1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Feedback (ALL)

Jul 26, 2005

1. It's great to see so much good stuff about Soom. I really can't wait to get my Lazule. :D

2. Yeah, Ritornel, Whenever things go wrong they seem to be really quick to reply, and very good at getting problems sorted <3

3. * What did you order? Cream White Gena.
      * When did you order? 18/03/08.
      * How was the communication? Perfect and very friendly. They confirmed payment within 6 hours (impressive considering it was 8am Korean time when they confirmed). They were also quick to reply to my question about shipping on the Q&A board.
      * How easy was it to pay? I paid via Paypal so very easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? Despite saying '3-7 days' on the payment confirmation it took 3 days short of a month for me to receive a shipping notice. As I mentioned above, I asked about the shipping on the Q&A board and Kelly said that it was normal for a doll to take 3 weeks to be made so perhaps this is just a mistake on the default email response? (3-7 days would be incredibly quick for a doll with face-up!)
      When I did receive the shipping notice on 15/04/08, it only took 3 days to arrive! All the way from Korea to England in 3 days?! Amazing!
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? I have to admit she doesn't look quite as pale but maybe that's just my screen? Her face-up is as wonderful as in the photos though, if not better!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Extremely!

4. I'll get the ball rolling.

I had some issues with my first order from Soom which were only partially resolved.
      I don't want to get into the details of the issues but rather the way Kelly (the Soom customer rep.) dealt with them:

1 - I wasn't offered the option to send my doll back to Soom for them to fix. I may or may not have accepted that option but I feel I should have been offered it.
      2 - I offered photographic proof of the problems but they weren't interested in seeing it.
      3 - Most importantly, Soom decided I was in the wrong without checking my evidence or making enquiries with their staff. And that's the part that really bothered me. Making the assumption that the customer is wrong without even checking the facts behind their complaint is really bad IMO. When I looked at the unlocked posts on their Q&A board, I realized that they did the same to other customers and this is the reason why I started this thread.

Basically the outcome for me was that they decided they were wrong on two points and I was wrong on one. I received points (store credit) as compensation.

In conclusion, I still like Soom as a company but their customer service needs to be improved.

5. I've had a lot of experiences with Soom's customer service before, and it was always excellent.
      However...
      My most recent experiences were a little saddening. Don't get me wrong--I love Soom and their products, but I was just hurt by the way the handled my issues. Here's just one of them.

I also won't include too many details on this either, but here's what happened in short:

- I was sent the wrong magnets for my doll's head cap. One magnet was too big, and the head wouldn't close. (There's only 1 listing on the site for magnets, so it is impossible to order the wrong ones by mistake.)
      - I carefully described my problem and how the head wouldn't close anymore.
      - Kelly insisted that she sent me the right magnets although I had clearly described the situation to her
      - She wasn't interested in seeing photographic proof and even ignored me when I did send it
      - Kelly also did not offer any advice as to how I could fix the doll on my own, nor did she tell me that it was too late to replace them, etc.

I found this saddening because Kelly insisted that she was right although I had told her my problem. It's as if she didn't read everything that I had written. In all, it felt as if she didn't want to, or even care, about helping me.

6. * What did you order? I've bought several items in group orders but I bought Spinel directly from Soom as well as clothing for him.
      * When did you order? 12/11/07, 03/30/08, and 03/31/08
      * How was the communication? Great. I got confirmation almost immediately. Kelly provides wonderful service on the Q&A Board, answering questions promptly and courteously. She even arranged to ship the clothing in the box with Spinel to save on shipping.
      * How easy was it to pay? Simple, I purchased on layaway using Paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? About 2 weeks but that was because the cargo jeans I ordered were being made.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, a quality product.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? So much so that I ordered the Super Gem Dia.

7. * What did you order? Gem Hyun-un creamy white, gem necklace, chalk pastels, fur wig and eye beveler 14mm.
      * When did you order? april 07, 2008
      * How was the communication? The confirmation came on the next day I placed the order and they informed me when they send me my doll and stuff. Good communication!
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy with paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? A week later! (april 14)
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Totaly!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes :)
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied ^^

This wasn't the first time I bought from Soom, but on the other times it was the same as above: a perfect transaction and itens ^^

8. * What did you order? SOOM Dimo
      * When did you order? May 2nd, 2008
      * How was the communication? Really good! I emailed them for questions and they were very helpful.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? No more than 3 weeks
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? YES <3
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Even better.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes!

9. * What did you order? R.Dillui unpainted head, various sanding supplies + eyes
      * When did you order? May 25th, 2008
      * How was the communication?never had to ask anything
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, I used the credit card system
      * How long did it take to ship? they had shipped it out by the next morning
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? exactly like it :)
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes....I do wish that I could use my points w/ a credit card order though.....I'm up to like 20 points with Soom now that I can only use if I use paypal. They were good about including the right magnets that I needed (I needed the Mini Gem size).

10. * What did you order?
      Gem Kanoa's head without faceup, a pair of Soom eyes and...plasticine 50g pack..:sweat

* When did you order?
      May 21nd, 2008

* How was the communication?
      Good! I left a message on the Q&A board several days after the arrival of the goods and they confirmed the arrival one day after that.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Quite simple and easy by credit card.

