1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Seller's remorse?

Oct 24, 2009

1. I think I've sold about as many dolls as I currently own lol but I only regret one. My Migidoll Miho head. I had loved the doll as he was, but saw a new sculpt that would fit the character !!so much better!! (right) so I bought that one and sold of the Miho. It took a few weeks but I realized it wasn't going to work. He went to being one of my favorites to photograph to sitting on the shelf being untouched. so I sold that head intending to get a Miho again but got a head from a friend and used that instead.

I was really ok with the one I have until recently when I was looking at all the photos I had taken of him with his first head...and again realized I don't have any of him with his new head after the first few shots. So this one will go up for sale too. I will get a Miho again dammit *shakefist*

Or possibly a Jina ;)

Why should I learn from my mistakes?!?

2. A few years back I had to sell the first doll I ever bought, a Super Dollfie Kira. I loved her with all my heart but I was in dire straights and had to sell her. The minute I shipped her out I regretted it and have ever since. Now that my life is back on track and I can actually start saving for a new doll, I've been thinking of trying to find an SD Kira (or Nana as she was the original doll I fell in love with.) Or should I move on and pick up one of the new dolls I've come to love?

Have you ever had to sell a doll? Then regretted it?
      Tried to find that doll again? Or just moved on?

3. If you're haunted by the loss of your Kira, I think it's a wonderful idea to buy another. It will soothe your bad feelings about having to sell your doll and you can move on after that. I've also regretted selling a doll and replaced her as soon as I could.

4. Yep. Had a Soom Skoll. He was adorable. But didn't think I'd do much with him. So sold him to a friend...I missed him! He was so cute...so when Soom had the event where they released him again, I got one!

5. If you still love that doll and want to fill the gap with the same doll go right ahead! I'd hate to have something like that gnawing away at me it seems like you were especially close because she was your first. I do hope that you can replace her. :)

6. I have, actually. I have sold 3...yes THREE Dollzone Hids and recently found myself considering buying one again. My first was WS and I still liked the sculpt but did nothing with him. Three months later, I decided Hid was perfect for a different character but I needed him in NS-Y. A couple of months later, I was offered yet another NS-Y Hid in a trade and I accepted. he was modded and worked for a different character. I upgraded most of my MSDs last year, so both were sold. But recently, I considered Hid yet again, but in tan skin, for a child character.

Another I've regretted was my Obitisu Haruka boy. I sold him because he was the old 60cm body that was female, only turned male my the chest piece and it really bugged me that he had thunder thighs, tiny waist and feet and no male parts. He was also my only SD at a time when my full collection was MSD and I couldn't bond because he was so different. I sold him about 2 years ago. Now, I'm looking at Haruka again for a new boy, but this time he'll be on the 55cm male body.

7. It wasn't so much that I had to sell mine, but I did have a few regrets out of all the the dolls I've sold over the years.

I regretted the sale of my Migidoll Miho shortly after he was gone. Miho was and still is one of my favorite molds, but I thought another mold would work better for his character...As soon as he was gone I realized I'd been crazy XD
      It took awhile but I did get another one, I've been having issues with his body, but the head? NOT selling XD

Another doll I regretted getting rid of was my MNF Karsh. I'd been thinking of selling him anyway and stuff happened and it didn't help that I was angry at FL and hating all my MNFs...long story short I bought another one and am happy with him, I don't plan on getting rid of him again.

Another regret is one of my other MNFs...my Shiwoo (sold for the same reason I started wanting to get rid of my Karsh). I had gotten him under certain circumstances, so even if I get another Shiwoo, I'm not sure it would be the same. But every time I see one I wonder if I should just cave...I dunno. Maybe someday I'll try it again....

8. You already know you loved Kira just the way she was, so it would be a relatively safe bet you'd love her again.

I've never "had" to sell a doll, and I haven't regretted any that I sold, as they weren't right for me and my doll family. BUT... I did trade away an Iplehouse Freezia to get my first DollZone 70cm guy. And though I would never regret getting him, I do sort of miss Freezia, as in my mind she was the nearest thing to perfect I had found for a particular character who has eluded me for years. So I am considering buying one again.

