1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Feedback (ALL)

Jul 26, 2005

1. What did you order?
      Soom MD Breccia w/faceup, short fur wig, a shirt, pair of pants and a pair of eyes.
      When did you order?
      March 9, 2010
      How was the communication?
      Excellent. I had a situation where my shipping address had to change a month after the order was placed. They even emailed me to confirm that the new shipping address was correct before sending the order. Very polite and quick to respond!
      How easy was it to pay?
      Through credit card. Very easily set up.
      How long did it take to ship?
      Once I had the shipping notice, five days. It was very fast! In all, I waited just over two months for her.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Well worth the price. She's so beautiful and even without seam sanding, only two spots seem to be noticeable. The clothes that were bought for her are very well made and should last her quite a long time.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Much better. She's prettier without all the photoshopping that was done on the soom site. I cannot explain just how beautiful she is, even with that bust!
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      Very much so.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      ---
      Would you order from this company again?
      Possibly so, depending on monetary situations. Not long after I ordered there was a round of fun things that prevented me from picking up another doll quickly as I had hoped. But in the future there are plans for at least one more.
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes, depending on condition and price.

2. What did you order?
      Soom MD Chalco - blank, no extras
      When did you order?
      February 5th, 2010
      Didn't have much direct communication with them, but what I did have was friendly. Updates were sent via email.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Their payment process is extremely unreliable in Firefox and even glitches sometimes in IE. A bit of a hassle but nothing major.
      Made my final layaway payment on March 31st, he shipped May 10th, I received him May 18th.
      Very much so. Every bit of the doll is gorgeous and well-made.
      Yes. I'd say he looks even better. Soom's ultra-Photoshopped pictures really don't do their products justice.
      Very.
      N/A
      Definitely.
      Yes, depending on the seller, the condition they're in and the price.

3. What did you order?
      Soom MD Appini blank + TUC2001 (Clothes for Teenie Gem)
      When did you order?
      2010 / 04/ 08
      I only needed to check two items from them, but they were rather fast, polite and efficient (they did forget a request in the end, but... things happen)
      How easy was it to pay?
      very easy through paypal. The only problem was that their shopping cart was not working for me, so in the end I just paid manually. Still, I personally don't think it's a problem.
      The item was on layaway, and paid in full on 21st April. The doll was shipped on 1st June and arrived at my house on 9th of June. Considering all the stories about Soom and their shipping schedules, I think it was extremely quick ^_^;
      Definitely. She's a cute sculpt and also very well made for my taste. There are tiny seams though, but they don't bother me at all since most of my dolls do have them and they aren't situated in places that would be exposed anyway.
      Yes.
      Yes
      N/A
      I already have, and possibly will buy even more, provided I find another appealing sculpt. I would prefer NS skin dolls, though, so not sure if I will be buying any more MDs.
      Yes, depending on the quality though.

4. What did you order?
      CW Dia head on a male Super Gem body; extra magnets
      When did you order?
      24. April 2010
      Good at first; I always got very prompt replies using their Q&A board, but towards the end, when I was asking them to please not downmark my box (repeatedly asking them, I might add), I suddenly had a feeling they didn't understand a word I was saying. Needless to say my box was downmarked.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy with Paypal. A few clicks - money gone.
      A little over a month.
      Yes. His resin is amazing and he is overall simply flawless. Just like I imagined him.
      Since the sales pictures are of a NS Dia girl, not exactly of course. It's definitely the same gorgeous head as in the promo pics though ;)
      Very much so.
      N/A
      Yes.
      Yes.

5. COMPANY NAME: Soom

What did you order? MD Breccia Moon Wish Fullset, Bi-Weekly Dress, leggings, and magnets.

When did you order? March 5th, 2010. Finished paying layaway on April 1st, 2010.

How was the communication? Very good, I used the Q&A board, answers came within a day or two.

How easy was it to pay? Slightly confusing at first, but easier if you use Internet Explorer.

How long did it take to ship? I received her in early June, so about 2 months after I completed layaway (I also added a Bi-weekly Dress to the order about 3-4 weeks before she shipped out and it didn't slow her down).

