1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoes for dolls - confusion

Aug 29, 2008

1. Hi all,

it might not be the right place to ask this question, if so, then I apologize in advance.

So far I've only had SD dolls size 60cm... when I have been shopping shoes or boots for them, they've all had a certain length to them.

Now I'm expecting my first MSD, and want to shop shoes and boots for her - but now I get confused because when I look for footwear for this size doll, all footwear are exactly same length as the footwear for SD dolls....

What am I missing?

Can you give me some advice, please?

- Karina

2. Uhh, the shoes for 43cm dolls I've had have definitely been much smaller than the shoes for 60cm dolls! I think in order to have any idea what's going on we'd have to know where you were looking at shoes. It's possible that there's an error in the information about the shoes or something... but really without more information I couldn't even speculate.

3. I think I know where you're confused. MSD sized shoes will range from 55-60mm. That's a millimeter measurement for the size of the shoe, not the centimeter measurement for the height of the doll. The shoes generally come in two sizes for MSDs, a slimmer, shorter size for Unoas and similar, and the chubbier 60mm size for MSDs that are similar to Volks and Kid Delfs.

I hope that helps.

4. It would be very helpful if you told us what doll MSD you're getting since they are quite different in size.

If it's a slim mature MSD like DollZone, Narea, Unoa, Lati Blue, Sould Kid there's a thread about shoos for Narae here.

The same things about clothes. There's a big difference if your MSD is a slim mature doll or one that's supposed to be a 6 year old child.

Dustbunnie

5. Hi ladies,

thankyou for trying to help me, here is some more information:

I'm getting beautiful Tatiana from Iplehouse - i've ordered her with small breast. There are no description on the site about how long and wide her feet are - i've asked on their Q&A board, but still no reply.
      here is her page:
      http://www.iplehouse.net/shop/step1.php?number=1062

I've been looking on ebay for shoes for her, and i asked mimiwoo about the size thing too, she said that "please note the inner size is smaller" - but to me that would still look completely idiotic with shoes on 7 centimeters /2.8 inces, on the outerlength, to such a small doll.... then it doesn't matter that the innersize is smaller if the shoe still looks huge when looking at it...

Maybe you can reccommend some better places to look for shoes and boots?

- Karina

6. You're probably going to be better off waiting for your doll to arrive before getting shoes.

Once you've got her, you can make a better judgement about fit.

My GUESS would be though that her foot would be similiar to the Unoa foot - and if you go to the thread that Dustbunnie pointed out, you'll find plenty of sites that have shoes. My Naraes have more shoes than I do because of that thread!!! :lol

Asneth

7. You may want to check how big the feet of your dolls because they may differnet, even the same height.
      My girl is a DOT, 60cm, her feet is 6.8MM.
      I think Luts girl is 6.7mm?
      And some dolls have 7.2-7.5mm.....

Just ask the seller the size of the shoes before buying it.

8. Hi girls,

thank you. I think I'll just have to wait till she gets here, instead of buying shoes i can't use. Thank you for helping me , I really appreciate it big time.

- karina