1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sewing Patterns for Tinies

May 26, 2007

1. I know we have tiny crochet and knitting pattern threads, but I could not find one for sewing patterns.

If there is on already, post the link here.

For Uyoo and maybe others:
      I found a site with free medieval, fantasy, and historical patterns, mostly for Barbie but a couple of patterns are for other size dolls.
      http://molendrix.com/galerie1.html

For tinies like 14cm Elfdoll and maybe Banji:
      Here are free patterns made fro disassembled Topper Dawndcclothing:
      http://www.persephone.com/dawn/fashions/topperpatterns.html

Carolyn

2. I just found the cutest Pocket Fairy patterns in a magazine called Dolly-Style 2005 Volume 1. It also has patterns for Unoa and SD sized dolls. Here is a pic of the Pocket Fairy outfits:
      [​IMG]

3. The PF patterns are cute. Rest of the links look very interesting. Will have to play with proportions for my clan.

What I do sometimes is buy children's patterns at jo-anns when they go on $1 sale and then enlarge the instruction sheet that shows the pattern pieces to the desired size. Usually requires only minor adjustments. Well worth the effort. It can be a great place to start if you want some confidence before designing your own patterns (especially if you know nothing about kids clothing like me when I started).

4. Oh cute, my Yoko needs some new school clothes.

Hugs
      Mary-Lee

5. Oh that's brilliant!

6. That is such a fantastic tip, I can't wait to try it!

7. ::sighs:: there's just no love for little boys who wants to dress like little boys. Everywhere I search for patterns all I see are girl stuff. At least the first link had a couple of male things. Thank you!

8. There is also always undead threads.
      They got a couple of usefull YoSD patterns

9. You should be able to use the Undead Threads Yo pajama bottom to make sweats or loose-fitting slacks for a boy doll. The PJ shirt could be made in different fabric to make a button up shirt. The basic pattern is pretty much the same.

10. Has anyone tried some of the books by Rosemarie Ionker?

She has several books that seem like you could use for tiny dolls.

Fashion for Small Dolls
      http://www.amazon.com/Fashions-Smal...6581540?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187324612&sr=8-4

A Closetful of Doll Clothes
      http://www.amazon.com/Closetful-Dol...6581540?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187324612&sr=8-2

Dressing Dolls with Rosemarie Ionker
      http://www.amazon.com/Dressing-Doll...6581540?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187324612&sr=8-3

My local book stores don't carry it so I'm sorta wondering what it's like before buying.

11. I have used them, the problem lies that there isn't much variaty in patterns or clothing styles for boys But then again the same holds true for bigger boys =/ Guess I"ll have to learn pattern drafting for myself.

12. Yes I 've seen them but I also been hesitant to buy them not knowing if anything would fit my doll or if heavy modifications would be needed. Also I fear it's heavy with girl clothes and up tp nothing in boy stuff. =/

13. Perhaps using Calliope13's idea might work for you...find a boy real-size pattern that appeals to you and enlarge the instruction sheet pieces to a size that fits? Since Halloween is approaching, there should be quite a selection of styles, from real-clothes to fantasy costumes.

Good luck :)

14. Does anybody have a pattern for a simple dress for Bambicrony/Yo-sd?

15. I have made several patterns for my 10-12" dolls-don't know if they would fit bambicrony or Yo /SD, but they fit Luts Delf cutie, DZ BB, and Lati green with minimal adjustments for all of them. PM me and I can send you the pattern.
      Here is my Luts delf cutie Mary in a simple drop waist dress I made from my own pattern.
      [​IMG]

16. I have them all, I love her style, but I really don't think you need them all as a lot of them repeat in her other books. Also she doesn't give very much instructions on sewing them. Or how to do the "Brazilian Embroidery" that really makes the outfits.

17. What you need is Anne Estelle Size but sew them just a bit tighter, for Yo-Sd and Bambicrony.

18. I'm attempting to learn to sew, but I'm finding I don't have much patience for it right now. However, a Kaylee from Firefly ballgown would be mighty cool to have, as well as several other of the patterns listed. Thank you for that link!