1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Faery Legend discussion part 4

Apr 30, 2018

1. Also the Who's that girl? line from Volks fits them pretty well too - the looser the style the better. But yeah, mostly Barbie doll clothes. I think Blythe/Pullip clothes would fit too.

2. I am also going to need a wig...or I am going to have to change my WTB post to just his full set items. I loved his original wig.

3. Blythe clothes are a bit too tiny round the waist when you look at the measurements sadly (at least according to Soom’s chart) but thank you I’ll look into making clothes or buying some Barbie clothes for now :)

4. If I can ever convince Nenad and Idrial to go through their clothes, I can always send some your way. They are of course modern in style - fantasy Barbie clothes might have to be found on ebay or snatched from collector dolls. Or like you said - make them yourself! One day I will get to that...maybe...

5. Awww that’s super sweet! The style I would want would be pure fantasy sadly...that’s the issue of course because there aren’t that many around! Making them seems like the best way forward!

6. Azur already “sold out” wow...

7. He was only 20 in quantity. Here's hoping that when he comes home, he has the mini gem human body with him.

8. Did they say he would?

9. The sale page made it sound like he would while their Q&A response made it sound like he wouldn't. So I took a chance and ordered him. I guess we'll see when he comes home.

10. Hmmm that’s really weird of them! Bit disappointing about the lack of clothes and wig though...

Wish they would actually make more clothes for their dolls. The shelves are looking a bit empty nowadays

11. @Muraki88 Oh yeah for sure. As a company, their recent releases have been pretty...lackluster. Either no eyes, no wig, no clothes, or one of those but not all. In some cases - like Azur - it is literally just a doll!

12. That doesn’t make a lot of sense to me at all...

13. @Muraki88 I think it has to do with whoever is in charge of the company these days. Not too long ago they were bringing Idealian design teams over for sculpts, so who knows who is in charge of this or that. All I know is there no true Full Set with them - at least on the Gem site - anymore. Their Customer Service team...doesn't seem to care that it bothers customers. Clearly enough people buy their dolls that they figure they don't have to please everyone or make everything they show in a picture. It's frustrating and disappointing.

14. I guess we'd have to start going second hand in order to show our frustration...

15. @Muraki88 I guess? That works for older models or certain things for sure. I might go second hand for that Metato...I keep slightly regretting cancelling him but at the same time I cancelled him because he would just be a doll and an outfit. I would have to search out a wig and eyes and at the time, I wasn't willing to do that. It's different with Azur - I've wanted him for 3 years so I jumped on getting him.

16. Of course, if you see a doll you really want, I would never ever suggest not getting it :)

My problem is, Soom are already expensive, to not get the option for full-sets seems like a p**s take to me. Definitely not got the customer in mind here in my opinion.

17. @Muraki88 I passed up so many of him because it was siren body only, so I am hoping this one has the mini gem boy body like it said, and if not...well maybe he'll go on the market...I don't know, it all depends on what I get when he finally comes home.

I agree, they are expensive. Maybe not the most expensive out there but definitely not the cheapest. I think it's ok to have the option to just buy the doll for people who don't want the wigs/eyes/outfits but some people like to have exactly what they see in the promo photos. I know I tend to want it all unless I can envision them in something else. At this size, I appreciate being able to buy clothes and a wig WITH the doll. Those are harder for me to find and I am not a crafty person. I do not mind paying people for their expertise in doll clothing or wigs...or paying the company if they will sell it to me.

I'm still surprised they weren't offering face up or blushing. I said I was willing to pay for it and they said no so I feel like this release was to move stock they found in a warehouse or something.:huh?:

18. I'm one of those people who never buys a full set because my vision of the doll is usually way different than how the company styled it. However, I will add a face-up to my purchase if I like the style and it fits with what I have in mind. Quite a few of my guys have company defaults and I purchased them that way. To not even offer the face-up as an option seems... backwards to me when I'm absolutely sure there's people who'd check that box thus giving the company more money. There's a lot of people who can't or don't want to do their own face-ups and it's nice to get a doll painted straight out of the box.

19. @Iron_Dog I told them I wanted to pay for one and I got a "we're not doing it." I guess I could keep pressuring them but at this point I don't even see my payments coming out of my account so I am kind of concerned where I stand order wise. Regardless, you would think a face up would be a basic thing to offer but Soom is...on a path I cannot follow very far or fathom to understand.

20. Yes I completely agree with this! I’ve got to the point now where I never order a faceup or body blushing because I love to do my own.

However the fact that the option doesn’t even exist is beyond my understanding...