Linda S.
      galatia9

9. I've been lucky enough to replace a couple I regretted selling - even found the same exact head (with still-untouched faceup despite going through a few owners since me) up for sale years after the fact.

I think you should go for the Kira first. She'll always eat at you, otherwise, and your missing her might lessen your pleasure in any other dolls you got instead. You'd just end up with her anyway, may as well start with her and have a happy homecoming!

10. I know some people who have had to let go of some dolls either because: 1.) They're not bonding too well with the doll, 2.) The doll doesn't fit in with the rest of the members of their doll family or 3.) Real life emergencies that require financial support. I've never had to sell one--and I don't think I will be anytime soon--but I think the one thing that makes it comforting is if you sell it to a friend that doesn't live too far away so that you can still see your doll from time to time. I bought one of my dolls from a friend who didn't see him fitting in with her doll family, and she often tells me she's glad I bought him because she sees how happy he makes me.

11. I am in the process of letting go of my first MSD that I purchased only a couple of months after I bought his from his first owner. I somehow didn't bond with him the way I thought I would. however, now that it's coming up to the final payment on him from the layaway plan I established with another doll owner on Facebook, I am going through some emotional turmoil. Some days I forget the joy I had when i first found him at a Swap Meet at an anime convention. Other days I feel heartbroken that I chose to let him go because of financial reasons. And despite how I found another doll that might fill that void, I still have regrets.

12. I think if you HAVE to it'd be better to sell the doll you have 2 of. At least you'd have another then.
      But I wouldn't sell any if you're not entirely sure.. You can always re-buy the sculpt (if it's not limited obviously) but it'll never be the exact same doll that you had :(

13. I've sold several with no regrets. One thing I do if I'm a bit unsure is price the doll kind of high. I don't like the idea of "feelers" because it could get someone's hopes up only to disappoint them if I decided to keep the doll. So, I set the price up high enough that if anyone bought it, I wouldn't have any regrets. (I'll admit that I'd part with any of my dolls for enough money.) Once the doll's been on the MP a while, I get a better idea of if I really want to part with it for certain, and then I start to lower the price accordingly or close the sale's thread.

A few things I consider when I'm thinking of selling are: Is this a doll I could find again later? If the answer is "no", it makes the choice a lot harder. For these dolls, I give them a lot of makeovers to be sure that it's never going to work out before I list them at a low price. If it's just a body or blank head, I have no qualms about trying to get rid of it ASAP.

14. I didn't see another topic like this so sorry if it's a repeat!

Have you ever had regrets about selling one of your dolls? Have you ever wanted them back? Did you maybe end up re-buying the same sculpt just to have them back?

I had a Choco-Puki from Fairyland a couple years ago. I liked her well enough, thought she was pretty, but I came into a situation where I needed some money and I felt like we hadn't bonded, so I sold her. After that I sort of took a break from my dolls due to personal life things but coming back now, I regret selling her. Unfortunately I can't buy another and I haven't seen any for sale here or elsewhere so I can't re-create that doll. And it wasn't even a situation where I had to have the money for something important (i.e. bills) so I feel extra rotten about it.

Anyone else have selling regrets?

15. Ahah, I had an experience with this recently. I sold off one of my dolls a while back for money, and I regretted it very much. Well, that same doll is now on the marketplace, and a piece of me is tempted to buy him back. I must be insane!

16. Kind of. Usually, I don't regret selling dolls off. Once they're gone, I'm done. But I did buy two more DZ Hid heads after selling mine, however, I sold a WS doll, and rebought in NS. I've sold bodies, then later wished I still had them for new characters. Mostly out of convenience, not because I really missed a specific body.

17. Only slightly. I sold my F16 and I'm now considering rebuying the sculpt. Fortunately it is such a common sculpt that, even if Volks does not produce them again, it should still be relatively easy to secure one.

18. Yep, after I sold my Volks Lieselotte I really regreted doing that! I'm hoping to buy her again some time soon!

19. A little..
      For my Minifee Woosoo VE. Basically ordered him with the muscular body because it was 10 days shorter than the a la carte and my impatience got the best of me... but the muscular body made me dislike him a whole lot. >_<
      Been considering reshelling him as a regular Woosoo with the normal body, lately.