1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom CutiePie 12cm Anthros Discussion Part 1

Feb 2, 2013

1. Interesting! Does the tail attach with an s hook and strung on then?

2. The package has two tiny S hooks about 4 inch piece of elastic.

3. You mention plenty of directions on how to attach rabbit ears, were these included in your package? I have been watching for updates from SOOM for rabbit ear instructions, but in the end nothing was posted or included so I had to figure it out myself.

If you post some shots of Tom's tail, and lower torso I can try to help figure out the method :) I would also look inside the hole on his lower torso to see if there is a resin hook to attach a loop to, or somewhere that the 2nd s-hook will clip onto.

4. There is a resin hook there that I can see when I pull his thigh out and look inside. I'll give it a try in the morning. Thanks for the idea.

5. Here is the diagram that Soom sent me in the Q&A after I asked how to attach Tom's tail. Now why on earth didn't they just do this. I'll give this a try later and post a picture of him with his tail attached.

[​IMG]

6. @SFC Marti Wow, uh... that looks pretty complicated and finicky for a doll that you paid to arrive strung @.@ Based on the diagram I think you will need to disassemble the doll to string the tail? I feel like it could be really difficult to attempt while the doll is strung.

I understand that most dolls require 3 points of contact to hold tension adequately, a 2 point system is far less reliable. It's my interpretation from the diagram you tie your loop, s hook attach to the tail, hook it on the internal resin hook and then pull it up to also hook onto the s-hook at the neck. It's my understanding that this will mean you will have 2 loops (one for the body/legs, and one for the tail) on the neck S-hook? Is there somewhere at the top of the chest where you are supposed to attach the 2nd small s-hook instead of looping it onto the neck s-hook?

Wow good luck :sweat I look forward to our story of how it all works out.

7. I am going ti wait until I am steady of hand to give it a try. Over a white sheet where I'll be able to see small pieces.

8. Have you all seen Zard, the new Dragon CutiePie? I'm pretty excited about it. My goal is to have a CutiePie representing each of my daughters' Chinese Year Animals.

9. He is super cute, but I am concerned on if he will be on topic, he seems to have a different body than other cutie pies?

10. It reminds me of Seed's construction, and Seed is off-topic.

But gosh darn what a cute little chubber. I am sorely tempted. We'll see what the price is.

11. When I saw the announcement for Zard, a "how DARE you, Soom" popped into my mnd immediately, in that I am so tempted:lol: However, I am already in Soom's clutches with a Tokki layaway.

I hadn't been in this thread in ages and I can't tell you disappointed I am to read back and see there are still quality control issues! I was someone who also went through some teeth-grinding irritations with Soom Teddy (who came back home from Soom Hospital less than perfect in the end). I am also waiting on a Toad from their Feb. lottery and he is late. When Hayley wrote me to say he'd be late, I fired back with a "Given the extra delay, now I really I hope there will be no issues with magnet insertion or faceplate/pieces fitting". She assured me they'd check but if I find issues .... aarrrrgh. Zard may not be for me in the end not because he's not adorable but I am not equipped to play Dr. Frankenstein in the basement trying to repair something that should have reached me in good shape :doh

12. Sakura_LH, goodness, you are right! It isn't like I didn't notice, but I wasn't clueing in the doll may end up being off topic, perhaps we'd still be able to share photos in this thread or with another CutiePie if it happens. The legs are different and at least the lower arms as well. We'll see when there's more photos.

rainbow dash, 'little chubber' is a good word for Zard, the romantic face is so sweet too!

bavarica, ya.. I'm pretty sad I don't have Rabi for Easter. I can understand missing the foot issue, since the doll came unstrung, but the head for me was a huge obvious issue. Even head caps fitting should be really obvious. I'm ordering them strung in the future, I believe they will no longer come with their gourd case, I don't think it's worth it now. No gourd bag, no box and unstrung and unglued. Tom's tail should have been strung too for people who paid for it.

13. Ack. I am ordering a Zard. I can't help it, it's too cute and I can't resist. Gonna get it with the blue horns.

14. !!!!!!!! Here I am trying to decide between the two faces and then I see in the listing you get the Romantic one as a gift!

I believe Soom did a great job on these, I thought getting a dragon that would look good with my other CutiPies would have me resort to searching for a Aileendoll Violet, even if it looked out of place. I like Zard SO much better, the body is similar to the other CutiePies and I love how soft the face is. I guess it's hard to explain, the doll is a baby dragon and is Soom's own design with the CutiePie line in mind.

I just hope the team making the dolls and putting them together has a good talk about quality control. I'm still waiting for my Rabi. I could say she got lost in the snow trying to find my place for Easter.

15. Someone has been getting really mad in the comments for both the sale and preview pages both because they want more elf dolls and because they're calling this a copy of Aileendoll's Seed. I tried to point out the 'chubby baby dragon' design has been seen in anime/manga for awhile and is probably where Aileendoll got their inspiration but I guess they're upset still. I frankly think there's enough difference between the two designs to say they just have similar inspiration.

I really love romantic heads so that is what it's gonna have. Eeeee even with people's Cutie Pie problems I'm excited about this little guy.

16. Yeah, I noticed those horribly negative comments too. I've got an Aileendoll dragon on order, but I'm considering one of these guys as well because they are simply adorable. As far as I'm concerned, the designs are different enough to warrant owning both. Plus....baby dragons. Who gets mad about baby dragons??????

17. The trouble with people like that is they expect the world to revolve around them, Soom have a huge variety in their releases so if they just wait something more to their taste will come along, these dragons are really sweet and it must be very dispriting for the companies to receive such negative and downright rude comments, i would be extremely embarrased if someone i knew was showing themselves up behaving in this manner.

18. At the end of the day, sales will be what matters. If it's true the majority people don't like what Soom is releasing, they'll notice via sales and change accordingly. They're not going to likely pay much mind to one person being rude.

ETA: Looks like the comment they left on the actual sale page earlier has been removed.

19. not hating on soom but I personally think the likeness of the new dragons is too similar to aileendoll. its not an exact copy but very similar that you see the resemblance. It seems in the bjd world there is an emphasis on originality and uniqueness. each company tends to maintain its own style or aesthetic. occasionally they overlap...but i can see how someone might be negative towards soom if they are a fan of aileendoll.

20. That's the thing though, like I stated Aileendoll isn't the first one to stylize dragons like that. It's been done in other media. For example I found this example from Dragon Ball Z in the early 90s and the baby dragon from the Korean game Maple Story. Aileendoll may have been the first one to put the look in resin, but they didn't invent it. So it seems kind of unfair they should be the only ones allowed to do it.