1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Faery Legend discussion part 4

Apr 30, 2018

1. Well Soom answered my Q&A...and I'm not exactly happy with the answer.
      I asked this: "Hello. What will be included in Azur's release? Will it have human parts option? Will there be a wig or outfit option? Will there be an eye option? Thank you for your time and help."

and they answered with: "Thank you for your inquiry.
      Azur will be a mermaid which is not a human body and other options are not available.
      Also it will be released in limited quantities and you can check the further details when the doll is released."

What makes me unhappy is the lack of human option parts. The whole reason I don't already own an Azur is because everyone who has been selling him has him as a mermaid. Now don't get me wrong - he is a pretty mermaid - but I don't collect mermaids. :sweat
      I collect elves.

I feel like the wind has been completing taken out of my sails. I was excited, then nervous/stressed, and now I'm disappointed. I'll still probably look at the sale page once it's live but now I wonder if I'll even buy because I'm going to want the human body and I haven't seen anyone put those up for sale on the market.

2. Does "other options not available" mean no wig/eyes/costume? So it's a super bare bones mermaid? I wonder if it's just extra stock that they maybe had on hand then, rather than an actual run. So sorry it's been so disappointing :( Since he's CW resin, then maybe you can hybrid him with another boy out there? I could imagine someone out there would love the mermaid fin and would be willing to trade some legs for it! :D

3. Who knows, it could be extra stock, it could be another run. Regardless, it is very disappointing. I don't know if anyone would want to trade - I rarely see the male faeries up for sale here or elsewhere. It's just a huge...blow to my faith in the company. I don't understand why everything is just literally a doll, maybe there's an outfit, maybe there's some new eyes, but no wig, no shoes, or in some releases nothing at all. No fantasy parts or maybe no human parts. If you have loyal customers, willing to buy it all, why not sell it all? I had really wanted to buy him so I could stop looking - now I may never stop looking and he will always be a pipe dream.

Thanks for listening to me rant. I'm just upset and I know I lost sleep over his release tonight and now I feel like I wasted a whole week worrying for nothing.

4. The last time they did an FCE with Azur, the mer body wasn't part of the sale. At the time I'd been looking for him with the mer body so I was quite disappointed then so I understand your feelings @jessholy They do pop up sometimes 2nd hand. Both of mine were purchased here on DoA so it can happen.

5. @Iron_Dog All I can do is keep bumping my WTB thread. How long did it take for you to get yours? I have been bumping my post for 3 years.

6. I think Sleet (Auber Storm Sprite, grey resin) was about 2 years after his release. Iwa-Xine (Boehm Smoke Sprite, green resin) was maybe 3 or 4 years after his release.

But, it also took me 7 years to acquire my grails, Mkhai (Impl Miguel the Demon Hunter LE100, grey resin) and Kathiel (Unidoll Ark, WS) so it can take a while before what you're after finds its way to you.

7. @Iron_Dog I guess I have to be patient and have faith. Or give up. Or settle. At least I do have the 3 faeries I do own.

8. @jessholy I suppose it comes down to just how desperately you want him. I'd given up on getting one and switched the character to another sculpt (DC Clemans) which actually worked out well for the character and I'm happy with the end result.

9. @jessholy You should check the for sale posts also. Not everyone who lists something thinks to check the WTB's.

10. @Iron_Dog I think with my faeries, their sculpt is their character. I haven't renamed Idrial, Nenad, or Rick. They've stayed with those names and have let their personalities shine through how they pose and what they wear. I always liked Azur's face and how calm he seemed.

@nancy_schroeder_ca I do occasionally search through those - I haven't had too much luck but I do check when I am in active I WANT THISSSSS!!! mode. I guess I could make it a daily thing now that I am stuck at home due to the pandemic.

11. @jessholy Ahhh. I suppose I'm fortunate enough in that my face-blindness allows for me to have more flexibility with regards to sculpts for characters. It's not always that way mind you. Some characters MUST be certain sculpts but I have switched things around when certain dolls fell through/I missed out on.

