1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Feedback (ALL)

Jul 26, 2005

1. *What did you order?
      Nion X-mas kit

* When did you order?
      11/28/07

* How was the communication?
      Excellent! I asked a few questions on their Q&A board, and received a reply within the next day or so. I also requested default faceup, but with a slightly different color for the eyebrows, as well as the color Luciferin for the eyes, since they were going to send random SOOM eyes anyway. Both requests were honored exactly! I also emailed them later after I placed the order and asked them to ship to a different place, since I'd gone home for the holidays, and they did this as well without any problems.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Quite easy.

* How long did it take to ship?
      Shipped 12/11/07, arrived a few days later (I believe on the 15th, if I remember correctly).

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Definitely!

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      The eyebrows were shaped differently than I thought they would, but overall she's even more gorgeous in person than in sale photos.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      Couldn't be happier!

2. * What did you order? a wig, garter belt and stockings, an SD sized hoodie
      * When did you order? 2nd Jan, slightly later because of a change in order.
      * How was the communication? Excellent. The next day i got a message telling me that they'd made a mistake and that the wig that I ordered wasn't in stock. However, they said I could choose a different wig or they would refund the money to my paypal account. I chose to choose a slightly different wig and they replied very quickly to say that this wig was in stock and that they'd ship as soon as possible.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very simple, paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? three days. I was very pleasantly surprised with the quick shipping!
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes it certainly was, my items are fantastic quality.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Even better, I'd say.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes I was! Because of the small hitch with the wig being out of stock I was even sent a pair of eyelashes as a gift. Very useful as I was just about to redo my boy's face :D

3. * What did you order?
      Gena kit with basic faceup; eyes, shooks, string puller; Dillui kit with custom faceup.

* When did you order?
      December 2006; March 2007; November 2007.

Excellent. They always respond quick.

Used paypal and was thus easy.

Usually within the week, two weeks. There was a slight delay with the 2007 kits, but only by a couple of days.

Yes, very much so.

Yes; although with Soom eyes it's probably best to look up some owner pictures.

Yes. :)

4. * What did you order? 1) Namu whiteskin head,pair of SOOM eyes,two pairs eyelashes,eyelash glue,plasticine.

* When did you order? 1) 1-10-08

* How was the communication? FABULOUS!

* How easy was it to pay? VERY easy!

* How long did it take to ship? 1) Arrived 5 DAYS after I placed the order!!!!

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? MORE gorgeous than imaginable,so YESSSS!!!! PLUS I GOT FREE FISHNET THIGH HIGHS!!!!!

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Looks 100x better,absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!

* Were you satisfied with the product? I intend to buy more from them in the future!!=^_^=

SOOM=:aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea

5. * What did you order?: Long hooded jacket (black and white)
      * When did you order?: 1/26/08
      * How was the communication?: Quick. They sent confirmation emails after I placed the order and also when it was shipped out.
      * How easy was it to pay?: VERY easy. Used my credit card.
      * How long did it take to ship?: A day or so.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?: Very much so.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?: Better! I didn't expect it to be long (which is what I wanted) but it was perfect
      * Were you satisfied with the product?: Very much so :aheartbea
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?: N/A

6. * What did you order?: Super Gem Spinel with Custom faceup

* When did you order?: 24/12/2007

* How was the communication?: Good. Generally answered my panicky questions the next day.

* How easy was it to pay?: Easy. Did layaway in 5 payments through Paypal.

* How long did it take to ship?: 7-8 days preparation time, and around 2 days to ship.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?: Yes - Spinel is gorgeous in person. The only thing I'm a bit iffy on - and this may just be my lack of experience, high expectations, or perfectionism coming into play - is that there are little rough patches in the resin on his legs.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?: Yep - but much more handsome in real life ;)

* Were you satisfied with the product?: Generally yes. Only thing that I'm not too happy with (apart from the resin thing which isn't too much of a problem) is that they got his eyebrows wrong. I wanted them flat, not slanted - and they did them slanted. So now his expression is wrong. Oh well, it gives him a wider range of expressions, I guess. We'll see.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?: Haven't told them about it yet - not sure where to do that, and can't be bothered....

7. REALLY LATE POST! XP I ordered my darling back months ago.

* What did you order?: Namu VOA Set Normal Skin with faceup and sanding

* When did you order?: Sometime at the start of August

* How was the communication?: Excellent! They answered all my questions ASAP, were very friendly, and made sure I knew when my boy would ship. They also ran out of the tattoos he was supposed to come with, so they emailed me and let me choose whatever ones I wanted instead. :) (Which for me was awesome since I loved the new ones MUCH better!)

