1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Seller's remorse?

Oct 24, 2009

1. I'd never sell my dolls because I know I'd regret it. I'm Ok with selling other possessions though.

2. The only doll I regret selling is my tan Dark Elf Soo. I think she's pretty much irreplacible but I really needed the money at the time & someone was looking for one. Other than that, I don't even remember most of the dolls I sold. It was generally because I couldn't bond with the doll or I needed the cash badly.

3. I sometimes regret selling my Mnf Elf Shiwoo, Mnf DES, and pukipuki cupid a couple of years ago whenever I first left the hobby. I had thought I was done with the hobby as I got to a point where I rarely even took them out anymore, and had little desire to even take pictures of them, let alone do photostories like I once did. My relationship with my ex-husband and his very negative opinion of BJDs in general had a lot to do with this, but that's another thing entirely. So I sold them to my friend and photostory co-author since I knew they'd get more attention from her than from me.

At the same time, though, I don't think I would buy them back if given the chance. There's a lot of negative emotions and memories attached to those dolls for me now, and I almost think that I miss the time of my life when I first got them and was really creative with them more than the actual dolls themselves.

Luckily, though, since coming back to the hobby I managed to obtain my grail doll, and am working up to doing photostories again one of these days!

4. I have no regrets after selling two of my dolls. I never felt a real bond with them and never developed their characters. I used the money I got for them to buy a body for my remaining floating head to create an important oc so I'm happy about it:)

5. I have sold A LOT of dolls over my time in the hobby, and I can't say I really regret selling any of them. Sometimes I think I would like to own the sculpt again, but not to recreate the original doll but to try something new with it.

6. I had bought three Pukifees thinking I would love them in person. When I received the first one I realized the size wasn't going to work, and when I received the others I had to find other homes for them.
      I absolutely love looking at their pics, so I hope I don't regret parting with all of them.
      It's just hard for me to keep a very expensive doll if she's not what I fully want.

7. I've sold a few dolls and none of them I've really regretted. I plan on buying one of them back but she's a basic and I needed the money more than I needed her around. Plus, she was getting a makeover so it was no big deal.

HOWEVER, I recently sold a Fairyland Minifee Siean elf - an event head from valentines day, and I'm seeing so many beautiful Sieans in the minifee thread and on flickr and tumblr and I desperately wish I hadn't. I do think I will try to get her back one day. I hope fairyland releases her as a human head.

8. No. I only sell a doll when I don't bond or when the bond I had is gone, so I never felt any regret. I did have someone regretting selling to me one and despite promising the doll would be sold to me once it was back from a faceup, they decided to keep the dolls. It really affected me since it was my dream doll and I considered leaving the hobby then.

9. Right now, the doll I have (a Minifee Breakaway) is a gift to me from the local meetup group and as such, I could never part with him. I mean... maybe I could sell the body since MNF bodies are so readily available... but the sculpt itself? Absolutely not. I had to sell my first doll Erik (a Minifee Mirwen) due to financial problems at home after finally owning him and having him for a month, and I still regret it a little, although I'm happy that he's found a new home and I'm happy that the whole financial circumstance is over with. Most likely, one day when I get the money again, I'll get him back. :) (Or at least just get a Mirwen sculpt again due to the nostalgia of said first doll.)

10. I sold the first doll I got in the middle of a major depressive episode. About two months later her new owner sold her on to someone else, and I have no idea what became of her. That is the only part of her sale that made me regret it. I didn't find her a good home. I wasn't mentally capable of it at the time. I have been very careful about the dolls I have gotten since. All are second hand, apart from the Loongsoul doll I am waiting for, and they will be staying with me. My MNF in particular has had at least four owners including me, from what I have been able to piece together of her past. I am not one of those people who believe dolls have souls, but after my experience with selling one, I feel a little odd treating them like any other piece of property. I can't imagine ever selling one again.

11. No, I haven't had regrets about selling. I've sold some beautiful dolls, but they just were not quite right for me or I didn't want to put forth the effort to finish them. If I'm wary about selling a doll due sentimental feelings or fears that I could never get the sculpt back again, I'll price it a bit high at first to give myself time to make sure it's want I want to do. Once I know for certain that I want the doll gone ASAP, I lower the price.

Selling dolls often makes me regret buying them, since you rarely get a decent amount of money back for used doll, and selling is so stressful.

12. So far, no, but then I haven't sold many. Mostly just floating heads I picked up on a whim because I wanted to try painting them to see what I could create.
      I think I do better with fewer dolls but my problem now is that I really adore all the ones I have at home and even though I feel it might be too many I can't narrow down any I think I could do without. So for now I'm not selling anymore until/if something changes because I know I would regret it.

But to avoid that, I do try to make a point of not falling for limited dolls so they would be easier to replace if I did sell them then regret it XD

13. A while ago I sold all my YoSD-sized dolls except for one (his character is very important), because I just can't seem to handle the size and all my YoSDs are doomed to just sit around forever :/
      I also sold my MNF boy because while I liked him there was just...I don't know. I didn't know what to do with him and instead of having him standing around, gathering dust and looking nice I decided to sell him.

All three dolls I sold went to beautiful new homes.
      My first little boy went to a friend who actually owns his twin sister, and while it wasn't easy to give him away it was better like that.
      My second boy was send to the US and I met a lovely collector that way that really adores my work and loves him to bits, he got a new (doll) family and everything is fine.
      My MNF boy was bought by someone who really, really loves him, she was so happy to get him and was a pleasant buyer to deal with.

However, while most of the time I don't think about them very much I still feel a bit sad every time I look at photos of them, especially of the two little ones. I'm gladly able to see the first one regulary, and I know if I had the second one back he would again sit unused around for years here, but still...after all they were a part of my collection for years.
      But I know now that YoSDs are not supposed to be here, I prefer to play with the ones my friends own, and accept that.

14. I've only sold one doll and a head, and I don't regret it. I sold them because I knew I wasn't bonding with them. I just didn't enjoy them nearly as much as my other dolls, so I wanted them to go somewhere where they would be played with more :)

15. I didn't sell much dolls at all, only one full doll and a couple of heads... I don't think i'd ever post a sales thread if i'm not sure.

16. I do a lot of selling in this hobby but I've never really regretted anything(: Occasionally I miss my Soom Chrom but I would never buy one again so it doesn't really bother me. I also missed my Luts Miyu for a bit right after selling her, but now Fairyland made her an F60 :aheartbea

17. The only doll I regretted letting go of was my Yo-tenshi Kasumi. I got her in a trade, and then traded her off after giving her a new face-up. To be very honest, I still don't like the Kasumi scupt, and I would never get another one...but it was just the face-up, and the character all combined that I miss.

18. I regret selling my Crobidoll Marisol without even giving her a try back then... I thought I had made a mistake in buying her and was hasty in selling her... Now I keep thinking if only I could have her back, I would... :(

19. Oh, I clearly remembered I used to regret selling Luts Atlack Nacha El long time ago.
      Yet, he will always be my top favourite male in my BJD hobby due to his "changing expressions"
      If I have a choice, I'd like to exchange my DoD Sha with this doll...

20. I do quite a bit of selling while I figure my way, and there was one doll I regretted letting go of.

Thankfully, though, I was able to bring another one home a year or so later. I gave him a different name since it is a different sculpt (pong instead of piki), but his spirit is still the same. He's still a little bugger. :lol: