1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sio2 Dolls

May 26, 2016

1. News thread: New Company - New Doll Brand[Sio2 Doll ]and New 1/6 Limited Doll-Ragdoll (Puppet Cat) ★Stacy's Pink Ocean★

Sales page: Ragdoll (Puppet Cat) Basic-Sio2 Doll(Limited)1/6 doll - stacyspinkocean.com

[EDIT] Here's Sio2's Taobao shop, which has cheaper prices but the Ragdoll Puppet Cat is already sold out there: https://shop61246968.world.taobao.com/shop/view_shop.htm?user_number_id=173741573

Holy **** I love her! I have not usually liked this kind of very stylized huge hips + small torso body type, but in this case I just find her so captivating. She looks like the Elin race from the fantasy game Tera (Elin). :D

I really hope the artist will continue the line with more options for faces and feet. The only reservation I have is that I prefer human feet.

#1 Miri, May 26, 2016
      Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    2. Ragdoll is a cutie-patoot!:D If I didn't have so many other doll projects in limbo I'd scoop her up. I wonder if SPO will also accept orders for Sio2's little sheep/cat/centaur dolls as well in the future?

3. I really hope so! This is definitely an artist that I will be keeping an eye on.

4. I actually have one of this artist's off topic dolls and he is just the cutest! I am really excited to see this doll. I get the feeling that she is going to throw a wrench into my careful dolly plans.

5. Oh, I so in love with this cuties, but it is very hard to buy them...I miss the first one kittie...

6. Did the artist list Ragdoll's measurements anywhere? Her ridiculous proportions are making me seriously reconsider my no tinies rule.

I also noticed that they're up for sale on Taobao for a bit cheaper, but Google Translate isn't helping me make heads or tails of all the options. >_o

7. Ugh, shoulda bought her when she was up on Taobao... she was so much cheaper there! Just the cat ears and tails alone, with blushing, are twice the price when compared to Taobao. T_T

@whitebread: She's actually not for sale on Taobao anymore. That's just a page for those who have ordered her already via Taobao to order extras for their doll. Her Taobao sales period ended... May 21? 22?

8. Thanks for the info! Hm... I think I will keep an eye on Sio2's Taobao shop and wait for the next doll. She did a cat version of her little sheep doll, I can't imagine he's just going to toss this ragdoll body. She will probably make another doll reusing the same body.

9. Aw yeah, my Taobao agent just emailed to say that they're no longer selling her.

At least we have a fairly big window to order her. I wonder if they'll sell separate heads and accessories in the future. A bunny or cow option head would be perfect.

10. I love her! Particularly her resin wig. Too bad I won't be able to afford her. :(

11. Hey guys, can anyone confirm that this is Sio2's official Taobao shop? Link: 首页-子迁他家-淘宝网

I had assumed it was, but then realized if you search Sio2 on Taobao you will see the same dolls/same photos in multiple shops.

12. I love that doll, but I found out about it too late, and don't feel comfortable buying it now at it's current price. Pretty much everything Sio2 makes, makes me swoon.

I'm pretty sure this is the official shop, every post I've seen regarding this shop all link back to this one.

#12 sleepy-star, May 29, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
    13. I have that doll bookmarked already she's just gorgeous- I only wish I didn't have to get the fullset for the sculpted wig because I find it to be one of the most charming features but oh well! :3

14. I was so close to ordering her. I think if there was an option to have regular feet it would have totally won me over. I adore her proportions~ She's completely the size and type I'm looking for it's just the feet that made me sad since I don't think there will be any shoes she can wear ;-;

15. Same here, she has such a cute and odd body shape but I don't want her to be permanently a catgirl, I wish you could swap the feet or the entire lower leg for a human one instead. I like how the cat ears are optional parts that can be removed.

I'm really really really hoping that Sio2 will release a version of her that's all human. Or maybe an elf or fairy would be even cuter, because then she could fit into the world of my large dolls.

16. She certainly is a charming little thing, I've also had my eye on Sio2's off topic doll too. Her style is so cute! I am loving Ragdoll's hips as well, but I had to pass due to the timing. Ah well, hopefully she'll make more, and you guys will spam this thread with cute owner pictures!

17. Well here's a picture of her from the sculptor who made her a new costume and hair. The hair reminds me of Cardcaptor Sakura haha! Ahhh so cute <3

Edit: Ahh nvm it IS suppose to be a Cardcaptor Sakura cosplay XD

[​IMG]

#17 JellysFancy, Jun 24, 2016
      Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    18. Ooh it's so sweet! Do you think she'll release the wig as a separate piece later on?

19. Curious how those who have looked through the original Taobao sales page have determined she was significantly less expensive? Google tells me the original fullset price of 2690 yuan = 404 USD. It looks like the cat ears + tail (or is this just the makeup?) cost 150 yuan = 22 USD. Seems the major downside is that the "astonished" face may have been included with the Taobao fullset (relying on Google translate here, so not sure)? Overall, that's an ~150 USD difference, which, once you factor in agent fees, shipping from Sio to the agent, and shipping from agent to you doesn't sound like much of a savings.

20. You don't have to use an agent for Taobao anymore, actually. Taobao now does international sales. Here's how: How to Buy Directly from Taobao – Updated for 2016 | HowToTao

And even if you didn't use that route, basetao is my preferred Taobao agent and they charge very low fees and shipping costs.

To each their own, and I'm sure some would feel the comfort in buying from a well established bjd retailer like Stacy's is worth the higher cost, but personally I would prefer to buy from the artist's Taobao shop.