* How easy was it to pay?: Easy as pie. Paypal!

* How long did it take to ship?: Around little less than two weeks, counting weekends.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?: YES! He is amazingly beautiful! His seams were sanded smooth, and he's able to stand like a rock. I really love how slender he is, and how long his legs are. The resin is fantastic, and his faceup is just beautiful!

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?: Yes, but millions of times more gorgeous!

* Were you satisfied with the product?: 100% yes! I stared at him for a solid minute from sheer awe when I popped off the box and there he was staring at me. I admit I was surprised at how slender his hands are, but now they've become one of my favorite features. :)

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?: Does not apply.

8. * What did you order?
      Gem Dimo, a wig, and a pair of shoes.

* When did you order?
      1/23/08

Mega amazing. They were out of stock of the wig I originally ordered, but they allowed me to change my order and replied quickly~

Super easy, I paid via credit card.

It left SOOM on 2/12/08, three weeks after I ordered, and arrived on 2/15/08.

He was even more beautiful in person. @w@

Yes~ The default make up is a little lighter than it appears in the pictures, from what I can tell, but it's beautiful. =O

Yes~ He was my first doll so I was worried about how he'd fare during shipping, but he was packaged very well and arrived flawless~ =D I will most definitely order from SOOM again. =x

9. * What did you order? New magnets for my Godo's head because the old ones randomly broke to pieces

* When did you order? I can't remember since it was a group order

* How was the communication? ...

* How easy was it to pay? Easy

* How long did it take to ship? Not very long

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes; the magnets are good quality

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Sort of, except that I got the wrong sizes

* Were you satisfied with the product? No. Soom sent me two thick magnets, so now the headcap won't close. The website said that I was supposed to get two magnets of different sizes.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?: They didn't.

I told Soom that I recieved two thick magnets and that the headcap won't close. Soom told me that they sent me two different magnets and to check the group order.
      They left it at that.
      They did not offer to solve my problem, see pictures of proof, or even offer me advice on how to fix the problem. They just assumed that they were right without seeing what I actually got--after I told them that I didn't get two different magnets.

After my past two experiences, I will never buy from Soom again.

10. What did you order?
      Super gem Spinel, with make up

When did you order?
      15 Feb 08

How was the communication?
      very well!!

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy, I use cc. paypal.

How long did it take to ship?
      only 8 days! my Spinel arrived at 23 Feb. :o

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      The quality is really good when compare with the price.:)

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Better than that.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      YESsssssss!!

11. * What did you order? 1) Romantic Gena with Lady Marmalade dress.

* When did you order? 1) 1-29-08

* How was the communication? Kelly on the Q&A board is so nice!

* How easy was it to pay? I used PayPal and their shopping cart was perfect!

* How long did it take to ship? 1) Confirmed on the same day, shipped on Feb 1, arrived Feb 3!

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? She's amazingly beautiful, the resin is smooth and she was well packaged. They honored my wig request and sent 2 pairs of their fabulous silicone eyes too :D The dress is drop-dead amazing! The quality is just astounding and it was cut just perfect for their Gem body.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Absolutely perfect.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Oh yes!

12. * What did you order? 1) Underwear set and Stripe Ribbon schoolgirl outfit (shirt, tie, suspender-skirt), and a pair of white Luts Maryjane shoes.

* When did you order? 1) 2-04-08

* How was the communication? I forgot to get the shoes at first and asked Kelly (Q&A moderator) if I could add them to the same order. She said to just send PayPal for the amount with my other order number in the note saying I wanted to combine the order. It worked and I wasn't charged extra shipping or anything. They even gave me points for the shoes :)

* How easy was it to pay? I used PayPal for the original order and the amended order. Everything was fine.

* How long did it take to ship? 1) Shipped on Feb 11th and arrived a day after. Took longer because they were closed for Lunar New Year for most of the week before.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? They sent me a free magic eraser block! The shoes are excellent, but it's Luts quality and pricing. The Stripe Ribbon set shirt is gorgeous, as is the skirt. The problem with the skirt though is that it strangely won't fit the Gem body unless I unstring her and put it on her waist while putting her lower body back together. I asked Kelly about it and she said they couldn't make it work either so she gave me a full refund for the outfit! They also pulled the outfit from their online store so you can't get it anymore.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? They're all stunning quality, even the skirt that I might modify to fit better.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Definitely, their customer service is the best!

13. hi, I have a question, there's 2 soom, one in usa and one in korea (or is japan?) anyway you referred which SOOM? i have fear that in italy from japan, delivery taken more time than 3 weeks,... who can help me to know this?

