1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom August Monthly Doll: Obsidius Discussion Thread!

Aug 3, 2011

1. Hes not as buff and masculine as i had hoped he would be :'( i have to see more pics of him.

2. oh dear. i like him more than any other recent monthly. <3 he is beautiful!!

3. I need those wings in my life..

4. I agree, I was kinda hoping that the angel guy would be a Mega Gem, or somehow more buff. I mean... "warfare" just doesn't ring as dainty to me. I'm actually sort of surprised that so far they've only released Super Gem males... I like the look of MG's better, especially in clothes.

However, I love his face very, very much. Also love whatever I can see of that sword - here's to hoping it's something like the swords from Claymore the manga.

5. He's handsome but doesn't look much like a "kick your arse" warrior. Maybe more pics will change my mind

6. You read my mind..

7. Is it just me.. or is anyone else reminded of He-Man and She-Ra when they see that sword... ? Or am I showing my age? :sweat

8. Omg, so many beautiful in a row. I love the face, clothes, sword and wings so much. Hope to see more photos soon. He looks like an innocent angel than a warrior ^^.

Don't even know how I can buy three Soom MD at once. Too many beautiful dolls and all at once. I hope they release the doll a bit slowly T___T.

9. OMG< your right...:o

10. *lol* okay.. so it's not just me :sweat

11. Crazy idea... Mixing and matching this set of clothes/wings with the Iplehouse Claude Knight armor and clothes. Oh yeah!

Other than that, I just don't feel drawn to the face. But unfortunately, I note that many don't really appeal to me until people start putting on their own faceups. I really don't like SOOM's faceups!

12. He's pretty but I'm more interested in his clothes and eyes.

13. I wonder if that sword will actually come with him? It looks drawn in!

14. I have not been soomed thank the angels (pun intended). I already have 3 sooms on the way I couldn't even remotely afford another. I will keep an eye out for the rest of his pictures though. The lips bother me the most they look a bit too... big...

I agree with this only more on the clothes. If only my Zinc could fit them then everything would be good.

15. hes so beautiful makes wish i waited and got him...ugh wish i could see the future lol

16. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh, so cute. ;_; Can't wait to see the rest of that outfit.

And yes his sword does look like He-Man's and She-Ra's!

17. *lmao* I've started something now.. Maybe soom needs to photoshop an anthro cat in there ;) good old Battle Cat

18. He certainly is a pretty one! From their story Obsidius struck me as a badass warrior and I expected him to be a Mega Gem, but I definitely like him and will probably try to get him.

I do wonder about the wings, though. I have been anticipating a boy with big resin wings. Amphibel's are beautiful and I was hoping for a guy with wings like hers. I hope his are not attatched like Heliot's... those are a spectacular pain to deal with!

19. ...Am I the only one who finds his name slightly ironic? I mean, Obsidious is an obvious reference to obsidian... which is a very, very black rock. And he's looking very, very light to me. (actual pics could prove me wrong, however...) O.o
      I do enjoy the fact that his sword looks remarkably like He-Man/She-Ra's though. :whee: I love that people have already pointed this out. Lol!