I know he's OT for this thread but have you seen the new 30cm boy Granado is releasing as part of their 9th anniversary? If you wanted a gentle, serene sort of look, Galileo fits the bill in my opinion. I know you said the sculpt is the character but it doesn't hurt to look, right? The release of the Zen body in 30cm format is wildly tempting, too, but I literally just purchased a doll yesterday and I'm tapped out on funds *sigh*.

12. @Iron_Dog I find a lot of dolls to be cute or pretty but I only own the few I have because something in their sculpt said I AM SOANDSO, BRING ME HOME!!! Like yeah the faeries don't have names of their own but all my bigger dolls are Tolkien characters. I don't have an actual army of elves because I am at least a little discerning. (Now if I owned a huge house, was a millionaire, I would have an army of elves haha!)

While I am not fond of the head sculpt, the body is a possibility if I somehow end up with an Azur head and no body haha! It's nice to know there are other options for bodies even at this size. Resin matching is where I fail though.

I slightly regret cancelling Metato Cosmic Sprite but I know I cancelled for a reason. Maybe I can buy him later or his outfit if I find I really regret it. Rick very firmly told me "I am NOT wearing that. Forget it!" when I thought about just getting the outfit. He's my manly man elf/faery who might end up working for Melkor if I ever stop sticking them in Barbie clothes. (They fit so well though Rick certainly lacks outfits, Nenad and Idrial have a TON of clothes.)

13. I'm a dolly hoarder. I own 65 dolls. Thank the gods that not all my characters demand to be shelled in resin or I'd have as many as my wallet (and space) would allow.

If you're looking for bodies, MiracleDoll also does mature tinies. I have the 63cm Snake Demon and he's a beautiful doll (i'm obviously biased here), their quality is very good and the price won't totally kill your wallet. While Hylocereus is technically SD in size due to the length of his tail, he's actually more in line with the FL Chicline dolls (smaller, slender mature MSD) for scale purposes. I'm not 100% sure but I think I saw that you can purchase just the body. This is the mature human body with a pointy-eared head: BJD YanXi Human Ver. 30CM Boll-jointed doll_1/3 size boy_Miracle Doll_DOLL_Ball Jointed Dolls (BJD) company-Legenddoll

14. If Soom is not going to offer non-fantasy options for some of their dolls, it would be nice if they did FCE offerings more often with that as an option. That's how I got my tan Soom fairy/elf. He's a Boehm head on the Azur human body. Though doll lines this scale seem to get very little love.:pout: While mermaid dolls are cool, I no idea what I'd do with one.

15. @Leo Pheonix I'm waiting to see what they post. While mermaids are not something I collect, if the blushing is right, maybe...I just don't know. I've wanted Azur for a while and missed out on the FCE.

16. Well, if I am reading it correctly, it seems like he comes with the Mini Gem Body AND the mermaid part...but it's unclear if he comes blushed or not. I asked them about it on the Q&A but we'll see how long it takes to reply. =/

17. Well they replied that face up and body blushing isn't available. Anyone know someone who does face ups on such tiny dolls? And possibly body blushing?

18. There’s a few people probably on the marketplace that do!

Also what sort of clothes fit the female and male mini gems? I’m struggling to find clothes that fit and I’ve just bought a second hand Aenigma!

19. My fairy girls can wear some Barbie clothes, and clothes made for Ken or GI Joe type action figures tend to fit the guys. Some things may be a bit loose. Men's shoes made for the same dolls tend to fit too. I sew most of the clothes mine wear using patterns made for Barbie or Ken and having things loose the shoulders is my biggest problem. I've got a pair of Ruby Red Galleria shoes that fit my girls.

20. I make all my guys clothes so I'm not much help on the where to buy thing. I tend to use stretchy fabric that's also thin (dress socks are pretty good for this) and wide ribbon that's more or less open in the back so they can wear their wings.