1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Feedback (ALL)

Jul 26, 2005

1. What did you order? Beryl, with outfit, no face up or blushing

When did you order? May 7th

How was the communication? Very good!

How easy was it to pay? Used paypal w/ no problem

How long did it take to ship? about 12 weeks

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? YES! her seam lines are pretty obvious, but that does not bother me at all, and they will remove them for an extra cost. Her outfit is stunning! Very well made with quality fabrics and lace. She was packed very carefully with foam between all of her joints and arrived with no scuffs or scratches at all. Her resin is quite thick and heavy; she feels very sturdy. She's a brick house!

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, mine was blank, but her outfit & wings are spot on!

Were you satisfied with the product? Yes! The entire experience dealing with Soom was great. She was well worth the wait IMO. I'd order from them again with no reservations.

2. What did you order? Elf Sabik, Vega, LS Vega and Rex, wigs, and a GO once

When did you order? over the last year or two

How was the communication? within 2-3 days

How easy was it to pay? Used paypal and CC, very easy

How long did it take to ship? between 1-2 months for the dolls, and almost immediately for the wigs.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, I'm very happy with SOOM quality. The only thing I don't like is that now their boxes have these weird raft-looking air-filled plastic things for packing, instead of the foam, making it pretty useless for storage. I'll have to make pillows or something.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yeup

Were you satisfied with the product? I've no issues with their quality. I felt the 2-month wait time was a little long, but that's seeming to become the standard now that they are a busier company.

3. * What did you order? Soom Spinel
      * When did you order?8/25008 had him delivered 9/13
      * How was the communication? It was ok. I don't think Kelly understood one of my questions, but everything was fine. Once I ordered, I did not really communicate with Soom. Unfortunately, I did not get either of the two wigs I requested.
      * How easy was it to pay? Simple
      * How long did it take to ship? From order to delivery:19 days.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? The pictures don't do him justice. He is a work of art. I am in love.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? I LOVE him

4. I've had excellent service from Soom. I purchased 2 Super Gem dolls on layaway and my order was processed and shipped promptly once my final payment was made. Kelly answered my questions on the Q&A Board in a timely manner and was always very courteous.

5. * What did you order? Mecha Angel Sabik normal skin (default faceup & bodyblushing), some clothes, wigs
      * When did you order? August 12th 2008 / arrived October 1st 2008
      * How was the communication? Great! I got prompt answers and all help I needed.
      * How easy was it to pay? Quick and easy via Paypal. I used the layaway plan.
      * How long did it take to ship? Arrived faster as expected.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Sabik looks even better in reallife! Amazing detailled, great work.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Absolutely.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I didn't have any problems.

6. This sounds good. I want a Spinel. I think he's gorgeous. Unfortunately, I have to save up... haha
      I'm already planning outfits for him though... And making plans to make them... ^_^

7. Wow. This is really encouraging. I love their dolls, and am looking into buying one from them since they're all so pretty, so hearing that they have great customer service is really awesome!

8. * What did you order? Soom Sard with faceup
      * When did you order? May 16th, 2008
      * How was the communication? Everything was good. When it started getting towards the end of the wait time and I kept asking them when he would be shipped, they were very nice about it and responded quickly. XD
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy. I was the one who goofed it up. I was trying to do layaway and ended up paying it entirely. Whoops!
      * How long did it take to ship? A little less than 2 months. Like 55 days or something I think.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Definitely. He is amazing and I :aheartbea him.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, but no sales pictures could do him justice, believe me. :)
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Absolutely. The wait time on Soom's monthlies is long, but it is so worth it. :aheartbea

9. * What did you order? 3 wigs, 3 pairs of eyes.
      * When did you order? 1 wig on October 03, the rest of it earlier today.
      * How was the communication? Good. Quick order confirmation and payment confirmation emails. They let you know when they've shipped, too.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very. They have automated Paypal checkout.
      * How long did it take to ship? Quick. Received the first order within 2 weeks. Expect the 2nd to arrive as quickly.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes,
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes. The colors were spot-on!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes... now, if I can just continue to hold out against the gorgeousness of their Monthly Dolls. :aheartbea:aheartbea

10. * What did you order? A Mini Gem Uyoo (quite-rabbit)
      * When did you order? September 14. (2008)
      * How was the communication? Pretty great. Nothing to worry about.
      * How easy was it to pay? Credit Card.
      * How long did it take to ship? In overall, it took 50 days. For the shipping, only a week!! I was totally shocked when my mother handed me the light box, telling me that the EMS guy passed that morning.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitly! :D
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Much, much better in real. (:
      * Were you satisfied with the product? YES! : D And I'll totally deal with SOOM again if I have to.