14. Gosh, I almost forgot to do this! :XD:

What did you order? [FFD] Godo (Tan Brown)
      * When did you order? 3-14-08
      * How was the communication? Excellent, Kelly answered my questions promptly prior to my order :)
      * How easy was it to pay? Simple, I used paypal! ^____^
      * How long did it take to ship? Order was placed on the 14th confirmation received on the 16th Shipped on the 19th and arrived the 23rd at the post office but had to be picked up on the 24th x.x" In a Nutshell: Uberfast x3
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yep, he's worth every penny x3
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? His lips were colored a little differently than the pictures, but overall he looks even better in person!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? You have no idea :nosebleed . . . And Soom even sent me an extra pair of eyes as a gift :whee: Will definitely buy from them again!

15. *What did you order? Super Gem Spinel- NS, without makeup

* When did you order? 02/20/08

* How was the communication? I didn't ask any questions so I didn't really have any communication with them.

* How easy was it to pay? Soom's credit card service was very easy to use.

* How long did it take to ship? I placed the order on the 20th, got my confirmation later that day, got a shipping notice on the 24th, and he was in my hot little hands by the 28th. Soom is super fast and EMS rocks my world.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely, the sculpt is beyond gorgeous with little details you may not catch in the photos on the site (he's got teeth!), the resin is lovely without any visible flaws, and his joints work beautifully- I like the locking mechanism in the knee joints. Since I didn't order him to be blushed, he does still have seams, but they're very small/non-jagged and look simple to remove.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Better, honestly. I don't like the bearded faceup on the site and the photos don't do his incredible body justice.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Very, very much so. I would order from Soom again in a heartbeat! :)

16. * What did you order? Kyrie Never Mind
      * When did you order? March 2008
      * How was the communication? Good
      * How easy was it to pay? easy, credit card through Dacom
      * How long did it take to ship? about 3.5 weeks, it took a bit longer because I ordered sanding
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Mostly yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes except for the wig
      * Were you satisfied with the product? on the whole, yes. had some problems though

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      They didn't fully solve it. My Kyrie had three problems:
      1. they didn't pierce her ears
      2. they didn't do the manicure
      3. they sent the wrong wig

I contacted their customer service and they apologized for 1. and 2. and credited points to my account.
      Regarding the wig, I asked them to send me the correct one and offered to send the other one back. They told me I had the right one, it looked different because it was styled with gel on the photo on their site. This is pure BS. The wig I got is not the right one, it is completely different and cannot be styled to look like the one on the site. Besides I've seen other KNM and they all had the right wig sent out.
      If they had told me the truth (that the wig is sold out and therefore they can't replace it) it wouldn't be so bad.

I don't mind about 1. and 2. so much but 3. is a big deal. The point of a limited doll is that you get everything: the limited outfit, face-up and wig.
      All in all, I'm very happy with my Kyrie. She's even more beautiful than I expected and they did a perfect job with the sanding. However I don't like being lied to so I don't know if I'll ever buy anything from Soom again.

17. Do you know anything about her? Friends of mine are getting her for me soon, since she's only 150$ with face up and I can get her in 30 days for 172.

DAAE

18. Just so you know loki1128, that is only the head thats for sale, it's an artist sculpt being distributed by Soom.

19. OOH! Thank you!!! :3 I was just wondering that as I kept looking at her. lmao. Well, my pal-o and I are browsing more dolls XD. Thank you very much for letting me know!

20. On the note of SOOM transactions, all I can say is they were absolutely wonderful!
      I ordered my SOOM Laon, the first doll I ever bought after looking into them for three years and finally falling in love, I was terrified because what if something went wrong? I'm a student, I am so short of money, and it was a massive deal for me as if anything went wrong it would be an even bigger deal for me to send him back to have any work done, but as I sit here typing this, having just scampered across the room to go and get my beautiful Daye, I have to say that everything was totally worth every penny I paid for him.

He turned up within three weeks, he was packed wonderfully in masses of foam cut to fit around him, with a free two free sets of SOOM eyes, one set pink one set blue, and a free wig, a lovely and apparently out of stock red and black combo, (that weirdly matched my own hair perfectly)

His face up was lovely, He's not been body brushed, but I think I like him better that way, and it was worth the $50 I paid for it to be done.

I input the wrong postcode when I first sent the order, but they replied within hours of my query and rectified my mistake which was brilliant.

He came with no damages, beautiful resin, the seems were not sanded but that's no problem at all, and it was a lovely very simple transaction.

I just wanted to put in my two cents about how awesome SOOM were. <3:aheartbea