1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Feedback (ALL)

Jul 26, 2005

1. What did you order?
      Soom Lami, blank with outfit, eyes and wig.

When did you order?
      20th April 2011

How was the communication?
      Fine. I didn't have any queries or problems so didn't contact them directly, but they sent purchase/payment confirmations and the shipping notice.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy. I used PayPal via the checkout on the Soom website.

How long did it take to ship?
      I paid it off in early June and it shipped late August.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes, the quality was very nice.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes, generally speaking. The necklace in the outfit was a little tight and needs to be modified, but aside from that everything was great.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

Would you order from this company again?
      Yes

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes, certainly.

2. What did you order?
      Soom MD Little Gem Shale with OE FaceUp + Outfit + Wig

When did you order?
      May 16th, 2011 [paid him of on the June 6th, 2011]

Good, my questions were answered fast on the Q&A board.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy with PayPal, but the checkout on the webpage didn't work for me so I had to send it manually.

He was shipped on the August 25th.

I'm not sure.
      Overall he looks very beautiful, the FaceUp is stunning & the outfit is lovely but inside the OE Head, the place where the S-hook is placed is in a poor state.
      The surface of the hooves are different (one is smooth and the other has tiny bubbles on it).
      One of the wings is chipped on the brim inside where the magnet is placed.
      And you can see the cap through the wig.
      All small things which can't be seen or can be worked over but still I'm used to a better quality especially for such a price.

Yes.

Yes and no.
      I didn't expect to get such a quality from Soom because in comparison my Amber & Uyoo are absolut perfect.

I didn't contact Soom because the 'problems' are minor and can be corrected or aren't visible on the outside.

I'm not sure at the moment... I tend to no.
      I understand that the Soom is very popular company with many fans which can put a strain on the quality with so many orders.
      But if Soom lower the quantity of releasing so many 'limited' dolls so they are able to pay more attention to the quality and I see a doll which I like I'll order again from them.

Yes.

3. What did you order?
      Soom MD Little Gem Shale with OE FaceUp + Outfit + Wig + Eyes+ Extra stuffs (wig, 5 teenie gem pans)

When did you order?

24th May 2011 on layaway [paid off on 6th July 2011]

Very good.

How easy was it to pay?

I use my credit card and everything is so easy except you have to use Explorer not Firefox when paid.

He was shipped on the 1st September 2011.

Good:
      Not quite sure what to say. He has a beautiful face sculpt and body. His outfit is very detail and perfect. So well done Soom ^___^

Bad:
      I am not very impress with his face up. When you looks closely at his face up, you can tell it is very rashly done. Inside the OE head and especially the romantic head, the place where the S-hook go in is very badly done. The hook can't go inside the romantic head at all. The head cap doesn't close properly and show a big gap.His wig is even in worse condition or maybe I am not used to see a wig cap show through the hair.
      All small things which can't be seen or can be worked over but still I'm used to a better quality especially for such a price.

Here is a link to the box opening which you can have a better idea about the quality http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?470980-My-half-god-and-half-demon-Shale-Soom-______
      Please Soom, take a better care of quality control before sending your doll out;)

Yes but not what I was expected.

Yes and no.
      I am satisfied with face, body sculpt, horn, wings, hooves and outfit.
      I am not satisfied with face up, wigs, inside the head and the gap of the head cap

If you weren't satisfied,how did the company solve your problem?
      I didn't contact Soom because I am an easy going customer ^___^. If I don't like a face up then I can just ask someone to redo it. Wig can also be order from somewhere else. Most of this can be fix so no bother to complaints.
      Normally I don't complain to company unless the part is broken and needs to be replace.

Well I did already T___T. I ordered Nor and Obsidius before my Shale arrived. So I am kind of worry that my future dolls will come home with some problems either this or that.
      I know that Soom is a big and popular company that have a lot of order every months. This may cause problem on their quality control to finish a large amount of dolls every month.

But if I am to expecting to receive doll with minor problems like this all the times then I will restrain myself to order any more doll from Soom. For the high price of doll, I don't want to do any fixing myself. All I want to do is the doll arrive in perfect state and ready to play.

No, I love to buy first hand.

4. What did you order?
      Soom MD Lami - blank with seam sanding

When did you order?
      14th April 2011

Very good! I asked them to add to my order a couple of times, which they did very graciously. I also bugged them with miscellaneous questions about doll names and the like, to which they also responded kindly, and I once inquired about the approximate shipping time, the answer to which was very accurate and fast. ^^ I also had what I thought was a problem with my order, but more on that below.

How easy was it to pay?
      Ran into a little bit of trouble using the credit card check-out system on Safari/Mac. However, it was very easy to cancel the unpaid order and simply check-out again with Paypal without a single glitch.

Paid in full in the middle of April, shipped on July 11th; almost 3 months, or 60-ish business days.

Yep! Beautiful, detailed, poses like a dream. The seam sanding was flawless, you'd think the doll never had any seams to begin with!

Yep (well, minus the face-up, but I didn't want it anyways)! ^^

Yes. For the most part. There were what I thought to be two problems - one, on the human head, one of the eyewells above the eyelid seemed to be really thin. Two, the hole for the S-hook in the surprise head was kind of crude and had a bit of flash in it.

I immediately messaged Soom about the eyelid issue - about the 18th of July. Victoria, who answers Soom's QnA, was on holidays at the time, so she told me that the issue would have to wait until she was back. At the beginning of August I messaged her again, and she e-mailed me asking for more detailed pictures of the problem. I took them and sent them right away, and she got back to me the very next day, asking me to ship the head back for a replacement. As it turned out, I was a spoon, and there actually wasn't a problem with the head at all. However, Soom handled this exceptionally kindly - they offered me a resin-matched replacement anyways, and still refunded the full $65 cost in shipping it took to send it back to them. The replacement was mailed out to me within two weeks, and it was flawless. They also threw in a nice free gift (a wig) and an apology card.

I didn't bother to ask about the flash in the S-hook slot because it can be easily sanded out.

Yes. I received both an excellent product and exceptional customer service. However, I am still slightly hesitant to order, mostly due to the seemingly hectic pace that Soom releases dolls, and the definite observable slip in quality because of this. This is not enough to dissuade me from ordering a doll I really want from them, but it will still make me think twice.

Most certainly.

5. What did you order?
      Soom MD Little Gem Shale with OE FaceUp + Seam sanding

When did you order?
      May 18th

Very good, i had to change the shipping address and they responded and changed it quickly.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy with paypal. I did have issues paying with my first browser though and Soom suggested i try IE and it worked.

He was shipped on the August 25th and arrived on the 31st.

Yes and no. Overall he is a very beautiful doll, but like others the S-hook opening seems a bit sloppy compared to my other doll. While i don't mind it too much i expected better for his price.

Yes.

Overall yes.

I didn't contact them over the S-hook opening, it's very minor so i don't mind.

Most likely yes.

Yes.

6. What did you order?
      Soom Shale, blank.

When did you order?
      May 23rd, 2011.

I didn't need to contact them, so the only communication were the automatic e-mails.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy per PayPal.

I received the shipping notice early in August, but because he had to go through customs, I was able to get him up on the 15th.

Yes. I had no problems with the product other than the fact that the S-hook curve was just a little bit bigger in diameter than the neck opening, but that was easily fixed with the help of pliers. The doll itself is perfect.

Yes.

Yes.

N/A

Yes. Have already.

Yes, and I have done so previously already.

7. * What did you order? SOOM Idealian London
      * When did you order? June 6, 2011
      * How was the communication? Wonderful, though I didn't need much ^.^
      * How easy was it to pay? Very! Paypal!
      * How long did it take to ship? Delivery notice September 8, 2011.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Well...not really, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY DOLL, but, I feel like I've paid less money for better quality dolls ^^;
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Oh no. He looks SO much better in person. The sales pictures do him no justice at all!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? YES! But as I said, I was a little disappointed in the quality for the price. But I absolutely love him! ​

8. What did you order?
      SO Aloa human with human ears.

When did you order?
      June 23, 2011, PIF.

Fine, I didn't try to contact them outside of the automated emails.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy via paypal.

3 months.

I'd like to say yes, but I think the quality is lower compared to my MD Yrie. Aloa's resin is thin around his eye wells and head cap and wrists and ankles. That seemed like a common problem from what I read in the waiting room. There was also what looks like superglue drip on the inside of his headcap, and the sanding on his forehead area is uneven and the rear magnet can be seen through the resin. My Aloa weighs half an ounce less than my Yrie with human parts. Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but I feel like I have to treat him more delicately than Yrie.

Yes, except I ordered him blank.

Not completely. He's very cute and was able to stand right out of the box, but I can't help comparing him to my MD Yrie. Aloa seems to be made with less resin and is faintly translucent compared to the old CW.

My issues are either minor or not considered defects, so I won't be contacting Soom about them.

Hesitantly. Hopefully their quality control gets better.

Yes.

9. * What did you order? Special Order Galena Sweet Witch without faceup and eyes.
      * When did you order? 07-03-2011
      * How was the communication? Great, leaving a question on the Q&A section is easy and Soom replies within a few days.
      * How easy was it to pay? I had her on layaway and for some reason I couldnt pay through the order page, it wouldn't work. So the first three payments were sent via paypal and the last payment was easy and worked on the order page.
      * How long did it take to ship? Very soon after my last payment, maybe like 2 weeks? They told me she would ship early November but she came early <3
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Oh yes, she was a special order, so nothing crazy expensive. Her elbows are a bit weird tho, I am not a fan of her body without clothes -_-;;
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Well yeah except my Galena is blank.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very. I just wish she was strung better out of the box.
      * Would you order from this company again? Mmm clothes yes, but I don't think I need another soom girl (I say now).
      * Would you buy this company's products second hand? I'd assume so.

10. What did you order?
      Little Gem Shale with faceup (both heads) + eyes + wig

When did you order?
      May 15th, 2011

Never ask something to them.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy (paypal)

Around 3 months.

It's kinda pricey but still reasonable.

His sculpt, yes.
      His faceup, not really. He is much brighter in real. Actually I chose him because he looked more natural than Adamelli in web pics. So, I'm a bit shocked when he was arrived.
      Soom miss to blush one of his R.head ears too. >.>
      His eyes color is really different under sunlight. But it will show up like web pics under some circumtances. ^^;;

He has S-hook problem with his R.head (the hole is too small). His wig cap show much.
      But beside that, my Shale is just lovely.

Never complain to them. My problems are really minor things. I just hope they read this thread and improve their quality check~ ^^

I will, when they release sculpts that I couldn't resist. XD

Would you buy this company's products second hand?
      Yes.

11. Positive

What did you order? Soom Idealian River, with his coronation set and a few extras.

When did you order? September 8th

How was the communication? Perfect.

How easy was it to pay? Paypal, no problem

How long did it take to ship? Received on the 28th of November.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes!

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yep!

Were you satisfied with the product? Very.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a

Would you order from this company again? Already done so twice!

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I have once, and will probably do so again.

12. What did you order?
      Faery Legend Auber in gray skin and Faery Legend Auber in white skin. Both blank.

When did you order?
      April 28th 2011 for the gray skin, I ordered the white skin boy 10 days later. Both were layaways.

It was great! All my questions and concerns were answered promptly. They merged my orders without fuss and acknowledged all of my payments on the Q&A.

How easy was it to pay?
      It was a bit of a hassle. Firefox had issues switching back and forth between Paypal and the Soom website and it usually took a couple of tries to get it to go through.

I paid off both layaways 2 months early and the dolls shipped in the first couple days of September.

Yes.

Yes.

The gray skin boy arrived with a broken ear tip but aside from that I am very pleased with my dolls.

Soom shipped a new head immediately along with a gift and let me keep the damaged head. The replacement showed up exactly 1 week after the arrival of the original dolls, very fast shipping. :D

Yep.

Sure.

13. Positive!

What did you order? Soom NS Sard

When did you order? Oct 24th 2010

How was the communication? N/A - Didn't communicate with them. I just paid them and away we went!

How easy was it to pay? Soom's pretty straightforward

How long did it take to ship? Received on the 29th December

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yep!

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yep!

Were you satisfied with the product? He's gorgeous :D

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

Would you order from this company again? Done so a few times now :) They're great

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes! Have done so for a few of my dolls now.

14. What did you order?
      Post MD bronze Sard and bronze Heliard (Heliot / Sard), two pairs of eyes (babyblueeclipse, nileblueeclipse)

When did you order?
      October 22nd 2011

Good.

How easy was it to pay?
      Not very, at first. I almost always pay with a credit card, and for whatever reason it wasn't going through on my computer even when trying multiple browsers (Mac with Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera). I had to use my mom's laptop to get it to work (PC with IE).

Around 2 months, they got here on Dec. 30th

&#8211;The bronze color's gorgeous, and there's no noticeable marbling.
      &#8211;The eyes are lovely in my opinion.
      &#8211;There were a few oddly shiny spots on them that I'm not overly concerned with because they're easily covered and not very noticeable.
      &#8211;The resin around their wrists seems a little thinner compared to my Chrom (I could be just imagining this though).
      &#8211;My Heliard's headcap sits a little weird but can be popped into place without much effort.
      &#8211;There was a small chip in my Heliard's wrist.
      &#8211;The s-hooks they sent have very sharp / rough edges that can scratch the resin (meaning I'll probably have to sand them down some).

We weren't directly given samples of how the bronze would look, but I had an idea from owner pics of other releases. Dunno if I can really say how much the dolls look like their original sales pictures either because I've already seen owner pictures / knew what to expect.

Very much so, overall :)

Victoria said they'll be sending me a replacement part soon, and the other things were really minor so I didn't bother to bring them up.
      [ edit ] the part was sent two weeks after Victoria's response (:

Yes, and this had been my third time.
      I love Soom for its sculpts and eyes.

15. I ordered already 3 dolls from Soom!!
      Imda Gian,Petite Modigli and another Petite Modigli,because she is so cute!
      Payment was easy,and Gian was shipped after 2 months,also the first Petite Modigli.The second was shipped after only 2 weeks!!
      The faceups are adorable,and Soom's service is great!
      I am sure to order again from Soom!

16. Aww so glad I found this thread :)

1st:

What did you order?

Soom MD Shale

When did you order?
      24th May 2011

Didn't communicate much, since I knew how their system works, and always paid on time :)

How easy was it to pay?
      Wasn't that easy, since at that time there was some problem with soom's paypal. I did pay via paypal but I had to do it manually. :c

3 months since layaway. When they shipped it via EMS it took about 5 days. I was so glad I could check where he was through the internet <3

Yes.

I absolutely was! Well, there were some issues with the hooves since it was made of transparent resin and it had bubbles in it but I didn't care about it much since it'll be painted into golden anyway ^-^

N/A

Yes, definitely! (2 boys are already on layaway with them <3)

Yes, certainly.

2nd:

What did you order?
      Soom MD Obsidius

When did you order?
      21th August 2011

Didn't communicate much, since I knew how their system works, and always paid on time :)

How easy was it to pay?
      Via soom's paypal system :) (got fixed till then <3)

4 months since layaway. When they shipped it via EMS it took about 5 days. I was so glad I could check where he was through the internet <3

Yes.

Yup, though I didn't know he would be this.. pink-ish xD but I like this colour, looks more natural to me than my other doll's skin :)

N/A

Yes, definitely! (2 boys are already on layaway with them <3)

Yes, certainly.

Sorry this got a bit long, and there will be 2 more in the future since Sard and Dia are on layaway right now. I really hope I won't be disappointed with them either <3 love you soom! :)

17. What did you order?
      Soom Post MD Free Choice Event Chalco head and body in bronze, blank with no extras

When did you order?
      October 22nd 2011

The order and payment confirmations, as well as the shipping notice all arrived in good time. I didn't have to contact them otherwise.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy - I paid by PayPal on layaway.

I paid off the layaway on December 29th, and received a shipping notice on January 6th. I was very surprised by how quickly they shipped it. My previous order took nearly two months to ship after I finished the layaway.

At the time of ordering I felt the price difference between normal and bronze was too high, and that the dolls were expensive considering their lack of human parts and I still feel that way, but I have no complaints about their quality. Seam lines and sanding were minimal, no broken parts. The bronze is a rich, consistent tone and the hoof, horn and skull parts were cast in dark brown and white resin.

There weren't any sales pictures for the free choice event, but the bronze skin looks consistent with their photos of other bronze dolls, and the sculpt looks the same as the original Chalco sales photos.

Yes, definitely.

N/A

Yes I would, and I almost certainly will at some point in the future.

I have done before, and would certainly do so again.

18. What did you order?
      Free Choice NS Sard w/ face up
      When did you order?
      October 18, 2011
      Great. Not much communication was needed, but Victoria was very prompt and helpful when I had a question about my order.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy with Paypal. I had him on layaway and everything was pretty self-explanatory.
      A little over two months. He was shipped on December 28
      Yes. I am very happy with his resin, face up and overall finish. Nothing to complain about and worth every penny.
      Well, yeah. The original Sard came in white skin and with a different color palette for the face up, but since there was a small release of NS Sards before, I had a pretty good idea what to expect and was not disappointed.
      Yes, very much so.
      N/A
      Yes, definitely.
      Yes, I've done so before and surely would again in the future :)

19. What did you order?
      Super Gem Dia X-mas kit
      When did you order?
      Nov. 28, 2011
      Fantastic. Victoria answered all of my question promptly and professionally.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Super easy with paypal.
      5 business days, 7 including the weekend. Layway paid off Jan 4th. Shipped Jan 11th.
      I am very happy with my girl!
      Actually, much better than I expected in real life.
      Absolutely.
      N/A
      Of course. They need to make a 62cm dolls though!
      Yes. There are a few MDs out there I'd love to get my hands on but couldn't afford when the free choice events happened recently.

20. What did you order?
      a) Soom Chrom
      b) Soom Alk, Jointed hands for Chrom

When did you order?
      a) June 21, 2011
      b) August 24, 2011

Prompt. They usually replied within 24 hours. And Victoria was very friendly, patient and accomodating with my endless questions and requests.

How easy was it to pay?
      Paid by layaway and it was a breeze!

a) Ordered late June, paid off early August, arrived end October
      b) Ordered late August, paid off early October, arrived end November

a) Yes.
      b) Yes.

a) I ordered him blank.
      b) I ordered him with faceup and he look just like the sale pictures. His resin was a bit pinker than expected but I'm cool with it!

Yes to both of them!

N/A

Definitely! :)

I would prefer to buy directly from them again but I'd buy it second hand if I had to.