* How long did it take to ship?
      1 day..:o They shipped the goods on the 22nd. I was extremely shocked by their speed..

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes. The quality is great.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, exactly.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes! Very satisfied!:)

11. * What did you order?

1 Deneb, 1 Saiph (both with faceup, eyes, sanding seams service, and body brushing), a sampling of wigs to experiment with, forceps

* When did you order? 4-15-2008

* How was the communication?

Excellent. My email address is one of the ones that has trouble receiving emails from Soom, but Kelly and clover went above and beyond the call of duty to contact me through an alternate email address to confirm elements of my order. Responses on the Q&A forum to questions I had were answered quickly and in a friendly manner.

* How easy was it to pay?

Very easy, paypal.

* How long did it take to ship?

Shipped 06-12-2008; half the order arrived 06-14-2008, the other half on 06-17-2008

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?

Absolutely. I would say it is an excellent value for the price.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?

Significantly better, actually.

* Were you satisfied with the product?

Absolutely. I am really impressed, and will gladly buy from them again. (In fact, I did just today.)

12. *What did you order? 1) BW Dillui with face up 2) One pair of eyes (got a shirt as a gift)
      * When did you order? 5-27-08
      * How was the communication? The always answer my questions within a day.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy, Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? About 3 and 1/2 weeks
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Sure.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Better
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.

13. * What did you order? A Soom Gena WS head
      * When did you order? 6.14.08
      * How was the communication? I didn't have any questions, so this was not an issue.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very simple.
      * How long did it take to ship? I received it almost 5 days later!
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I would definitely say so. There were a couple of rough spots, though, but I found no reason to complain.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? It looked even better!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Most definitely!

14. * What did you order? Soom Sabik and Soom Beryl plus clothing
      * When did you order? Over a couple of years
      * How was the communication? Always prompt and very friendly
      * How easy was it to pay? Very simple.
      * How long did it take to ship? Soom usually ship promptly although there were slight delays with Beryl due to her popularity
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely, I love both my Soom dolls and am currently buying a Sard
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? The same or even better!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yep, definitely!

15. * What did you order? Soom Beryl- Never Ending Dream
      * When did you order? April 29th, 2008
      * How was the communication? Utterly fantastic. Answered questions quickly and consistantly.
      * How easy was it to pay? Through Paypal, very easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? She took... four days, I believe.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? A big yes to this one. Her resin is beautiful.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yep!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes! I was also very pleased with the fact that I requested a certain set of eyes, giving them a choice between two colors I would prefer, and they, in a very nice gesture, sent me both pairs! I was very pleased.

16. * What did you order? Soom Beryl; Boots
      * When did you order? 1 May; 1 July
      * How was the communication? Just fine.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy - they take credit cards directly
      * How long did it take to ship? 63 days (arrived 70 days); 1 day (arrived 6 days)
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yup.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? I couldn't ask for better.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Most definately

She was sooo well packaged it was funny. A total mummy, padding pieces between her leg pieces, cling wrap around the individual leg parts to protect the blushing PLUS all the bubble wrap...

17. * What did you order? NS Soom Nion, without a faceup or body blushing.
      * When did you order? July 18th
      * How was the communication? Didn't use the Q&A board, so I can't say.
      * How easy was it to pay? Quick and easy. After ordering I was directed to Paypal and it was all set.
      * How long did it take to ship? She was shipped within 2 business days, and arrived in 2 days!
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, but she's even more beautiful when I finally see her now in real life. =)
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Absolutely.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I didn't have any problems.

18. * What did you order? SOOM Spinel
      * When did you order? May 13 08
      * How was the communication? Very good :) they put up with all of my annoying questions so well. They are quick to answer, about a day or two after you post and a little longer on weekends
      * How easy was it to pay? Simple with Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? Less than a week after they sent it out. 65 days manufacturing though *_*
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, mostly. I think they could have done a better job sealing and could have at least cleaned the resin chips out of the box but whatever.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, indeed. A little lighter skinned than I would have guessed.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yup.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I didn't have anything important enough to complain about lol. They were a little cruel in the fact that they sent me the free pair of eyes in the same colour as the ones I ordered and paid for. They sent me a msd wig too as a random gift which threw me a bit.. it was nice but why not send a sd wig with an sd doll? Eh, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. :)

19. What did you order? Beryl neverending dream
      When did you order? April 2008 (first layaway payment) July 08, 2008 (last layaway payment)
      How was the communication? Good, if I wanted to check on delivery times they generally answered within two days via the Q&A message board, the only hiccup was when the person who does answer went on vacation, it took longer naturally
      How easy was it to pay? I used paypal, no problems
      How long did it take to ship? 55 days between my last layaway payment and arrival at my door
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I feel so. I have the more recent leg blushing, not much like the stock images, but I prefer them
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Face and body, yes; Legs, no
      Were you satisfied with the product? Oh yes!

I also ordered a LE dress and a pair of shoes. The Rose Queen outfit I think it was called. Really lovely also.