1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Faery Legend discussion part 4

Apr 30, 2018

1. I would havr gotten that one too but it was sold out when I first saw them.

2. I guess they just sold out real fast. I'm sorry you couldn't get it either.

I can't quite figure out if the wig is included or not for Metato Cosmic Sprite...or the eyes...I can't seem to find them for separate sale on the site.

3. The minigem merboys go fast. They don't pop up all that frequently in the MP either.

4. It seems Soom has changed the way they sell the Faery Legend dolls. The fairy parts are optional, but they don't have the wig and eyes listed as options.

My Juchy is Light Violet, and while she's a lovely color, it's more lilac tinted light blue than pure pale purple. This pic makes her look more purple than she normally does in person.
      [​IMG]Droopy Ears!

5. @Iron_Dog They sure do...I hope to buy him just in human form but it might never happen. :pout:

@Leo Pheonix Oooh but she is still a pretty color! I've only ever owned cream white dolls and I like Metato's face up better on the light violet than the cream white.

6. Well Soom replied and said the wig and eyes aren't available for sale. I'm not sure I really like that. When I buy the faeries, I tend to buy them because I like the FULL promotional picture, I don't have eyes or a spare wig of that size lying around. I think I will cancel the order.

I have had luck finding eyes but not wigs.

#26 jessholy, Jan 10, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    7. Well that's a bit weird from Soom. You'd think that when they style the doll, they'd offer everything that you see in the promo shots if you wanted to buy the fullset doll.

8. @Iron_Dog Right? Granted I haven't bought a faery off their new site but when I ordered Rick, I was able to order everything in the photos.

Metato is still very pretty but honestly, some of the appeal was lost for me when they told me there were no eyes or wig for sale. I tend to like to order the faeries as is from the photos, especially directly from Soom. I can be more flexible if I have to buy them second hand.

9. My fairy boys all came to me 2nd hand so I cannot speak about what comes with them. Although Sleet (Auber Storm Sprite) came to me with both his default wig and eyes, I used neither and they weren't a factor in my purchasing him. It actually annoys me a little that his default wig refuses to stay on his head. Iwa-Xine (Boehm Smoke Sprite) has the default face-up and eyes but he's not wearing the default eyes.

10. @Iron_Dog Oh yeah the wigs can be a PAIN! I use the Pitatto tape that Volks sells to help keep their wigs on. It works for the most part!

11. I made Sleet's wig so it fits fine. Iwa-Xine has a Monique wig and it likes to pop off at the odd moment. Annoying but I deal.

12. @Iron_Dog
      Make a fine line of blue tack from front/top to the back of the head and put the wig in place, it won't move anymore. ;)

13. I actually ran a small line of hot glue across his forehead and at the back of his head to help keep his wig on. It works most of the time but I still get the occasional popping. I'll have to give the blue tack a try. Thanks for the tip @Flortune

14. @Iron_Dog How did you make the one wig? I want to try that sometime but I'm scared with such a small head (plus my lack of knowlege).

I ended up cancelling Metato. He is very pretty so I hope someone out there buys him and posts pics.

15. @jessholy Sleet wears a faux fur wig with synthetic strands sewn & knotted into it along with a fall of synthetic hair at the nape of the neck. I used the inspiration of Jareth the Goblin King from Labyrinth to make Sleet's wig. This pic is old but he's still wearing the same wig.
      [​IMG]Sleet park 1 by ID Locke, on Flickr

16. @Iron_Dog That is an awesome wig! Jareth's hair is always fabulous so any wig inspired it by is going to be amazing. That's so cool you made it yourself. Did you find it easy or hard or stressful?

17. @jessholy I'm pretty handy with needle and thread so once I got the pattern worked out it was fairly easy. It probably took me more time to make the weft at the nape and sew in the random strands than it did to actually sew the wig. The outfit Sleet is wearing is also one I made. That is mostly ribbons. The pants are made of very thin t-shirt material.

This is my other faery guy, Iwa-Xine (Beohm Smoke Sprite). With him is his partner, Skerren (Akhmel Nathan). Iwa-Xine is a Dryad of a yew tree. Skerren is a Psychopomp to Rai-Sui, God of Death & Decay, Guardian of Souls.
      [​IMG]IMG_0099 by ID Locke, on Flickr

18. That IS odd that they're not even for sale. It wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me (since I make my own wigs and have plenty of eyes lying around) but it's odd for sure. I really want Metato... I'm not sure if I can get him but... hnngh. He's the only other faery legend boy I really have my eye on.

19. @Iron_Dog The outfit is really nice! You've got great sewing skills. Iwa-Xine and Skerren sound like they have a pretty cool story to them.

@Idoru It's a deal breaker for me just because I can't make my own wigs and I really loved how he looked in the photos. I know I could probably pay someone to make a wig but it might not be the same in the end. There's still time for me to change my mind but I also realized his face shape reminds me of one of my larger dolls so I wonder if that's why I liked him instantly.

20. @jessholy Thank you. Clothing these guys can be a bit tricky because of their size and that they're mature tinies. The wings add another dimension of difficulty if you intend to use them. I found making their clothes was easier than trying to hunt something down. But I also make 98% of the clothes for all my guys (which currently spans 63 dolls of various sizes).

I haven't written Iwa-Xine/Skerren's story yet. Time is always a factor *sigh*. But I have written a good chunk of the story with Fei-Lau (DZ Edward), Sleet (Soom Auber) and Khale (Leeke Khal vampire). Although, truthfully, their story, Absolute Destiny, has gotten backburnered because other characters have been screaming louder and it's a war of attrition as to who can keep it up the longest/loudest that gets worked on immediately.