1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Faery Legend discussion part 4

Apr 30, 2018

1. @jessholy I cut the tag out of the Monique wig Iwa-Xine was wearing (I believe it's a Pretty Girl in electra) and it didn't seem to make any difference to keeping it on his head. He has a silicone cap, too, and even with that the wig just refused to stay on. I actually put a little line of hot glue at the back of his neck and high on his forehead in order to keep the wig in place (which did work). The tag in Dolf's wig is still there and doesn't seem to affect having it stay on or not.

Iwa-Xine still wears a silicone cap with Sleet's full set wig but I removed the hot glue on his forehead and it still stays on fine. I left the hot glue on the back of his head but I don't believe it's necessary for the wig to stay on properly.

I'm unsure what the 2nd hand market in general is like for size 4 wigs. I don't think a lot of dolls wear ones that small (or smaller). The MP here has few listings for that size so it's either because it's not an often used size or people tend not to part with that size. Or maybe a bit of both? I'd be loathe to get rid of the problematic electra wig I have just because it is a really nice wig and I love the colours. Monique shutting down is also a factor for me.

I can most certainly make wigs of that size with different materials but I haven't (yet) tried to do one with synthetic hair. By the same token I also haven't made any other wigs with synthetic hair either. I have noticed that synthetic hair wigs for a size 4 or smaller often seem to have trouble fitting properly on the head or the volume of hair is just too much for their tiny noggins. I have 3.5" Monique wigs for my Batchix Clever Littles and aside from being too big for them (they need 3.125" wigs, which I ended up making them), the wefts are just too much for the wig size, which was disappointing.

2. Thanks, it's a Facet's wig 3" but stretched to the max and I had to use a hot glue line on front and back of his head. I'm thinking the hairline is too high, but that is more personal preference than reality.
      I am really sad that Monique is closing but I understand being in business 35 years is a quite a while, if doing it themselves.

3. Two of my Faery Legend dolls have Monique wigs- Ethan (Bohem) is wearing Pretty Girl, and Taika (Juchy) is wearing James. Another of my Faeries in in a Parabox size 4..But I have had a few that didn't fit or look off.

4. What is an RD4 wig? How is it different from a size 4 wig?
      There's a few options I am looking at and HOPING will work.
      @Leo Pheonix you're so lucky to get a Pretty Girl...I always meant to buy one but never got around to it and it's completely sold out.

5. @SteamWitch He looks lovely! I like his wig too! I think I finally got a Monique wig that works for my Azur so I just need to take photos of him with his new room mates. I also need to ask Soom how I am supposed to string his merman parts.

6. Reviving this thread with... my secondhand Juchy! A friend gave her to me after not doing anything with her for years. Can you believe she was violet? She sure isn't now... Eventually I'll repaint her, and get her a proper wig, but here she is for now. I love those EARS!

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

7. Her body still looks a little purple. But yea for having her!

8. She is just a bit purple still! But I saw her in person when she was new, and I know how much the color has faded. I think she's still beautiful though! I was just surprised by how drastic the difference is.

9. Yeah, fantasy colors seem to fade quickly. I have a larger doll's head that is yellowed and I am not sure what body to get it.

10. I really love the lighting! And seeing another Rick about, of course!

11. Yea for another Rick!! I love my little Rick - he is so cute. I always love your scenes too!

12. Thank you!
      Thank you!

13. Alright, I need advice. What kind of shoes should I get for Azur? I was hoping to find a pair on Luts' website but I think because of his foot length, it'd have to be the Honey Delf shoes which are YoSD? They're going to be a bit too long but I think the Zuzu Delf shoes would be too short??? Has anyone bought their fairies any shoes from Luts?

14. I don't think Luts makes shoes that would work. The Honey Delf shoes would be too wide, and I don't think they make any that are the right proportions? The Soom boys fit regular 1/6 male shoes pretty well though, no difficulties there--so shoes for fashion dolls, action figures (hollow/foot-type ones), etc will all work. The really :/ thing about this size range is that so few bjd companies make it and even fewer make clothes and accessories to go with.

15. @Idoru They have one Zuzu delf boot I am eyeing - the dimensions look right so I am contemplating getting them.
      I suppose I need to just shop more for fashion doll items. I did find a sort of squishy pair of Ken shoes and they went on his feet pretty well. I just don't want to rub the body blushing off his toes - which I know will happen eventually - but I don't want to speed it along if possible!

I agree! I wish Soom would make more for this line.

16. Here with another pic of my Juchy, who still doesn't have a name but DOES at least have a dress of her own now and new eyes!

[​IMG]

I've had this fabric in my stash for a while, because I knew it would make a cute doll something, someday—that day finally arrived!

17. Her dress is beautiful! She looks great!