1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Size names

Jan 11, 2007

1. Hi everyone. I just ordered a Cherish Lani, and I wanted to know what the 21cm doll name was. Like, for big dolls (57cm and up), we use SD, right? So is there a name for 21cm? I've been trying to find her clothes, but I have no idea what to be looking for. Thanks! :aheartbea

2. Seems to be everything under 30 cm are considered "Tiny".
      Orientdoll Joong is a 20 cm but I can't think of any other BJD's but I know there are more.

How about a search for 8" dolls? Riley is 7.5", Tulah is 8" and I'm pretty sure there are other types of dolls on ebay and online in general.

3. I tried the 8" doll search. Unfortunately, I got no worthwhile results. What size is YO-SD? :aheartbea

4. I think of the 25-30 cm dolls as petites. I simply can't class them in with 10-14cm dolls as tinies.

5. YoSDs are 24cm. ^_^

6. 26cm. =^^=;

7. *dies* Oops!

*wonders where I got 24 from then*

In comparison to SD sizes, though, they really are tiny. XD

8. yeah. but my banji compared to my yo's has almost the same size variation as my yo's to my sds.
      I dont know, I love em all, all sizes, but love the portability of the tinys in the broader definition of the term.

9. I like "Petite".

Then the Elfdoll Hana becomes a petite (in my head anyways) and Elfdoll Min(and all the others) remains a "Tiny"... :)

10. Miniscules? XD

And definitely yes, as a person with a chronic back problem, being able to just carry a Yo-size around to stuff instead of an entire sd13 is SUCHLOVE™

11. guys, thanks for the advice. it's such a shame that clothes for smaller dolls are less available. very frustrating.

12. would the Banji clothes fit? on dollmore

13. My Alley wears Riley and Tiny Betsy stuff really well, as well as some Bratz items. I've had success with some Barbie tops as well.

Cherishdolls aren't the same size as any other BJD, unfortunately...the ones the same height (Joong/Lucy) are much slimmer. But they're definitely considered "tiny".

14. we were talking about this not so long ago on one of the Yahoo tiny groups

I consider tiny from tiny up to My i-elf ...or Joong /Lucy or Hana ...to me these are tiny

from HappyDoll Teeny up Teeny and Yo up Small ;)

but convenience I dont mind labeling them tiny on DOA

15. I do actually feel as though these should be split up. Like 10 to, I dunno, 18cm is considered Tiny, then 19 to 25cm are Small, then 26 to 40 is Medium. Something like that. it would certainly make it easier ;-)

16. I'm like 6 years late but maybe someone will need this thread in the future so... I think this doll can wear lati yellow SPecial clothes as they are 20cm tall and they're not slim ^^

17. I'm used to 1/6 scale fashion dolls so when I think "tiny" I tend to think of something 6 inches and under. Like, dollhouse scale. It's all in what you are comparing it to.