1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Faery Legend discussion part 4

Apr 30, 2018

1. That is strange for them not to offer a face-up. Especially with a doll limited to only 20. The last doll I ordered from Soom was Juchy back in 2016, and they were still providing to option to order the doll as shown. Except for sometimes misleading resin color names. Both my Noellia and Juchy were a different color than I expected.

2. It makes no sense to me! However I suppose it’s good for individual artists, perhaps they will receive more commissions now!

Oh really? What was the difference in the skin tone?

3. Noellia is "Coffee Black" but is the color of grape juice. Juchy is "Light Violet" but is light blue with a purple tint. Here's my Juchy in her wings with a Real Puki friend.
      [​IMG]Fairy and Witch

4. Soom has interesting ideas about resin colour and maintaining the same tone through out. I have a new-to-me Soom boy coming in grey resin. He'll be my 3rd Soom guy in grey. ignoring the mellowing he's supposed to have (he's from 2008), I'm willing to bet a large hunk of change that he'll be a completely different shade of grey than my other two guys (who are also different shades of grey *sigh*).

5. @Leo Pheonix Yeah, I even offered to pay more but nope. It is not being offered. It's also unclear if he does or doesn't come with all his parts for his price. On the Q&A board they said mermaid only but on the actual product page it said all the parts. So...I'm unsure what is what but I paid for him and I guess I have to wait and see. Their service as a company has gone down in my opinion.:|

@Iron_Dog So you might have fifty shades of grey?:XD:

@Muraki88 I'm willing to commission artists when I need to but I did always love Azur's default face up. Now I will never have it.:sigh

6. I own 12 grey dolls (I have a wee bit of a weakness for coloured resin, grey in particular). None of them are the same shade. That's fine though as most are from different companies so I don't expect them to be the same. I love the dark grey of RS, the purple undertones of Granado's syringa (which is actually the scientific name for the lilac tree!) and the unique greenish cast of Lume Doll zombie skin. Most of my other grey guys are light/medium grey without interesting tones but I adore those, too.

7. Because of the unique size, I would think the faery legends would have fullset options! It’s so disappointing that even newly released dolls might not have fullset options. What if it’s your first faery doll? You’d have *nothing* that fits it. And they don’t sell them in their shop either... Really disappointed (and sad!) to see how far Soom has dropped in collector’s estimation. They used to be the best fantasy BJD out there. In a perfect world there would be monthly new releases, bi weekly outfits for all sizes, and a FCE every quarter for skintone and mix and match sculpt options. :D What a world that would be :whee:

8. Just chiming in regarding the lack of face-up option, it's possible that due to the pandemic, respirators and other necessary supplies are out of stock and/or that they are operating with fewer artists than normal.

9. But I think the other dolls released have had a faceup option recently right? You may be correct but if that’s the case Soom hasn’t said there’s a stoppage on faceups as a whole, it seems to be Azur only.

10. @Arekushia @Muraki88 is right. Azur and the other special online event doll did not have the face up option. The other releases this month, do. So why do these other new releases get face up options and these ones don't? I don't think it's a matter of staffing.

In fact, my Azur is already "preparing shipment." So I forget who said it - maybe it was @Anneke - but I think they found 20 lying around somewhere and are shipping them out. On one hand I am hoping it's a mini gem human body + all his siren parts. On another, I hope he was kept somewhere safe and dark because I don't want to have paid a company over $300 for a yellowed, neglected doll they forgot about for a decade. Either way it's good to know my order went through.

11. This is what gets me it says:

Including
      + Mini Gem Boy, Azur : Cream White
      Mini Gem Boy Body
      – Siren Parts : Mermaid Belly Parts, Fin Parts(4pcs) (*Parts Color : Blue Ice Pearl TR)
      – Azur Head (Pointy Ear)

Does that mean "boy body" as in human, or just the mermaid bits? Very confusing. I have to say the number of re-releases vs original designs is pretty poor. I'm a bit disappointed in them tbh. As at @Anneke said, there's also no shoes, clothes, wigs and eyes (?) for the little gems. So you have to make and/or commission everything, which is great IF you can...

12. They have been doing releases without faceups for some time. I think it may be related to staffing. Azur may have been planned for some event.

13. Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm happy to be wrong!) but most if not all of their most recent dolls, up to and including Galena, seem to have a faceup option. Am I missing something here? If staffing is an issue, it would be completely understandable, but I went back and looked as far as Isha Breathless moment, and can't see any other dolls without faceups offered.

If this is the case, why is this Azur release so expensive when compared to the original if we can't even select a faceup?

14. @nancy_schroeder_ca They seem to offer face ups for the SG. Which other releases aren't getting face up options?

15. I just looked and as far as I can see it's only the little/mini gems that aren't; as in Azur and Nive. This would lead me to think there might be a staffing issue...if so perhaps they will announce it? Seems strange to also charge so much for a totally blank Azur, but this may be due to inflation and the cost of materials...however, other companies seem to be releasing dolls with faceups and outfits just fine. So I'm going to go with potential lack of artists at Soom HQ right now.

16. There have been Idealian releases without a face up option:
      Kay Sept 2019
      Amor Oct 2018

It may depend on the faceups ordered recently.

17. Speaking of wigs and eyes, I've been hunting 8mm eyes of course, but when it comes to 4" wigs it's been a challenge. Does anyone have a good source for wigs that fit these lil things? I found this seller on Etsy, but since the wigs are 4-5" I'm a little nervous they'll be too big.

18. Monique are pretty good. Iwa-Xine wear a Monique Pretty Girl in electra. Sleet wears a wig I made him so that's not going to help you much.

19. They're technically a size 3-4 wig. I need to find a Monique wig I like...or commission one.