1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Separation Anxiety: When you just can't let go...

Jan 11, 2009

1. When we moved into this most recent house, I did not want my boy in the way. So, I packed him up and he went over to a friends house. I think it was about two-three weeks that I didn't have him home, and by the end of that time, I started having separation anxiety. She sent over pictures of him for me though, which made me feel so much better, just seeing the picture.

SO! If you have your doll staying at your friends house for a long period of time, make sure they send you pictures!

2. this is almost exactly the thread i was looking for!

i had a slightly similar experience recently. except i didnt get as far as selling. or even putting up for sale.

ive been saying since i got my first doll that im very lucky cause i got my "dream doll" first. Dollmores Kara Klum is still, eight dolls later, my favorite. there is not another doll ive ever seen anywhere, in person or online that i like as much as i like him. im not kidding....despite all the fabulous dolls out there and the ones i have myself, he still remains my dream doll. i love him. i was miserable when he was gone for two months getting a faceup. when im upset this is the doll i go to (after the cat XD) if the house was burning down id grab him first (after both cats).

there was only one thing id have changed and it never really mattered to me cause he was still perfect in my eyes.

i would have liked to have him in White Skin.

so almost a year after i get him, here he is available in White Skin. so unfair. and its a Limited, so its not like i can wait till i can comfortably afford to buy him again. freaking perfect. darn you Dollmore. why dont i just hand over my wallet now and get it over with??

of course people sell their favorite dolls all the time to "upgrade" or get a new mold that better represents the character....even buying the same mold in a different skin tone. ive seen it a lot. no big deal...except i literally started crying immediately at the thought of selling him....seriously. and still tear up when i remember that i thought of it!!

yeah. separation anxiety to the 9th degree. i cant sell him. i cant even think of selling him. even to get the same damn doll in a different skin tone. the skin tone id have prefered from the beginning!!

so im not selling my Alex. im just going to sell someone else XD and everything else i can find that might bring me closer to my goal. and i'll have two of them. that makes more sense to me right now than getting rid of the doll im so insanely attached too. XDD yeppers. i is a crazy-head.

3. It's nice to know that I am not alone in the world. I felt so strange for not being able to part with my doll, but luckily I won't have to and her sister should be arriving within the next day or two!

And I would love to hear more stories about others too! Keep 'em coming!

4. I don't like selling dolls that I've emotionally invested in because I don't like knowing what other things they'll end up going through after leaving my hands. Maybe it's obnoxious to say, but I feel like since they're my dolls, I would take care of them best myself? I don't like sending my dolls away for faceups either, but that's more because I'd get worried about them being lost-in-transit and uh...generally I just don't like parting with them *admits* =A=.

5. This is going to sound so... so, so, so silly... but when Aernath suggested me sending Jay Say out to be with her sweetheart for a little bit, not going to lie, my brain refused to wrap around that fact for a little bit. It took me at least a day or two to accept the idea.

Here's the silly thing... I realized that I needed to get over it, because it wasn't for me.. it was for her.. (yeah, I know, schizo)....

So, I did. Hard for me, yes, very, very hard... but I did it... And seeing pictures of the two of them together is enough to tell me I did the right thing... I'll get her back, no prob.

6. I sent Mike back to Korea for a new faceup from Luts. I was a nervous wreck until he came home!

7. Its the same for me except I sold over 20 dolls last year :sweat
      Some times it sucks giving them up but I always have a reason.

I guess Dolls are just Dolls to me too ~

8. I actually adoptd my little Sofia from a woman at Ohayocon this past February. She seemed somewhat sad to see her tiny girl go. We are still in contact here. I don't think I would be able to let go of my little girl. I have made clothes for her, jewelry for her... she goes to work with me in my pocket...

I uderstand exactly where you're coming from. I'm happy that you decided to keep your doll.

9. That's how you know you made the right choice. A friend wasn't sure she still wanted one of her dolls, so I said "Before you sell, next time you come over just leave the doll with me and I'll see you in two weeks." Before the week was out she had started in on how much she missed her doll and no she didn't want to sell her.

There is nothing wrong with it. What I would do, in your situation, is to buy the new Freya and see if you can't get your imagination to transfer your doll's character over to the new one. If you cannot do it, then sell the new Freya or make her into another character. If you can, then hey, your friend might still get your old one, am I right? :)

10. Oh no, you're not strange... D: Before I got Kome, I had a plan to make him into a DoT Ducan... But I didn't have the money at that time and then I found the B&G Sunny sculpt. It was cute, but the complete opposite of Kome's image... Still, I liked him, and my mom was willing to help me pay for him, so I got him.

After all the work I've put into him and the year I've spent with him, I can't even imagine selling him to upgrade to the Ducan I originally wanted. I can't see him as a Ducan anymore.

I have to send him off next month to get his faceup redone and I'm already freaking out about having to send him off for a couple weeks... D: He's my favourite and even though he wasn't quite what I imagined at first, he's completely grown into his character.

11. I could never sell any of my dollies ;-; I dont have the heart too

12. I have a couple dolls who have been sitting in a box, totally unfinished for about a year. I've never really done much with them, and probably won't be able to afford it any time soon, but I can't let them go.

13. That's a horrible story!! Something similar happened to me..
      My favorite stuffed toy was taken away from me and left
      on a store dumpster in the pouring rain:(
      I was 6 or 7 and it certainly affected me growing up, I
      always anticipated having something yanked away from
      me for no reason and because of that I have a hard time
      letting go of things.
      But for some reason I don't have separation anxiety with
      my dolls....because I know they aren't going anywhere.

14. I'm much the same way. :) I'm in the process of selling two of my tinies, admittedly, but I'm doing it for their sake. I've kept them both for almost a year, gave them multiple faceups, bought AND made them clothes... and still no bond. :( It's taken me this long to realise that they need to go somewhere where they'll be loved, not just kept because I feel guilty about selling them.
      It's still very emotional.

15. Oh yes. I have sold many dolls but its always after trying to bond with them. I Have a group of MY dolls that I could never part with. I did sale one of these to a friend my EL last year. Lets just say with in 6months I had him back and she had a new doll.

I almost paniced when my El face up had to be redone. My friend even said I was expecting a call any min tell me not to do it and you be over. I kept saying it for the best for the week he was gone. now he is back and has a kicking new face up and I am glad.

16. This is exactly where I am too. I have a least a couple that I keep thinking, maybe, I would let them go. But then again - they are so cute! :o

17. im selling my first doll actually for funds for more... but its making me sad (shes on ebay right now) and i hope i can still get updates about her..

i love her cause of her face, hair, and poseibilty, etc... and shes still with the other dolls on top of my dvd case...i was suppose to pack her up a few days ago but just couldnt... im going to have to, but i know theres more that i need to love... but i will keep photos of her and like i said maybe her and Kaorin will be penpals :)

18. Once I make up my mind to sell a doll, that's it. There's no looking back. While there are some that I wish I hadn't had to sell, I needed the money for life issues & was just glad that I had something of value to help me out.

I've bought & sold many different types of dolls over the years so I've just become immune to the emotional issues I guess.

19. I'm diying to get Chami. But I have to sell one of my dolls to buy her. I thought I could sell my Luts Dalida, because I've been trying to choose a wig for her but failed again and again and this is quite irritating - she's still bald. But I can't let her go - she's got such a beautiful make up and is so high-quality one, that I give up and put my plans buying Chami off.

20. I actually have a Sharmin to sell finally, but still haven't got round to posting an ad in the marketplace.....:|:lol: