1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

So how tall are Volks SD boys anyway?

Jan 22, 2006

1. Hellooo!
      Just a quick question - sorry for posting other thread with this, but my search function is not co-operating at all!

How tall is the SD10 boy, on average? ^-^

Thanks guys.

Charlie
      xxx

2. ~57.5-58cm, a bit shorter and fatter than SD13 but a lot childish and cute than 13s...*SMILE*XD

3. I second what CL said. Their body is so chubby and cute.

4. I have a pic of Kiyo and Kam.
      On the left Kam, SD10 new body and on the right Kiyo, old SD13 body!

[​IMG]

That help?

Charlie*^_^*

5. That does help, charlie you're a gem *kiss*
      SD10 heads aren't actually that much smaller than SD heads at all, are they? I heard you can swap them around for the most part ^-^''
      D'ya think Pip would be cute on SD10? ^o^

6. No worrys love! Glad I could help!
      I think Pip will be ok on a SD10 body, he seems about the right size!

Charlie*^_^*

7. could always try it out either at the feb meet or when ever dai chan arrive (which ever happens first)

8. I have searched. And searched. But I can't find an answer to an extremely simple question: how tall is the SD10 boy's body? I guess it's just assumed that everyone knows, maybe that's why I couldn't find it.

I feel like a noob for asking, but darnit, I need to know.

9. I'm pretty sure SD10 boys are 57cm tall, same as SD10 girls are. They are definitely a bit shorter than the "standard" height of 60cm.

10. Okay, thanks. That helps a lot, hopefully they are around that size for sure (would work very well for a short, cute boy....)

11. i was sure you can see the height of the super dolfie you order on the volks japanese site , turns out when your click on to order a separate window pops up with the rest of the info about the doll including the height ~

^_^

12. SD10 (I have two) do indeed look cute and short next to SD13's and Delf boys:

[​IMG]

The girl in the pic is an SD10, she's the same height as an SD10 boy would be. ^_^ Hope that helps!

13. Here's my SD10 boy Shakkyo (with kill-u 2nd head) next to my SD13 boy Hiro. Shakkyo is an oldskin SD10 with the one piece non-jointed torso. Not much height difference, but Shakkyo is much more slender in the limbs.

[​IMG]

Linda S.
      galatia9

14. I just measured my SD girl, and I seem to recall that she's actually just under 55 cm.

SDs' are basically interchangable between the sexes, contrary to SD13s' where the boys and the girls are quite different.

15. Here are a couple of comparison pics of mine. Grey's got a Magical Michael body and a Re-che head.

Here with a Lishe:

[​IMG]

And here with a 60 cm Narin:

[​IMG]

I love the SD 10 size and the body has a gorgeous sculpt.