1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sims for Visual Concepts

Jun 30, 2016

1. Just curious, does anyone else use the Sims 4 (or any other Sims) to design, plan and flesh out their WIP dolls? It is something that I've found very useful, although time consuming :)

2. I haven't done it that way, but I made an OC for a RP and used the Sims 4 to flesh her out and create reaction images, and now I'm looking to flesh her out in doll form.

3. I use the Sims 4 to make my OCs! :D

4. I used Sims 3 for my OC later I created the same OC in Sims 4. So I have a Doll, Sims 3/4 Sim Version of my OC.

5. I never have but now I want to. :chibi

6. Never thought about doing that. So far sims 3&4 and bjd have been totally separate hobbies for me. But I sure loved to see pics how sim characters became real bjds:love

7. I have visual concepts going in the Sims as I'm waiting for layaways to finish, wigs/clothes to ship out, and heads to return from face-ups. As soon as my first head comes back I will be posting comparison pictures.

8. I've never used the sims to create characters but I use to get a better feel of what their (pre-created character's) facial shape and body structure is like sometimes.

9. Ooh that's kind of a cool idea! I tend to kind of do stuff on the fly... just get cool looking dolls, and put random clothes and accessories on them until I find something that inspires me. But I might try turning one of my sims into a doll or something... :)

10. For basically every character I've ever thought up, I've always made a Sims 2 version of them. My incoming first doll is actually shelling a character that's started life as a sim that then developed into a character. If I ever decide to get her a custom faceup, screenshots from the game would be the reference pics I'd send to the artist.

11. I like to do the opposite. Once I have a new doll's character figured out, I'll make a Sim of her and see how she interacts with the Sims of my other dolls.

12. Sims 3 was my jam back in the day. I spent hours looking for mods to make original characters to live with other characters from Marvel or from Sherlock. My only problem with making sims is that I am a merciless god who loves killing random NPC's and breeding and army of children, and I forget I'm making OC's for art references by that point. :cool:

13. :lol: It is so hard to not let all of that power go to your head

14. Lord help me when I get a new computer that will run Sims 4.

15. Oh those poor high resolution, fully customizable sims :shudder

16. I've played with my existing dolls way back on the Sims 2, but I also made a Sim husband at one point who I ended up getting a doll of! ^^; He was just too cute and sweet *not* to get in resin form, oops.

17. I have not done this yet, but I'm looking into reinstalling all my TS3 expansions and maybe, just maybe, I can get into this! Might be a bit difficult tho especially for fantasy characters since The Sims is pretty limited in those regards.

18. Ive always used Sims to make my OCs, OCs that will become dolls included!
      CAS is just really nice for playing with body/face shapes and fashion to figure out whatcha like!
      Even if I dont end up using the Sim in game, its really nice to just play around and customize them to figure things out for the OC. (:

19. Sometimes I use IMVU to create or demonstrate a characters appearance. Particularly when I'm too lazy to art. I have made characters in other mediums before BJDS. The good ones end up as dolls.

20. Hmmm. I don't have much use for SIMS since I am usually going for a more anime look.
      Strong features do not matter much.