1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Some thoughts after visiting the SOOM store in Harajuku

Jan 31, 2009

1. If you're going to be using the shinkansen at all the rail pass generally pays itself off. It's good for any JR train and includes some busses and other transits. While you're in Tokyo it can get you just about anywhere and gives you a lot of freedom about where you want to go for day trips all over Japan. Hope you have a good time. :)

2. You know, I was just thinking the same thing!:lol:

3. Hahaha, I wish they had a rail pass for people that live here. >D Transport can get SO expensive. I hope my directions were clear, izayoi, take pictures if you can! :D

4. Hi everyone! I made it to Soom with a bit of difficulty. We couldn't figure out your directions unfortunately but looked for Laforet (where all the lolita shops are!) and walked down the street. We finally found it, upstairs from a restaurant called Casa Nostra. Its very small but had a lot of dolls on display, wigs and clothes, and some tools for sale. I found a cute SD top with a Sex Pot Revenge logo on it. I did take pictures and will post them soon!

5. OOOooooOOOOoooo I cant wait to see them! I will be stalking the thread! Someone should organize a dolly tour so we can all go over together and visit the shops with someone who knows the city.

6. I'm planning on going sometime over the next week!
      Desperate to see the monthly ltds up close (assuming they're still there!) before making the decision to get one down the line!!

7. It sounds so cool! Thank you telling us all about it! I'm going to Tokyo in April and I definitely plan on going to see it for myself ^.^

8. Alright, here are the pictures:

From across the street:

[​IMG]

As you walk up to it:

[​IMG]

Front view:

[​IMG]

Me, at the bottom of the stairs pointing to the sign:

[​IMG]

Soom is located on the second floor. Pictures of dolls line the staircase so you can't miss it!

9. Oh by the way, if you ask they let you take photos of the store inside.
      Too bad I didn`t take them when I was there (but it was the first day and it was too crowded :X)

The only dolls they have available to buy and take home at the time are the Fair dolls.
      Seems like those dolls are "deadstock" of limiteds- they`re mostly white-skin.
      The store is more of a "Order online, pick doll up at store". Kinda like a courier service, except you don`t have to pay shipping.

10. Dollsoom was fun, and looking for it through Harajuku was even more enjoyable! So many shops and interesting new strangers. Izayoi already shared her photos of the store, but here is my favorite section of the shop:

[​IMG]

Too bad that they don't have complete pairs for us to try in our dolls. But the displays are cute.
      The whole showroom and store is about a rectangular sized room.

11. The store is very big???

12. The store is quite small. When I was there, there were about six customers in it, and that was enough people to make walking around a bit difficult (still possible, but, you know, one might have to walk in front of the girls looking at the wig display and such). I'm terrible with dimensions but maybe...three or four metres wide and about ten metres long?

My favourite part was the display of Monthly Dolls, but it was fantastic to see the Rosette School Of Doll girls (and the nice sales lady gave me some postcards of them, so sweet!) and some Teeny Gems (so cute! And so delicately sculpted!). I chickened out of asking about photography inside, but if/when I go back I won't be so shy. ;)

13. Yes, we asked if we could take photos, and the sales associate answered positively. My friend and I started taking photos after she gave us permission, and it was actually funny how the three other girls in the store also took out their cameras and started taking photos after we did so.

14. Thanks for the pics and the directions. I will surely check this out when I go back to Tokyo. I had a lot of fun hunting for the Volks stores back in August last year :)

15. Thanks for answer, undermost salamander! I had curiosity about the size because in the pictures seems small ^^
      I hope to find the store in my trip!

16. oh how i wish to visit that store someday soon^^

17. I've been living here in Tokyo for six months and I didn't know Soom had a store!:o
      Wow, see that's why I enjoy being a member of DoA. You learn a new thing every day!
      Thank you for sharing all the information and pictures!:aheartbea

18. Oh wow! I didn't know they had a storefront. I want to see pictures of the inside :)

19. If I had known about this store just a few weeks earlier.. D: We walked past it about three times when we were in Japan! And I didn't even notice it! Damn it!

20. sweet!. I'm definitely adding this to the list. it really helps that Izayoi's pics are taken when the leaves are gone. Google maps is taken in a different season and building is half blocked. Clearly google's pics are from an earlier year as well. Thanks!

Also, do they have english speaking staff?