1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Faery Legend discussion part 4

Apr 30, 2018

1. @jessholy Oh yeah for sure!! I got fed up with not finding wigs I like which is why I broke down and learned. It's totally legit to be bummed if you don't want to/can't put in that time though, I get it! If I didn't make my own I'd be really sad too. It's hard to find wigs in this size... Especially ones you like.

I'm still waffling on putting one on layaway. I probably shouldn't, but ugh I love Metato so much... I just know if I do that's when Granado will put up the order for the 1/6 Zen body boy! :sweat It's the curse...

2. I have the default wig for my Noellia, and it stays on alright with a silicone wig cap. The silver / lavender mix is the perfect color, but I'm not that impressed with the quality. Finding the perfect wig in this size can be really hard. I make most of my dolls' clothes and props. Learning to make wigs sounds too hard to me...

3. Wig making is actually really easy. You can do yarn and glue, alpaca and glue or you can sew mohair on the hide. That’s what I do, here’s a wig I made for my Chibbi Lana.

[​IMG]

4. I also find it easy, once you get the hang of it! I made... well every wig Sitri, my Rick, has ever had. This is his current one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like the glued hard-cap method, personally. Anyway as always, all skills have a learning curve, so your mileage may vary and it IS unfortunate that you don't have the option to get the full set as pictured.

5. Guys? I just got Dollce 4" wigs and I'm very excited to say they fit my boehm! :dance If you want some wigs for your male minigem you should take a look.
      DOLLCE WORLD
      They have a lot of cute styles, but some could totally fit a more boyish doll.

Edit: Oh my the wigs you're making are lovely!:love That's pretty good already.

#45 Flortune, Jan 14, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    6. yes, every new skill you try has a learning curve. I had a good number of failures when I started making eyes just a few months ago and I've learned and adjusted and developed ways of doing things to make them better. They're not perfect but that's why I'm calling them Flawed Souls. Hell, I'm getting more successful at casting 6mm eyes and those are hard to do without bubbles making them unuseable.

7. My Linzi (Auber) and Gray (Metato) with Treasure (Granado tiny Napoleon)
      [​IMG]Linzi, Treasure and Gray by SteamWitch, on Flickr
      I made Linzi and Treasure's wigs, Gray has a Monique Gold 4" wig.

8. Eeeeeee! How exciting! I've always wanted Azur and have had 0 luck getting him second hand! So I am very excited that I might be able to get him (minus eyes and a wig because that's how Soom rolls now it seems).

9. Of course after I give up hope of ever getting him and move on to another sculpt to be the character (which actually worked out better), Soom is going to do this. And I'm also debating with myself over buying another doll (ironically also a Soom) and I can't reasonably buy both even if I knew what I'd do with an Azur at this time. *sigh* Soom, why you gotta be so tempting?

10. Wow, he's REALLY cool :o

11. Right?! He's super pretty but I wonder if it will be a re-release or a new take on his mold, who knows? The 22nd seems so far away!

12. The 22nd is getting closer, and from the Insta post and others it looks like a straight re-release LE of 25. I hope to see some owner pictures :) don’t think Ive seen a lot of the mermaids!

13. Just 25?! Man, I might not even be able to buy him...I'll try but those in Korea might beat me to it. :sigh

14. 20 is even worse! I plan to stay up and everything but how do I know if my order will go through if I am competing with the rest of the world? I feel like I should give up now...

15. Hope remains while the fellowship is true! <3 Especially because if it's a re-release then a lot of people have already bought him in the first round :D They wouldn't bother having done marketing around the release in English if it wouldn't be possible for someone in a Western timezone to get one :)

16. I live in New York and I could have ordered one of the original 20 BK Noellia dolls if I had ordered immediately. I waited overnight, by which point they had sold out. Soom decided to make an additional thirty of that version, and I managed to get one of them. I've got is an FCE doll with Azur's human body and a Boehm head. In this photo L-R Noellia, RIck, Juchy, Lume Koit elf, Dikadoll Tea and the FCE guy.
      [​IMG]All my Elf-ear Dolls

17. Oh I know I want him so I am ready to commit to him. I've been trying to get him 2nd hand for a good while. I just have anxiety and I am really fearful that there are 20 people elsewhere with faster internet, faster clicking, faster everything than me who will get him first.

18. The black Noellia was a LE 20!? And then only 30 more?! Wow, what a rare jewel. Even though I'm not active anymore, I'd still jump at the chance to get a fullset. Perfect little drow ;)