1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Faery Legend discussion part 4

Apr 30, 2018

1. I did a group order for some friends not long before they closed and I'm super glad I did. There was an event going on (I didn't know at the time) and the free eyes were absolutely perfect for Kathiel (Unidoll Ark) who hated every pair of eyes I tried in his head.

If you're looking for some small Oscar Eyes, Doll Peddlar has some still left in stock.
      6mm (pink only): Eye Boutique | 6mm Eyes | Doll Peddlar | Dolls, Clothing and Accessories
      They've also got some larger sized Oscar Eyes in stock (no 8mm though) if you're looking for eyes for other dolls in your collection.

Eyes can be tough to make in the smaller sizes in my experience. Once you hit 10mm though, it's not bad. You just need to make sure to go slow when you pour the resin and try to pop any air bubbles before curing (I've had some oops moment where I forgot to do that). I find it fun and creative to make eyes. Although this done mean that I have a LOT of spare eyes now.

2. I didn't know they had closed until Fabric Friends had moved them to their discontinued page. I would have bought from them directly one last time if I had known...I like to support artists directly if I can.

I did just order a larger pair from them - I had been eyeing for several years actually haha and kept passing it up so here's hoping I like them when they come in! I am not a pink eye person though and that's all that's left for the 6mm.

Spare eyes = a weird art project some time! Like a googly eye monster but not googly haha!

3. I am SO PUMPED that I am now a proud Faery owner! :dance I'd love to see more of all your faeries to celebrate!

[​IMG]

4. What a lovely girl you have, @Anneke ! An old pic of mine from the day I got my Rick. My Noellia has better eyes now, but the poor girl is still blank.
      [​IMG]Greeting

5. Ohhh so cute!

Are you still looking for a faceup artists who can work on such a small sculpt in dark resin? I was just thinking how grateful I am that this doll came with her default faceup.

6. I intend to do it myself. I have the supplies and others that are blank, I just haven't managed to do it.

7. Ahhh, yes, the never ending Dolly-Do List. Take one item off it as complete and three more fill the space.

8. @SteamWitch I look his Doc Brown/Albert Einstein hair. His shirt is pretty spiffy too.

9. This is an awesome look!! So much energy!

10. My Kremer has definitely aged since having him, what size wig do the guys wear? His default wig from Soom is showing it's age.

11. Mine wear a 3-4

12. Thanks for the info, time to order him a new wig.

13. I'm possibly going to custom order a wig from someone on etsy for Azur's wig but we'll see. I'm just not a fan of bangs on dolls so maybe I will still go with the one Monique wig I liked. Hmmm. He needs to come home first though.

14. Blunt cut bangs need to be consigned to the deepest pits of hell.

15. I got a Leekeworld Sissy 3" wig for my girl in "royal lavender". It fits PERFECTLY but it's thin on top and the wig cap is clearly visible through the hair. Super bummed, I really liked this look on her. I put a 3" silicone wig cap on my girl and her default Soom wig (which was definitely too big for her) fits fine now.

[​IMG]

16. I hear ya, my Kremer's wig is showing it's age along with him and he seems sad cause he has aged, but I do love the little guy, I would take a photo of him, but my doggy would think he is a play toy. I wish Soom would make wigs in this size again.

17. I've found that an issue with several light coloured Leeke wigs I've purchased over the years. I "fixed" the problem with one wig by dying it dark although at the right angle the wefts are still visible. It was an imperfect fix though as the reason I bought it was because it was one of their art wigs & I liked the original colourway of it.

18. I really love Leeke wigs, most of my dolls wear them! I was surprised to see such shoddy quality come from them :(