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, very good quality. Beautiful workmanship.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Better, Soom dolls always look even better in person.

Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, very.

Would you order from this company again? Yes, I plan to.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, I already have boughten two Soom heads, two sets of fantasy parts, and two human bodies second hand.

6. What did you order?
      MA Sabik in Normal skin, eyes, wig and underwear.

When did you order?
      May 17, 2010.

Good, I got answers to my questions in 24 hours.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy with credit card.

I got shipping notice on May 20, my boy arrived on June 2, but just because shipment was held by customers, who requested certificate for the doll.

Yes.

Yes. Sabik is very beautiful doll even without face-up. Soom eyes are stunning... better in reality, thought they look a bit different in color, the wig is also very beautiful.

Now I'm very satisfied :) But wasn't at first as I opened my box. See below.

My boy arrived without his feet and hands... I was very shocked. I contacted Soom the same day, they answered me next day, apologized and promised to sent those hands and feet immediately.
      I got my missing parts in one week, they even added some gifts - wig and little memo book.

Yes, if I ever manage to get another BJD. Soom dolls are simply amazing :) And they solve the problems really fast :)

I'm not sure... I prefer to buy direct through company.

7. What did you order?
      Breccia - Faceup and body blushing, no wig/eyes/clothes.

When did you order?

March 10, 2010

Unknown, I never really check my email and I didn't have any questions that needed answering.

How easy was it to pay?

Wonderful and smooth transactions through Paypal.

It seemed like it took maybe 1 week. I sent in my last payment, and before I could even think about it, she arrived. I believe I received her 1 week after my last payment.

I adore her but seeing as I have never seen another BJD, I don't think I'm qualified to say. But in my opinion she shows quality workmanship. Pricing seems to run in line with the rest of the popular BJD brands.

Yes definitely. Even without her eyes and her clothing, her faceup is every bit as lovely as the pictures on the site.

Definitely.

N/A

Yes definitely.

Absolutely. I love Soom products and I have had a wonderful experience, so if in the future I find something I want and someone else is selling it, I will definitely buy it. I like the Soom quality.

8. What did you order?

A silver button-down shirt in Mecha Angel size, a black necktie, and a pair of high heeled black boots in Super Gem size.

When did you order?

Last week.

Great! I left a message on the Q&A board asking if I could change the size of an item after I placed my order, and they changed it right away.

How easy was it to pay?

Very easy through Paypal.

Shipped the next working day after I ordered, even with the size change!

Very much so. The boots are real leather, the shirt and tie are silk and they are all very high-quality construction.

Yes.

Yes.

N/A.

Yes.

N/A, I never buy second hand.

9. What did you order?
      NS Dia on a Super Gem male body
      When did you order?
      May 17, 2010
      Fine. They answered my questions within the next business day.
      How easy was it to pay?
      very easy through paypal.
      3 days o__o I was pretty shocked.
      Yes. The resin is excellent quality and the Dia sculpt looks even more amazing in person.
      Well I bought Dia on a boy body, without faceup, so obviously it was a little different, but overall, yes.
      extremely :)
      -
      Definitely.
      Most likely, though it would depend on certain factors.

10. What did you order?
      Soom MD Appini with outfit and Neo AngelRegion Nappy Choo with 4 outfits
      When did you order?
      March 26th, 2010, added Nappy to the order on April 26th
      Very good. Usually got answers the next day. Very easy, used Paypal.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy, used Paypal.
      Almost exactly three months which was acceptable considering I had added Nappy Choo a month after Appini was ordered.
      Very much so! Appini is gorgeous and Nappy is precious. Appini is perfectly strung and Nappy is a tiny bit wobbly but that's not a big problem at all.
      Yes! Even better!
      Definitely.
      ---
      Possibly. It all depends on what they release in the future! They have good quality and nice dolls so I would be willing to buy again.
      Yes, definitely. Already have before!