11. * What did you order? Iplehouse Silvia (yes, from Soom)
      * When did you order? May 2008 (on layaway)
      * How was the communication? Easy and quick.
      * How easy was it to pay? Somewhat confusing as I wanted to set up my layaway via Paypal and they didn't have their paypal address listed except in an FAQ that took forever to find. After that, it was easy-peasy.
      * How long did it take to ship? about a week, after I paid off the layaway
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? would buy from again. :)

I totally agree with this:

The only negative was the actual box was rather flimsy--I was glad she was wrapped well, because the box was banged up. :)

12. * What did you order? 1) A Namu head with face up 2) A Daae head without face up
      * When did you order? 8/9/08
      * How was the communication? Initially I got an order confirmation, then a shipping notice when heads were sent. When the heads arrived and I wasn't happy I sent an email and have not had a reply (more than 2 weeks later).
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy through Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? 6 weeks
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? No, the Namu head's face up looks rushed - uneven eyelashes (different on each eye) one eyelash is really long like the brush slipped and they didn't fix it. The Daae head came with no magents in the head or headcap even though there are holes for magnets in each.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Daae head - yes, Namu face up - no
      * Were you satisfied with the product? No. The face up on Namu is not good. The Daae head has no magnets (it's still a $100 head - why no magnets?) The packaging was not very good - a bit small and flimsy. Overall I'm not really happy. I expected better quality & service.

PS - I just wanted to clarify that after I posted the above I was contacted by a SOOM Rep through here and they were very helpful and nice and sent out the magnets for the Daae head. The face up on the Namu with the one long eyelash IS the default face up - which I had failed to notice - so that one was my fault since I didn't notice that on their website. Just wanted to note here that Soom rectified the situation and all is OK. Thanks.

13. What did you order? A wig and some eyes

When did you order? In spring 2008
      How was the communication? Okay
      How easy was it to pay? No problems at all
      How long did it take to ship? Not sure . . not too long
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes it was okay
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes it did. I was actually very happy that the eyes looked to be the exact same colour as they looked on my monitor.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Absolutely but there was a shipping problem.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? The parcel was held up by customs. They send a letter to me telling me that they had a parcel for me but I only got the letter the same day the parcel was being send back to Soom.

At first I thought that it was the Danish postal service that had screwed up and I e-mailed Soom. They imidiately admittet that the problem was caused by the fact that they had made a mistake when they wrote the address on my parcel. They promiesed to send my parcel back to me for no extra charge as soon as they got it again. Wich they did and they included a dressmakes dummy in the size of a Mini Gem (The wig I ordered was for a Mini Gem)

I'm happy that they resolved the matter with no cost for me and even gave me something as an apology. Perhaps they could have just send the items again without waiting the the first parcel to return to them, but I had gotten the last wig of that style and colour so it wasn't possible. I'm also very happy and impressed that they admittet that it was their fault even though my e-mail to them stated that I thought the Danish postal service was at fault.

I would never hesitate to buy something from Soom again.

Dustbunnie

14. Soom Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

15. * What did you order? namu cream white with faceup
      * When did you order? 10th december 2008
      * How was the communication? great, I got the order confirmation within a few hours and my question on the q & a was answered within hours as well.
      * How easy was it to pay? very simple, paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? delivery notice on the 17th, arrived in the country on the 20th, cleared customs and picked up on the 23rd (this was a nice christmas present for myself :lol:)
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? looks even better in person.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? yep. the whole order was a very pleasant experience, will definitely order from them again.

16. I guess I strike first.

* What did you order?
      Soom combined with AR, so I got an Angel Region Ren boy, a wig and socks.

* When did you order?
      jaunuary 3rd. Today

I purchased it directly from SOOMJAPAN, the store in Harajuku.

It was okay. Until I came home to find the problems.

The store doesn`t take credit cards though they put up those Visa/Mastercard stickers.

I bought and took it home today.

yeah.

Well I actually was looking at them so yes.

Almost.

Oh here`s the fun part.The wig and socks were fine.
      Ren however, was a HORRIBLE disaster.
      I took him home to find out He was a She, and that it wasn`t even a Ren but an Ami.
      They also did not mention that they weren`t coming with random Wigs/Eyes.
      I got a phonecall after sending an e-mail of complaint shortly.
      In the end they told me they don`t have Ren in white skin, so I took Ami up as a boy.
      They gave me a free wig, but the elastic turned out to be too thick. Ugh.
      I`m too tired to complain again, so I`m just going to use the elastic on my 13 boy at home and go get Volks elastic tomorrow.

Probably. I have to say they`re at least trying.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      I`d probably be more willing to purchase second hand.

17. * What did you order? IO X 3
      * When did you order? 9/30
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? directly from company
      * How was the communication? easy through Q&A
      * How easy was it to pay? very easy, it by papal
      * How long did it take to ship? a week or so after full payment
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? very well price
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? perfectly
      * Were you satisfied with the product? very
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? by trying their best :)
      * Would you order from this company again? yes!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? yes!

18. * What did you order?
      a hyun-un head (no face-up) and face-up stuff (pastels, lashes, glue)
      * When did you order?
      21/01/2009.
      directly.
      soom's communication is always superb, q&a questions have always been always answered within hours for me. no different this time.
      easy, paypal.
      ordered and shipped on the 21st, picked up on the 26th.
      absolutely.
      even better in real life.
      very.

-
      yes! I love soom.
      yes.

19. * What did you order?
      Gem Asil

* When did you order?
      Dec 20th, 2008 (Christmas Kit)

Directly from Soom

Excellent
      Very easy, used CC

Less than 4 weeks
      Good

Yes (except the large S hook was too big for Gem neck, so I had to find a replacement from Volks kit)

Yes

Yes

Yes

20. * What did you order?
      Dia boy
      * When did you order?
      January 20
      Ordered directly
      Fast and polite
      Very easy
      4 days
      yes
      better
      absolutely
      yes
      yes