wanted said dolls and was getting something positive out of them then I wouldn't have let them go in the first place, and after selling them I only feel pleased at a little extra cash (naturally!) and at the fact that the doll has gone on to a better home with an owner who will love it and pay it the attention that it wasn't getting with me - I love to come across photos in the gallery months or years later of a doll I sold to someone and see that that person is still getting pleasure from the doll: that's probably the best part of the whole seller's experience for me, in fact.

12. I don't have my doll yet but I'm sure that once I do, I will never sell or give him away.
      Mostly because, they may not be alive, but a doll is the owner's creation, much like a child. We choose their eyes, their hair, their features and their name. With time we see or thing of their personality and soon enough they are unique.

I believe it's like a real child, if you can't take care of it, you must think well about getting it, once you have it, it's your responsibility.

On the other hand of course, it's a valuable and expensive item, and the person's well being comes first. Starving or going through hard times because of a doll wouldn't be wise...

I'm not helping at all am I ?

If you do need to sell one doll though, I say, go for the second. The first will always and forever be your first, and even if you don't like the sculpt as much, I'm sure that was the one that started it all and in future years will be the one to make you the most nostalgic.

Now hope, this helps :)

13. I am thinking about selling my first dollfie.

I love her to death and wouldn't sell her for the world, however...
      I have damaged her and will probably continue damaging her, because she is so old.

She needs a new home where someone can properly take care of her, unlike myself v.v

I know for a face I will regret it, but it's for her greater good. She needs someone who knows what they are doing.

14. I've had this problem with a few dolls that I've owned. I had a Dreaming El head whose eyes had been modded strangely, and elf ears added on that made him unique, but I sold him because the character changed and I thought that I could find a new mold for him, but the moment he left, I regretted it. I tracked him for a while on the boards, and he's been through several owners, then lost him for a short time again.

I found him once more recently, and traded someone to get him back, but his eyes had been modded out of the unique shape and into a more standard, cookie-cutter El shape and he just wasn't the same again.

I also swapped two of my elf Chiwoos recently, one to a very good friend who graciously traded him back to me and he's sitting on my desk, but the other one I'll probably never see again, which is sad, because he was my favorite doll for a while.

I have 2 that I'll never sell, because they mean too much to me for me to sell them: my first doll, Morgan, and his twin, Soren. But, I've thought about selling some of the others.

15. To date I haven't regretted selling any of the dolls who have gone, but I actually listed Jasper, my Mihael, for sale some time ago out of financial and emotional desperation...and when I started to think about not having him here, I did get a bit of lip quiver. I know they are objects, but the money didn't seem like it would really be of more benefit than the sadness I felt over not having him. Other than that, I hope that the ones who have moved on have brought happiness to their new owners. I had a tiny pang for a Sharmin when she popped back up in the BJD world, as she was my first BJD, but it was momentary.

16. Any regret I've had over selling a doll has generally been minor if any - and only for a moment. I think it's harder when you're forced to sell a doll due to things like finances though. I've had to do it before but the dolls I had at the time were new and I was abit dissapointed with one of them. It's a very different feeling than if you were just not into the doll anymore and decided there was another you could love more.

17. I traded my Laveder Machina back in Feb or March for some Heliot hooves. Right as I was packing her up I felt horrible. Course could not back out so I mailed her off with a sad sad heart. Saw her up on the bored too a few days ago and was going to buy her back but she sold before I had the money seller did not do a layway so maybe I will get lucky and she will pop back up. I have only missed two dolls this much and one I was able to get back.

18. I bought a really lovely doll in January of this year - Not an expensive one, but one who'd been on my wishlist since I first got into the hobby. About two weeks after I got him, I fell ill, lost my job and tumbled headlong into depression. Obviously, I didn't have time to do much with him - Just a faceup and a pair of privacy trousers. I had other priorities.

Ten months later, I'd pulled myself up by my bootstraps, retrained into a new career and planned to move to Japan. I felt awesome. I got back into dolls, and pulled him out of storage to get back to - He was my beautiful, long-awaited favourite, after all... Turned out, he wasn't anymore. I couldn't look at him without immediately being dragged back to January. I put him on the marketplace, and a few weeks later traded him for a pair of Bisou Ai. I felt pretty low about having been unable to seperate the doll from the event.

Of course, now I can't get attached to the Bisou Ais either, because I know that they're the direct progeny, so to speak, of the traded doll. So they're going too. It almost feels like breaking a curse. Maybe once they're converted back into money, and the money's gone into something less tactile, I'll start buying dolls again.

19. I dither a lot over selling dolls, worrying that I'll regret it afterwards but when they're gone I don't regret it and am glad that I did so :)
      The only slight regret I've had was for my Luts Lu-Wen "Gull." I had a few twinges after he was gone but I didn't really regret letting him go; the money from his sale went on my dream doll Sard :D

20. Oh, I've had seller's remorse so many times. In fact, after selling a doll, if it goes back up for sale and I have the money, I'll try and buy them again. This happened with my Volks Sunlight MSD F-13. I had to sell him due to needing extra money for gas for a long commute I was making. I was so sad to sell him...

Imagine my surprise, over two years later, when he came back up for sale again! I was so thrilled! And of course purchased him right away.

Thankfully, I'm no longer in a position where I need to sell dolls for extra cash. So when I come to the decision to sell, it's usually because I am looking to get something more suitable for that character, or I just have no desire to own that doll anymore.