~Note: When I messaged Soom asking about my order, they gave me the same vague response they usually do but when I explained I was moving soon, they promised to ship it out the next week and they did! They also don't mark down the value of their packages which is nice. I give them very high marks for customer service.~

11. What did you order?
      Soom MD Breccia
      When did you order?
      February 26th, 2010
      Very good, answered all my questions quickly and politely.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Easy, used paypal
      Three months and about two weeks. Not to bad for a fullset doll.
      She is my first doll, but I was seriously impressed. Her box and pillow were great, and all of her items were well made. I was really impressed with her wig.
      Yes. She looked the same.
      Yes! She is perfect.
      ---
      Yes, I would for sure.
      I would consider it.

12. What did you order?
      Soom MD Syen
      When did you order?
      June 3rd, 2010
      Didn't need to contact them.
      How easy was it to pay?
      easy, done through paypal, quick and painless!
      about 1 month, arrived today
      Totally, the doll was so much cuter than the Promos. Unspeakably adorable.
      seeing mine is blank, I really can't say they did. ^^; however my Syen does look like the blank pictures presented in their gallery.
      of course
      N/A
      yup c:
      yes i will, but depends of the condition and seller.

13. Firstly, I apologize for all the img, but I really must show to let everyone know Soom's really terrible QC
      What did you order?
      [MD/April] Monzo - Stone Heart

When did you order?
      2010-04-26

By email. Takes about a day for them to reply, even when I reply to them within an hour.
      By board. Takes about a day.
      No replies during weekends (when everyone is the least busy =_=)

How easy was it to pay?
      No paypal payment request. Log into Paypal to Send Money.

2010-07-12. 2 months and a week and a half

He is HUGE. The fantasy parts and outfit are very beautiful and very detail.
      !!BUT!! (See "Were you satisfied with the product?")

Soom always glam their photos....

When Monzo arrive, everything was fine BUT I was shock to see the wings having a huge scratch/dent marking on the inner side of the wing! (see white powdery part) There is also this, what I believe to be glue residue on the top of the wing plug. (see images below)
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/fossilangel/bbb/2010_0712_SoomMonzo/IMG_2441.jpg
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/fossilangel/bbb/2010_0712_SoomMonzo/IMG_2444.jpg

At the request of my splitter (who split for the wings), I sent them back to Soom for a replacement.

Today I got them and I am very very shock at the state they are in! It was worse than the wings I've send back!

The edge of the wing is very rough and scratched. The wings talons are all dented!

This is totally unacceptable!!!

Here are the pictures of the wings.
      [​IMG]
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/fossilangel/sale/Monzo Wing Damage/IMG_2668.jpg
      [​IMG]
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/fossilangel/sale/Monzo Wing Damage/IMG_2666.jpg
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/fossilangel/sale/Monzo Wing Damage/IMG_2665.jpg
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/fossilangel/sale/Monzo Wing Damage/IMG_2664.jpg
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I'm going to ask them for another replacement. They better do it right this time. :x

I do like their dolls but I do not know anymore. Their quality check is flushed down the loo. This is not the first time they have disappointed me with their poor quality. :x I think I will avoid them for now.

Hey, if the price is right...

14. What did you order?
      Soom MD Ai

When did you order?
      February 2010

It was decent at first, but once I had a payment dispute, communications ceased.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy with Paypal

It hasn't yet, and that's the problem.

I haven't seen it yet, but I have ordered Soom dolls in the past and they are very nice.

Yes.

see above

They haven't.
      ---
      Probably not, unless I was paying in full and not layaway.

yes

15. What did you order?
      2 blank Soom MD Appini, one with outfit

When did you order?
      March 2010

It was excellent, usually reply within next working day

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy with Paypal

About one or two weeks after I finished my layaway :o

It was definitely worth it~ :)

Yes, the blank one though

Very

They were very helpful when I split the Appinis to ship separately
      ---
      Probably, if anything catches my eye and by layaway.

Already did~

16. * What did you order?
      Soom Monzo, with make-up. Plus a set of pastels.

* When did you order?
      28th April 2010, paid final payment

* How was the communication?
      I could expect a reply within three days of posting ont he Q&A board. Not super fast. Most of the time, my question would be within two days, but they did have I think, two holidays during my order's waiting time.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Paypal, linked through the order content page, which is very handy. Very easy.

* How long did it take to ship?
      The package was shipped 13th August 2010. Customs deleyed this further though, not to the fault of Soom.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Honestly, yes and no. The wings had not been packaged at all, just left to free-float around the box, resulting in of of them being broken upon arrival, which takes over a month to sort out. The doll cost a lot to say that the resin is shiney in places, the headcap is beyond rediculasly sculpted and poorly designed. The wings BOTH arrived with rather sharp custting around the bottoms, like little care was taken, both with some messy casting flaws. Redeemingly, the doll itself (human) is very easy to pose, very sturdy and can stand unaided by just placing him down. The joints lock and the elbow peanuts do not twist - a first for Soom! Still, I feel like I might have gotten something just as good for cheaper with a quicker, better-communicated service and better care for packaging.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Sort of, I was not quite prepared for how big the ears are or how big the doll actually is!

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      A wing arrived broken as the result of poor packaging.
      http://www.sugar-coated.org/BJD/Damage/MonzoWingDamage.jpg
      http://www.sugar-coated.org/BJD/Damage/MonzoWing2.jpg
      http://www.sugar-coated.org/BJD/Damage/MonzoWing3.jpg

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      Soom were very quick to respond on their Q&A board about this problem. They asked for additional pictures then quickly agreed to replace it. They told me to ship it out as soon as possible and refunded the postage cost to my paypal account, which I then used to purchase arm replacement parts. Soom are shipping the replacement wing with the arms at my request (I'd like only one customs charge if I have to pay them!). I will update this feedback when the replacement arrives.

* Would you order from this company again?
      Every time I say I won't, but I do. If it were not for Soom's very fair layaway feature, I would not, but as it stands, paying off an expensive item slowly has allowed me to stay in the hobby. I may order from them again.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      I would prefer it. Soom are notorious for their after-problems and slowness. Cutting that out is a dream!

17. What did you order?
      Soom Faery Legend Nenad fullset with biweekly outfit.

When did you order?
      15th of july.

I never wrote to them so there was no communication.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy, I used Paypal.

Got a shipping notice september 8, arrived september 13th, so just under two months.

Yes! She's beautiful.

Yes, even better in person.

Yes.

N/A

If they released something I really liked then yes.

If the seller had good feedback and the item was in relatively good condition then yes I would.

18. What did you order?
      Soom Faery Legend Nenad fullset (minus faceup/blushing/sanding)

When did you order?
      2nd of july.

I never wrote to them so there was no communication.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy, I used Paypal.

Got a shipping notice september 8, arrived september 13th, so just under two months.

Yes!

better in person.

Yes.

N/A

I already did... another fairy, Mixi

I did. it's nice finding here and there something I like

19. What did you order?
      Soom Nenad
      When did you order?
      July 18, 2010 I believe
      I never needed to communicate with them, so that worked well!
      How easy was it to pay?
      Easy layaway with Paypal. They have a great system that keeps track of everything wonderfully.
      2 Weeks from my last layaway payment... so 3 months and 2 weeks total if you count that way. lol
      Soom's quality has never been a problem for me. Their prices are steep, but I don't regret a penny.
      Yes, I love her.
      Yup.
      N/A
      Definitely. I have bought from them in the past and I know I will probably be buying from them for a long time into the future.
      Yes absolutely.

20. What did you order?
      Soom Aphan
      When did you order?
      June 23 I think
      Great by the Q&A board, I always got a response by the next business day, but the one email I sent them got lost
      How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy. I like that their layaway is built into their checkout system.
      3 weeks or so after I finished my final payment so 3 months 3 weeks total
      Yes. The blushing is really lovely and the resin feels quite nice to the touch. The one problem I had was handled well.
      Yes, very happy on that account
      At first yes, but after I had had Aphan a short time he developed stress fractures in his knee.
      They had me send back the damaged leg and replaced it. They reimbursed me for shipping and they sent along a free wig. Throughout they were friendly and pleasant. The whole event took about two weeks.
      I've already got a Tuff on layaway.
      Yes